Boyett...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Boyett...

Post by duckfan96 »

where was he? I watched the game and he didnt seem to be out there as much as games past. He in the doghouse for some reason? Just wondering
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Re: Boyett...

Post by ljginger »

He was rotating with Javes Lewis and was being used on 3rd down mostly...TJ Ward is why you aren't seeing as much Boyett right now...He's the senior and a stud at that....I think they like having the speed of Lewis and the hitting of Ward...pretty sure Boyett isn't the doghouse!
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

They were playing tj ward, better hitting, though I have generally been impessed with Boyett's tackling. He has great pass coverage skills and had one great pass break up last night. I saw tj get burned at least once or twice. Did anyone else notce?
ljginger
Three Star Recruit

Post by ljginger »

Yes I thought Tj's pass coverage was suspect yesterday. He got beat a couple of times.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

Boyett is in the dog house for consistently being beat against stanford. That game made it evident that he wasn't their best option.
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

i noticed the same thing when i watched the stanford replay, he was getting burned all over the place. the play action was killing him.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

neezy3 wrote:i noticed the same thing when i watched the stanford replay, he was getting burned all over the place. the play action was killing him.
The ball being near him was killing him
HugeInTheEug
Three Star Recruit

Post by HugeInTheEug »

I noticed a few times they had a 3-3-5 package with Boyett, Ward, Lewis, Jackson III, and Harris all in.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I doubt Boyett is in the dog house. Pretty sure it was so that Lewis could move back to safety and Harris could start at corner like rcook said the coaches would "never do".

Ward did get burned on a couple key passes. But, at the same time, he was very, very good stopping the run (and made some pass break-ups too).

I'm impressed by Boyett and want to see him rewarded with playing time. But, I have to agree with the coaches call to put Ward out there over him. It's just seniority. Ward has a legitimate NFL shot. Boyett has a few more seasons to play as a Duck. It wouldn't be fair to Ward who has put in his dues and clearly has talent to bring to play Boyett over him, imo.
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

I think playing tj as a senior makes some sense and is fair to him. I just worry about play action against the beavs. I trust the coaches ofcourse.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I have little doubt that they will go after him with that.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Speaking of DBs, seemed like Cliff was out there a lot for the game. Shoulda had a pick six.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Speaking of DBs, seemed like Cliff was out there a lot for the game. Shoulda had a pick six.
yep he should have that easily. :(
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

wheaton4prez wrote:I doubt Boyett is in the dog house. Pretty sure it was so that Lewis could move back to safety and Harris could start at corner like rcook said the coaches would "never do".

Ward did get burned on a couple key passes. But, at the same time, he was very, very good stopping the run (and made some pass break-ups too).

I'm impressed by Boyett and want to see him rewarded with playing time. But, I have to agree with the coaches call to put Ward out there over him. It's just seniority. Ward has a legitimate NFL shot. Boyett has a few more seasons to play as a Duck. It wouldn't be fair to Ward who has put in his dues and clearly has talent to bring to play Boyett over him, imo.
While I appreciate players coming to our school, I think Seniority determining playing time is bogus. I don't care what year you are, whoever plays best for what they're asked to do is who is on the field.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

No offense...but Ward isnt all that great in coverage either. And the D was really clicking when Boyett was playing alot. Not saying he was the only reason...just saying.