WARNING: PAC 10 Freshman Rushing Record In Danger

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

WARNING: PAC 10 Freshman Rushing Record In Danger

Post by woundedknees »

LaMichael James needs 61 yards to eclipse the "Unassailable" PAC 10 Freshman Record set last season by the incomparable Jac(Whizzzzzzzzz) Rodgers... 1253 yards.

Of course he will bench himself in deference to the stupendous accomplishments of Quizz.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Re: WARNING: PAC 10 Freshman Rushing Record In Danger

Post by greenyellow »

He'll probably get 60 yards next week and then say he's going to sit out until next season since he's not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Jacquizz Rogers.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Humility is so Over-Rated!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

You just know that some Beaver fans are going to say James really isn't a freshman since he redshirted and is considered a sophomore academically while Quizz did it as a true freshman.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Ride the Beavis Whaambulance...

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

The Civil War will be great to see LMJ rush for 150+ and Quizz get shutdown!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

The key is YPC....How many touches does LMJ have as compared to Jizz last year, to arrive at the total yards gained....

It can be summarized by saying, "Jizz? He aint no LaMichael James"
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Not sure why both teams fans feel compelled to compare LMJ and Quizz, and each berates the other. Heres a flash- they are both damn good. Quizz is a workhorse back who can catch the ball, and has added some breakaway runs to his resume this year. LMJ has similar skills, probably aliitle faster.

Both will go for over 100 in the Civil War.
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

wlduck wrote:Not sure why both teams fans feel compelled to compare LMJ and Quizz, and each berates the other. Heres a flash- they are both damn good. Quizz is a workhorse back who can catch the ball, and has added some breakaway runs to his resume this year. LMJ has similar skills, probably aliitle faster.

This is my sentiments as well.

The Civil War is going to be a shoot out. We didn't see Quizz last year, so most fans don't know what to expect. That guy is good. I didn't really see him last year, just watched a replay of their USC victory earlier this year, so I could see him run. I was very impressed. There was a goal line situation, where Brian Cushing came around the line and grabbed Quizz as he was passing the line of scrimmage. It was hard to see Quizz in the pile, but you could see Cushing grab him, there was a pause and then Cushing got jerked about two or three yards over the goal line. Wow.

I would still rather have James, just because of his breakaway speed. And except for once yesterday, I can't recall another time he hasn't made a first down or a td with only a yard to go. I think Quizz has more power, but they are both very effective.

One thing I would take Quizz over just about anyone else (except J-stew): he has not fumbled. At all. Over 500 touches. We kind of took it for granted with J-stew, but it makes such a huge difference at times. Especially kickoffs.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

spinseeker wrote:
wlduck wrote:Not sure why both teams fans feel compelled to compare LMJ and Quizz, and each berates the other. Heres a flash- they are both damn good. Quizz is a workhorse back who can catch the ball, and has added some breakaway runs to his resume this year. LMJ has similar skills, probably aliitle faster.

This is my sentiments as well.

The Civil War is going to be a shoot out. We didn't see Quizz last year, so most fans don't know what to expect. That guy is good. I didn't really see him last year, just watched a replay of their USC victory earlier this year, so I could see him run. I was very impressed. There was a goal line situation, where Brian Cushing came around the line and grabbed Quizz as he was passing the line of scrimmage. It was hard to see Quizz in the pile, but you could see Cushing grab him, there was a pause and then Cushing got jerked about two or three yards over the goal line. Wow.

I would still rather have James, just because of his breakaway speed. And except for once yesterday, I can't recall another time he hasn't made a first down or a td with only a yard to go. I think Quizz has more power, but they are both very effective.

One thing I would take Quizz over just about anyone else (except J-stew): he has not fumbled. At all. Over 500 touches. We kind of took it for granted with J-stew, but it makes such a huge difference at times. Especially kickoffs.
Snoop and Jizz are two totally different stories..Niot even a comparison there...But, there is a very strong similarity btween JHizz and LMJ...Size and illusiveness..That is why they are being compared...No way would I even think about exchanging LMJ for Jizz
Why? Look at the yards per carry stats...
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

ducksrock wrote:
Snoop and Jizz are two totally different stories..Niot even a comparison there...But, there is a very strong similarity btween JHizz and LMJ...Size and illusiveness..That is why they are being compared...No way would I even think about exchanging LMJ for Jizz
Why? Look at the yards per carry stats...
Quizz would have a much higher YPC in our offense.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

LMJ is getting these yards with other playmakers on the field. LMJ would probably get twice as many yards if he played for Oregon State. Jizz has far more carries and is the main playmaker for the team, the Beavers don't spread the ball around like the Ducks do. Quizz is a good player but LMJ is better.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

gofightingducks wrote:LMJ is getting these yards with other playmakers on the field. LMJ would probably get twice as many yards if he played for Oregon State. Jizz has far more carries and is the main playmaker for the team, the Beavers don't spread the ball around like the Ducks do. Quizz is a good player but LMJ is better.
That is an understatement...Jizz wouldnt be touchin the ball nearly as much in our offense..Why? Because we wouldnt need for him to do so...And its a moot point either way..He chose to go to Oregon Straight and is where he is....

The funny thing is that in last years CW, neither Jizz or his brother played, but OSU gained more total yards than their yearly average....Hmmmmmm, Veryyyyyy Interesting....And we still grossly outscored em...Can anyone say.....65 to 38....lol

I would say that I wish OS Ewe luck in the CW, but I dont...I do hope that the Dynamic Duo can stay healthy through the WSU game...Time to end this story and put the matter to rest...
Lil Brother takes a back seat to Big Brother once again....

GOOOOOOOO DUCKS
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit

Post by huckthefuskies »

The funny thing is that in last years CW, neither Jizz or his brother played, but OSU gained more total yards than their yearly average....Hmmmmmm, Veryyyyyy Interesting....And we still grossly outscored em...Can anyone say.....65 to 38....lol

I would say that I wish OS Ewe luck in the CW, but I dont...I do hope that the Dynamic Duo can stay healthy through the WSU game...Time to end this story and put the matter to rest...
Lil Brother takes a back seat to Big Brother once again....

GOOOOOOOO DUCKS[/quote]

I thought James Rodgers got hurt during the civil war for some reason. I also remember that game being pretty intense in the first half. Seems like with about a minute left in the half OSU started using their timeouts because thay had us pinned deep, then on like a 3rd and long we sprang a 70ish yard touchdown down the sideline. Then didn't we get a pick 6 a few seconds later? My memory is fading lately but that game didn't seem as lop-sided as a lot of people advertise. (at least until James Rodgers left the game.) I am not sure if I am more worried about Zona on the road or OSU at home but I think we have a tough schedule to finish this year out.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

That was the game where James broke his collar bone on a hit by Jairus Byrd after a 27 yard gain in the 4th quarter. IIRC, at the time Oregon already held a 51-31 lead.

Yup! Here's the reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Civil ... ball_game)

4th quarter

The Ducks stayed on the ground, not unusual with a late-game lead, but after six straight runs and a holding penalty they faced 3rd and 6 at their own 24. Once again Masoli silenced the home crowd, throwing a slant pass to WR Scott, who eluded a tackle, threaded the OSU secondary and scored on the 76 yard play, making the score 51-31.

OSU fumbled on its next series after moving the ball to the Oregon 13, but after a 3-and-out Stroughter returned the punt 55 yards to Oregon’s 18. OSU eventually found the endzone after a PI penalty on Oregon CB Ward, with Moevao tossing a short pass to Camp, and the Beavers were back within 13 at 51-38. But they would not score again.

That was at the end of JR the Elder's 27 yard run, when he lost the ball and couldn't recover it due to the injury.