Who else wants to see Stanford DISMANTLE ND?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Who else wants to see Stanford DISMANTLE ND?

Post by karlhungis »

While a Stanford loss would certainly help our cause, I still think the CW will be for all the marbles. So I really want to see Stanford BLOW THE DOORS off of ND. I hope they make the USC blowout look like it was a competitive game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Who else wants to see Stanford DISMANTLE ND?

Post by gofightingducks »

I would love to see Stanford blow them out! I think Oregon wins out so a Stanford win will be good.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

how does a stanford loss out of conference help our cause?
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

whosyourwally wrote:how does a stanford loss out of conference help our cause?

It doesnt, in any way, shape or form that I know of...

The Domers need to lose again, plain and simple....I simply cannot handle the over hype each and every year...It is beyond rediculous....
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

If anything, national league perception, Stanford losing puts the league as a whole in negative light. It may not mean anything this year, but those things do stick in the voters mind on the east coast.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Stanford by 35 :mrgreen:
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

karlhungis wrote:While a Stanford loss would certainly help our cause, I still think the CW will be for all the marbles. So I really want to see Stanford BLOW THE DOORS off of ND. I hope they make the USC blowout look like it was a competitive game.
There is a common misconception that overall record is the first tie-breaker...after head-to-head...and it makes sense that it would be, but alsa it is not so I can't wait to see the Cookie Monster's (aka Charlie) team get run over...and then watch the fat boy complain about his players not being "in the game" and then at the end of the year getting kicked to the curb and looking for a new job!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Of course we want Stanford to kill Notre Dame, right after they lose to Cal.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

Regardless of what happens with us next week, the Civil War will decide if the Beavers make the Rose Bowl (no way they lose to WSU). We have to win out to be in it. If Stanford wins out (and I think they will), they could get an at large BCS birth. :shock: They are currently 17th in the coaches poll.

How shocking would that be. No bowl in 8 years to a BCS bowl. Doubt they would actually get picked though, because they don't have enough fans to entice a bid. :oops:
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

spinseeker wrote:Regardless of what happens with us next week, the Civil War will decide if the Beavers make the Rose Bowl (no way they lose to WSU). We have to win out to be in it. If Stanford wins out (and I think they will), they could get an at large BCS birth. :shock: They are currently 17th in the coaches poll.

How shocking would that be. No bowl in 8 years to a BCS bowl. Doubt they would actually get picked though, because they don't have enough fans to entice a bid. :oops:
There was no way USC would lose to Stanford in 2007 (40 point spread) yet they did. Never look past one game or it could bite.We win the next 2 and it all settles itself out.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I look forward to seeing the ND fans whine after the loss. They are currently using the "academic standards" card when trying to excuse their poor performance on the field. It will be pretty entertaining to see a new coach like Harbaugh at a school with high academic standards blow them out.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
liberalduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by liberalduck »

I was kind of hoping that ND would win just enough games this year so that the powers that be would feel obligated to retain Weiss. This would, of course, make sure ND sucks for the foreseeable future. However, now that even all the dimwitted ND fans know that Weiss and ND suck, Weiss is sure to be a goner. And after Stanford crushes ND, a firing won't even be enough to calm the irate ND fan base. They will probably hold Weiss hostage and force him to fast which for Weiss is a torture worse than death.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

So ND will be trying to hire Harbaugh, after the game?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

bmxryder507
Two Star Recruit

Post by bmxryder507 »

So if Stanford loses to ND but beats Cal, that would put them 8-3. They could still win the pac10 and earn the Rose Bowl, but with only 8 wins would they get into the Rose, Doesnt a team have to have 9wins?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Not if they end up as conference champion.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!