Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Pac-12/Big 10/Big 12 Realignment

Post by DuckzRule »

A random dude from CBS is saying that Clemson somehow found a way to leave the ACC, but there's no confirmation on what conference they will join (the SEC or the Big Ten) and the move hasn't been finalized, either way, I won't trust anything until reliable people like Brett McMurphy or Pete Thamel report it.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Imo, finding out which ACC schools will join the Big Ten or the SEC is very tricky, since they probably have mutual interest.

Clemson would probably prefer the SEC (people say their academics are very low when compared to most members there), but many are saying Florida State (which isn't AAU yet) is indirectly involved in a Big Ten vs. SEC war, but we'll see how it turns out.

As for Miami, I'm sure they will be a package deal with FSU.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

The last three commissioners should be sued for not doing their jobs to benefit the PAC. THey were paid more money than most of us will ever see.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

rockthief wrote:The last three commissioners should be sued for not doing their jobs to benefit the PAC. THey were paid more money than most of us will ever see.
They were merely the servants of the school presidents. Most of us would take the job and the money. While the commissioners have a duty to advise the best they can, it’s the presidents who turned down the ESPN offer and told Kliafkof they were worth 40-50 million per school. It’s on them.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Reviving this thread for a bit.

Michigan regents supposedly wanted to make the school leave the Big Ten because of the punishments the school is receiving, which is extremely dumb, but people are saying it could happen.

Needless to say, I heavily doubt it
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

DuckzRule wrote:Reviving this thread for a bit.

Michigan regents supposedly wanted to make the school leave the Big Ten because of the punishments the school is receiving, which is extremely dumb, but people are saying it could happen.

Needless to say, I heavily doubt it
I'm sure that the Big Ten won't implode if Michigan somehow leaves, unless whatever conference that takes Michigan decides to poach more schools as well.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Wouldn't that be something. Michigan to join OSU and WSU in the new Pac
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

IMO, Michigan regents are just puffing out their chest after a worthless suspension on Jimmy the Weasel…… they are not going anywhere and I don’t believe Jimmy is not in contact with the sidelines or box…or both from his recliner.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

squintsdd wrote:Wouldn't that be something. Michigan to join OSU and WSU in the new Pac
If they do join the Pac 2 it would really help out their budget set aside for spying and stealing signals.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

UPDATE TO THIS DEAD THREAD: Florida State has added a board meeting for tomorrow to begin the process of leaving the ACC.

Plus the Beavs and Cougars will nearly completely join the WCC in non-football sports, with Oregon State becoming a baseball independent.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
squintsdd wrote:Wouldn't that be something. Michigan to join OSU and WSU in the new Pac
If they do join the Pac 2 it would really help out their budget set aside for spying and stealing signals.

They are joining the WCC, and going independent for football.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like all litigation involving the Pac-12 is over. All departing schools will forfeit a portion of this year's revenue.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

On another realignment-related note, I keep noticing a raised level of respect for Oregon now that they are joining the Big 10. Dare I hope that this will extend to future bowl assignments? It strikes me that USC, in trying to dodge Oregon's rise in prominence and relegate the Pac 12 to an also-ran conference, will actually benefit less from this move than Oregon will. When I think of all those USC fans that were so giddy and acting like their school was so big-time in comparison, only to have Oregon make the same move along with them and potentially use this move as a springboard to even more national contention - it just makes me laugh at the irony. USC is meeting their destiny on the road they took to avoid it. :lol:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Woof. Wonder how much revenue was given up. For being FCS programs masquerading as FBS programs for decades, Wazzu and OSU really made our like bandits.