Boyett...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Re: Boyett...

Post by ducksin2010 »

duckfan96 wrote:No offense...but Ward isnt all that great in coverage either. And the D was really clicking when Boyett was playing alot. Not saying he was the only reason...just saying.
Watch the stanford game again and just focus on boyett
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Watch the zona game from last year and focus on Ward. Not all of Oregons pass problems are Boyetts fault nor Wards
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Oregonian wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:I doubt Boyett is in the dog house. Pretty sure it was so that Lewis could move back to safety and Harris could start at corner like rcook said the coaches would "never do".

Ward did get burned on a couple key passes. But, at the same time, he was very, very good stopping the run (and made some pass break-ups too).

I'm impressed by Boyett and want to see him rewarded with playing time. But, I have to agree with the coaches call to put Ward out there over him. It's just seniority. Ward has a legitimate NFL shot. Boyett has a few more seasons to play as a Duck. It wouldn't be fair to Ward who has put in his dues and clearly has talent to bring to play Boyett over him, imo.
While I appreciate players coming to our school, I think Seniority determining playing time is bogus. I don't care what year you are, whoever plays best for what they're asked to do is who is on the field.
Yeah. I agree to an extent. I'm not saying that it should over-rule playing ability. Just that it should be a factor. Basically, a tie-breaker. If two players have close to equally redeeming ability, you break the tie with seniority.

If I'm not mistaken, Ward was the defensive player of the game with a bunch of tackles (on top of great special teams play). It's not like he's a bad player. Just maybe not as balanced as would be ideal.
ducksin2010 wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:No offense...but Ward isnt all that great in coverage either. And the D was really clicking when Boyett was playing alot. Not saying he was the only reason...just saying.
Watch the stanford game again and just focus on boyett
Boyett wasn't playing strong safety in that game like he had been. He's better suited for strong safety like Ward, imo, where he plays the pass from underneath and looks for the run.