Jeremiah Heisoli

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Jeremiah Heisoli

Post by sickaduck »

Sounds good, doesn't it? It will be interesting how things finish out this year and what the University does for it's guys next year as far as any Heisman banter.

P.S. That LaMichael guy isn't too shabby either... 8-)
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Jeremiah Heisoli

Post by gofightingducks »

It will be interesting who they publicize with a Heisman campaign. Most likely Masoli since he will be a senior but they may do like Texas Tech did last year and promote both Masoli and LMJ. I am almost certain LMJ will be Oregon's first Heisman winner.
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

gofightingducks wrote:It will be interesting who they publicize with a Heisman campaign. Most likely Masoli since he will be a senior but they may do like Texas Tech did last year and promote both Masoli and LMJ. I am almost certain LMJ will be Oregon's first Heisman winner.
Almost certain he will win the Heisman? :roll: First of all, there are way to many variables that you cannot take into account: other players on other teams, injuries, team success, sharing caries, etc. Further, this decade only one RB has one the Heisman. Also, voters are skeptical of stats that come from spread offenses (e.g. Graham Harrell). LMG will be our best bet, but I would say that its a far away from almost certain that he will.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think it is a stretch this early to say definitevly that LMJ wins the Heisman. Does he have the potential to absolutely. Oregon has had players in the past who had the potential to. I remember a few years back a guy by the name of Heman Ho Ching who was really good but then vanished as grades didnt work out for him. 2 years ago we had Dixon who certainly would have won it had he stayed healthy. So injuries are part of it as well. The other aspect is the team has to win and almost assuredly make it into a BCS game if not the championship game. Too many variables at this point to say will defnitely win it. You have to consider also in the same class as LMJ you will have Andrew Luck and Barkley.. just in the Pac 10. Barkley goes to USC and think he will probably get a heisman before his career done at USC because quite simply it is USC afterall.. We have the politics of not being USC Ohio State Texas.. Florida.. Oklahoma.. yada yada. I do think it is quite possible that if LMJ stays healthy we could see his name in record books all over Oregon's rushing records and possibly some of the Pac 10's records.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

uo2010 wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:It will be interesting who they publicize with a Heisman campaign. Most likely Masoli since he will be a senior but they may do like Texas Tech did last year and promote both Masoli and LMJ. I am almost certain LMJ will be Oregon's first Heisman winner.
Almost certain he will win the Heisman? :roll: First of all, there are way to many variables that you cannot take into account: other players on other teams, injuries, team success, sharing caries, etc. Further, this decade only one RB has one the Heisman. Also, voters are skeptical of stats that come from spread offenses (e.g. Graham Harrell). LMG will be our best bet, but I would say that its a far away from almost certain that he will.
I think our guys will also be fighting the mentality in some minds that they are system QBs and RBs.
Spokaneduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Spokaneduck »

I remember Ho Ching from when I was in school at U of O. He had a few other issues other than grades that prevented his success. Heisman or not, LMJ is right up there with DD and Onterrio Smith for players I enjoy watching most.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Herman Ho-Ching translates to "fumble" in some language.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:Herman Ho-Ching translates to "fumble" in every language.
Fixed ;)

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Both LMJ and Masoli will be on the short list next year. Masoli will probably get most of the pub though since he will be a senior.
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

Anyone else think it's sort of funny how a year can change things, last season everyone or at least most everyone was calling to bench Masoli. Now we are all talking possilbe heisman winner next season.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

addictedtoquack wrote:Anyone else think it's sort of funny how a year can change things, last season everyone or at least most everyone was calling to bench Masoli. Now we are all talking possilbe heisman winner next season.
You don't even need to go back to last season. After 3 games this season many people on here wanted Masoli axed.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:
addictedtoquack wrote:Anyone else think it's sort of funny how a year can change things, last season everyone or at least most everyone was calling to bench Masoli. Now we are all talking possilbe heisman winner next season.
You don't even need to go back to last season. After 3 games this season many people on here wanted Masoli axed.
No doubt. I will never understand the fans willingness to give up on Masoli. I can't ever remember having a really good starting QB that the fans almost dislike. Unless he's having Cal/SC type performances they are ready to bench him & bring in whoever else is there. I mean at every game, there's probably 10-15 people around me that either boo or scream for Masoli to "Pull his head out" after EVERY SINGLE incompletion. It's insanity. He's on the verge of taking us to a Rose Bowl & back to back 10 win seasons (I know Masoli haters, it has nothing to do with him. It's the players around him :roll: ) & theres a large group of fans that still arent sold on him & want Costa or DT to be our QB. Insanity I tell you.
DucklandicWarrior
One Star Recruit

Post by DucklandicWarrior »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:
Or go back a couple years--people were calling for DD's head at the end of 06, and in 07 he was the greatest qb to don an Oregon uniform.
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

Fans are fickle. That's why the back-up QB is usually the most popular spot on a roster. Jeremiah is a stud, period.