Bellotti to Notre Dame???

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Bellotti to Notre Dame???

Post by maxduck »

Found this list on another board. The author is recruiting expert Allen Wallace of SuperPrep Magazine, so he has access to some inside info.

Of course being on someones wish list doesn't mean there is mutual interest, and I'm sure the Irish fans want a higher profile coach, but still interesting.

http://www.wildwestsports.com/wMessage. ... &id=883405
I've been told these guys are in the process of being vetted or already have been by an Irish-hired search firm. Some surprises here in my opinion. Candidates are in no particular order.

1. Brian Kelly - he won't be chosen

2. Jim Harbaugh

3. Bob Stoops

4. Pat Fitzgerald

5. Kirk Ferentz

6. Mike Riley

7. Urban Meyer

8. Nick Saban

9. Chris Peterson

10. Gary Patterson

11. Paul Johnson

12. Mike Bellotti
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Bellotti to Notre Dame???

Post by gofightingducks »

Bellotti will stay at Oregon as the AD. He is not going anywhere.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Mike Riley? That would be hilarious. No way that ND is going to fire Charlie and bring in a moderately successful coach from a mid grade program. They need a big name and a proven track record. I feel sorry for whomever takes that job.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

I hate to say it, but I think Riley is a great coach. However, I think he would be a HORRIBLE fit for ND. He's way too nice, and I don't think he would want to stand up to the scrutiny.

That said, I would love to see him go, just so the Beavers can back to being a sub .500 team and become irrelevant again.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

If I remember correctly...they went after MB after they fired Willingham...and he turned them down, but I just don't see him coaching at Notre Dame...maybe it is just my own bias here...but Bellotti has become a duck...and hating Notre Dame seems to be synonymous with being a Duck! :lol:
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Riley has done an excellent job with Oregon State. Notre Dame could probably do better, but they could also do much worse.
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

Any one of us could have come up with that "insider" list. What a joke. That site has a history of being wildly wrong about almost everything.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

i do think that brian kelly at UC and Harbaugh at Stanford might show some serious interest.

BK has mentioned interest in that job more than once, and Harbaugh is an alum right? I know they are not established big time coaches but even notre dame would have trouble luring the stoops and meyers of the world.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Harbaugh went to Michigan. Not ND. I think they would want him cause of what he is doing at Stanford. JMO
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

pdxduck wrote:Any one of us could have come up with that "insider" list. What a joke. That site has a history of being wildly wrong about almost everything.
I'm sorry the linked site doesn't meet your rigorous standards but did you bother to notice who provided the list?

Allen Wallace, National Recruiting Editor: Allen Wallace grew up in Newport Beach, Calif., graduating Newport Harbor High in 1970. He enrolled at USC, then Loyola Law in 1974 and began practicing law in Los Angeles in 1977. After eight years of civil litigation practice, Allen founded the nationally-renowned SuperPrep magazine in June, 1985 and originated SuperPrep.com in August, 1996. Allen continues to publish SuperPrep magazine out of his Laguna Beach home. He was the original football recruiting columnist for USAToday.com and CNNSI.com before becoming national recruiting editor at Scout.com in October, 2003.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess he has access to more information than more than most of us on this board. Besides, as I thought I made clear, it is simply a starting point.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

maxduck wrote:
pdxduck wrote:Any one of us could have come up with that "insider" list. What a joke. That site has a history of being wildly wrong about almost everything.
I'm sorry the linked site doesn't meet your rigorous standards but did you bother to notice who provided the list?

Allen Wallace, National Recruiting Editor: Allen Wallace grew up in Newport Beach, Calif., graduating Newport Harbor High in 1970. He enrolled at USC, then Loyola Law in 1974 and began practicing law in Los Angeles in 1977. After eight years of civil litigation practice, Allen founded the nationally-renowned SuperPrep magazine in June, 1985 and originated SuperPrep.com in August, 1996. Allen continues to publish SuperPrep magazine out of his Laguna Beach home. He was the original football recruiting columnist for USAToday.com and CNNSI.com before becoming national recruiting editor at Scout.com in October, 2003.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess he has access to more information than more than most of us on this board. Besides, as I thought I made clear, it is simply a starting point.
Why do people have to take offense when someone makes a comment like this....he didn't say you were a jok...he said the column was a joke...no need to defend your article...thanks for the post, but I have to agree with Max, this is a pretty big list of pretty much anyone and everyone that ND might be interested in....also not surprised that MB and MR are on the list.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Hopefully ND will do us a favor and take Riley or Harbaugh, because either program goes back to the Pac 10 cellar without their coach IMO...
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

desertfan wrote:Hopefully ND will do us a favor and take Riley or Harbaugh, because either program goes back to the Pac 10 cellar without their coach IMO...
I would like to see Harbaugh go to ND or Michigan because they are a big threat to Oregon's future success. As far as Riley and Oregon State, I actually am glad they are a good team because it makes Oregon's wins over them better. I am not concerned about OSewe becoming better than Oregon like I am Stanford.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

He'll go to broadcasting before jumping into a coaching position again.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

desertfan wrote:Hopefully ND will do us a favor and take Riley or Harbaugh, because either program goes back to the Pac 10 cellar without their coach IMO...
To be honest, from that short list, I think Riley and Harbaugh are realistic targets for them.

And I agree, it would be nice to especially have Harbaugh out of this conference. I liked it better when Stanford was on the bottom.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13