Which jokes are ok?

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

wheaton4prez
Senior

Which jokes are ok?

Post by wheaton4prez »

Jokes about God are ok. But, a joke about Obama? CROSSING THE LINE!

Just want to clear this up for future reference. :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Which jokes are ok?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Hey joke about Obama all you want, but I don't want to create and tension or arguments so if I see people start going off topic arguing about a political remark, then I'll delete posts or lock threads.

Fair?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I wasn't meaning to direct this post at you. I had assumed that someone locked it because of EggheadSour's over-reaction.

However, since you mention it, I'm not sure that it really is fair that if a person makes a casual joke and someone goes postal over it, the entire thread gets locked. Maybe the person that is needlessly attacking others should have their post deleted and asked to keep it civil.

It was a one-line joke that could have been made by an Obama supporter or opposer alike. Allowing someone to dictate what can be said without closing threads over such a trivial comment makes this place tense in my view.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

wheaton4prez wrote:Jokes about God are ok. But, a joke about Obama? CROSSING THE LINE!

Just want to clear this up for future reference. :lol:
You mean the other way around? :lol:
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

wheaton4prez wrote:I wasn't meaning to direct this post at you. I had assumed that someone locked it because of EggheadSour's over-reaction.

However, since you mention it, I'm not sure that it really is fair that if a person makes a casual joke and someone goes postal over it, the entire thread gets locked. Maybe the person that is needlessly attacking others should have their post deleted and asked to keep it civil.

It was a one-line joke that could have been made by an Obama supporter or opposer alike. Allowing someone to dictate what can be said without closing threads over such a trivial comment makes this place tense in my view.
TK1,
While I would prefer to keep politics off the board as well, I have to agree with Wheaton on the precedent that is being set.....
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I demand that "liberalduck" be banned and all 38 threads that he has posted in be locked. The use of a political term in his nickname is just too much for me to bear. What is this? Moveon.org? ;)

Just kidding liberalduck. :D