Oregon @ Arizona Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

One step closer.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Arizona Thread

Post by Greydrake »

One major difference between this year and 2007, the offense is healthy. We will not be going down there with a banged up group. The D' might be missing a few from the start of the season, but overall I am surprised how this team health is so far.

If the D' can step up and play like its capable of and make tackles, I'll like our chances a lot.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greydrake wrote:One major difference between this year and 2007, the offense is healthy. We will not be going down there with a banged up group. The D' might be missing a few from the start of the season, but overall I am surprised how this team health is so far.

If the D' can step up and play like its capable of and make tackles, I'll like our chances a lot.
I agree. If the D can come up with a couple turnovers and play decent defense, we should win.

Really my biggest fear is the gameday factor. Tucson might be tough with a the pac-10 on the line.

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think a huge key in this one is the ducks getting out to an early lead. Playing from behind might force us to go to the passing game which isn't our strength. Score early and quiet the crowd.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

duckgrad99 wrote:I think a huge key in this one is the ducks getting out to an early lead. Playing from behind might force us to go to the passing game which isn't our strength. Score early and quiet the crowd.

Excatly, Must get early lead. Build up points and never look back!
BisonDucks
Three Star Recruit

Post by BisonDucks »

chump01284 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:I think a huge key in this one is the ducks getting out to an early lead. Playing from behind might force us to go to the passing game which isn't our strength. Score early and quiet the crowd.

Excatly, Must get early lead. Build up points and never look back!
Arizona's oline did not play well against Cal. Let's hope for more of the same this next week.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I think Zona got somewhat exposed against Cal. They're a good team but not the top 20 team we thought they were. They fed on all the lower level Pac10 teams & of course, got the beevs at the beggining of the season. They kinda remind me of the ASU team from 07. Played an incredibley favorable schedule, racked up the wins & got pretty high in the polls but no one was really buying it.

If the atmosphere gets to us I could see it being close but if we come out focused & even close to firing on all cylinders, we will win easily. Bring on the beefers.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I seriously don't think playing from behind is going to cause Chip to change the plan, at least until late in the game. We score so fast its more a matter of the defense getting a stop so we have the ball back. The Stanford game is a great example. We kept doing what we do and the points kept coming. We just can't let teams score on nine straight posessions or whatever Stanford did.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Is it safe to say that this is one of the biggest games in Oregon football history? I mean how many times has this team been so close to a Rose Bowl this late in the season? Of course wins by both Oregon schools would set up the biggest civil war maybe of all time, but first things first.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Is it safe to say that this is one of the biggest games in Oregon football history? I mean how many times has this team been so close to a Rose Bowl this late in the season? Of course wins by both Oregon schools would set up the biggest civil war maybe of all time, but first things first.

Our next three games will all be the "biggest game" in Oregon's history up to that point... if we keep winning ;)

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Man imagine if Arizona still had Rob Gronkowski, that would change this game so much.

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Man imagine if Arizona still had Rob Gronkowski, that would change this game so much.
Don't even go there!!! He gave us fits last year and you're right that if he was playing, the job would be tougher.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

better believe stoops is gonna have them gunning for masoli. i mean this is the same guy who bragged about knocking our qbs outta the game the last two times we've been there.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

After Oregon State and Washington, there is no team I hate more in the pac-10 than Arizona, and that includes USC. I read the other day a quote from an Arizona player who said that they needed to hit Masoli, or basically knock him out of the game. Frankly, I've had enough from that team and I hope the ducks destroy them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ALMOST GAMEDAY!

Can't believe how open the Pac-10 is this year. Can you imagine if an Arizona, OSU, or even Stanford wins the Pac-10 this year?

We cannot allow that to happen. We MUST win the Pac-10. No team outside of USC should win the Pac-10 instead of us.