whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Game Day in Tuscon next week

Post by whosyourwally »

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Game Day in Tuscon next week

Post by karlhungis »

While I am glad that it gives us more exposure, I really wish gameday wasn't there. This gives the AZ and their fans more motivation for the game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Arizona and their douchebag fans will be motivated to take down Oregon again but even though the game is on the road and they will be motivated so will Oregon with a Rose Bowl berth on the line. The way Arizona played at Cal was terrible. Maybe they were caught looking ahead to the Oregon game or maybe that have been more lucky than good. Oregon giving up a lot of 3rd and longs and missed tackles in the 2nd half worries me. They got pressure on the QB but more often than not missed him.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I personally don't like this, but if Oregon can pull off the win, it'd be a huge plus for us.

Seems like we lose or barely win whenever we battle Arizona, so it's gonna be tough. Arizona is 5-0 at home.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

not all that happy about this. Have they announced a time for the game?
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

gofightingducks wrote:Arizona and their douchebag fans will be motivated to take down Oregon again but even though the game is on the road and they will be motivated so will Oregon with a Rose Bowl berth on the line. The way Arizona played at Cal was terrible. Maybe they were caught looking ahead to the Oregon game or maybe that have been more lucky than good. Oregon giving up a lot of 3rd and longs and missed tackles in the 2nd half worries me. They got pressure on the QB but more often than not missed him.
Yeah, I remember Javes Lewis making it into the backfield untouched but just took a bad angle and missed. They may be able to correct that in the film room. A lot of missed opportunities for sacks yesterday. Remember AZ lost to Washington and Cal. :oops: How good could they be?

As good as our defense played a the beginning of the season, until really two weeks ago, it seems weird that it feels like we will really need to outscore our opponents the next two weeks in order to win.
GetDuckedUp
One Star Recruit

Post by GetDuckedUp »

I'll be there for Gameday with all my Duck stuff on representing! It's gonna be a wild one! Gametime is 5PM Pacific Time
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Penky26 wrote:not all that happy about this. Have they announced a time for the game?
5:00.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I was really hoping for 1230. Enough of the night games.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

gofightingducks wrote:Oregon giving up a lot of 3rd and longs and missed tackles in the 2nd half worries me. They got pressure on the QB but more often than not missed him.
It doesn't really worry me. For two reasons.
1. Samson Szakacsy is elusive and mobile.
2. Nick Foles is very stationary. All you had to do was watch him yesterday, does he look like a guy that will make guys miss and break tackles? Didn't think so.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

BTW, Its actually "Tucson"
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

duckgrad99 wrote:I was really hoping for 1230. Enough of the night games.
The night will be better, the sun isn't out so the heat isn't as oppressive, especially since we won't be wearing all white because we already used that combo so not playing in the sun will help. Also it's gonna be a nationally televised game on abc so the exposure can't hurt for recruiting.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I've got to say, it's been a pleasure having just about every ducks game on tv this season, especially for those of us that aren't even in Oregon. Definitely shows how far we have come as a program.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

ducksrock wrote:BTW, Its actually "Tucson"
my bad. east coast bias. just a ghost town anyway right?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Define "Ghost".

I really did not like that stadium when I attended a couple games there.

Then again, I really disliked the games at SunDevil Stadium, too. Actually had a large gang of Devil fans trying to crash into the nosebleed section of the Oregon seats to pick a fight with the guy who used to show up with the opposing team's mascot tied on a rope and would beat the stuffing outa the poor effigy whenever Oregon scored... Arizona Rangers working security had to eject several of them.

Maybe it has something to do with the quality of host?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!