Who else wants to see Stanford DISMANTLE ND?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

wheaton4prez
Senior

Re: Who else wants to see Stanford DISMANTLE ND?

Post by wheaton4prez »

woundedknees wrote:So ND will be trying to hire Harbaugh, after the game?
I think that could easily happen. Them or the Redskins.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
MerDuck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:While a Stanford loss would certainly help our cause, I still think the CW will be for all the marbles. So I really want to see Stanford BLOW THE DOORS off of ND. I hope they make the USC blowout look like it was a competitive game.
There is a common misconception that overall record is the first tie-breaker...after head-to-head...and it makes sense that it would be, but alsa it is not so I can't wait to see the Cookie Monster's (aka Charlie) team get run over...and then watch the fat boy complain about his players not being "in the game" and then at the end of the year getting kicked to the curb and looking for a new job!
I'm still confused as to how Washington was picked to go to the Rose Bowl in 2000. Can anyone explain what happens when three teams are tied and they are all 1-1 vs. each other?
You go to the record against the next-best teams. So, you look at the three teams' records against the fourth ranked team. If there's still a tie (they all beat that team or they all lost to that team), you look to the fifth ranked team. You keep doing that until the tie is broken or you've gotten through the entire conference (which is what would happen if all three teams only had one loss). At that point, I don't really know what they go to. But this year, we're in trouble in any tie-breaker because all our losses would come to teams we were tied with. Arizona, on the other hand, has a loss to UDub, which is pretty near the bottom of the conference. So they're currently in the best shape.

Of course, if we win out we're in. So we control our destiny... But another loss would basically relegate us to a non-BCS bowl.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Still think it's dumb that bad losses don't even count in tie-breakers. It's like a rule that pits one poker players hand against another but only allows one of them 4 cards and the other all 5.
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

i do...blow em out and make em cry...
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Sounds like Harbaugh is about to sign an extension with Stanford. I was really hoping he would jump to the NFL.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Of course we want Stanford to kill Notre Dame, right after they lose to Cal.
Winner.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

karlhungis wrote:Sounds like Harbaugh is about to sign an extension with Stanford. I was really hoping he would jump to the NFL.
Has he commented saying that he plans to sign?

From what I was able to find, Stanford was drafting an extension and thought he would sign. But, rumors are that he does want to go to the NFL.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

wheaton4prez wrote:
karlhungis wrote:Sounds like Harbaugh is about to sign an extension with Stanford. I was really hoping he would jump to the NFL.
Has he commented saying that he plans to sign?

From what I was able to find, Stanford was drafting an extension and thought he would sign. But, rumors are that he does want to go to the NFL.
I hope he goes to the NFL. Stanford is scary good and they will only get better with him around.