Brandon Bair

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

picksix
Three Star Recruit

Brandon Bair

Post by picksix »

alot of people talking about Matthews not having a good game, but Bair is freakin outta control wth his head slaps. This is atleast 3 games now that i know of that he's gotten some personal fouls for doing this SH**!!!! Brandon, I don't care if your 6' 10" or wahyever ... find another technique against these O'lineman!! Your personal fouls are bullshit!!! GREAT WIN DUCKS!!!!!!
RuhlandAsherBestEver
Three Star Recruit

Re: Brandon Bair

Post by RuhlandAsherBestEver »

It's hands to the face and with him being so tall sometimes they just ride up but
you are right time to clean it up.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

From what I saw during the UW game, he starts low and the OL's smack his arms from underneath pushing his hands to their facemasks. Once the OL's realize it's something they can do the will all do it.

He's going to have to stay lower to the ground or something.
RuhlandAsherBestEver
Three Star Recruit

Post by RuhlandAsherBestEver »

NCDuck,

The family and I are headed your way the end of December is
there any must see items you would recommend in or around
Charlotte??
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I think 6' 7" is too tall for the interior line. This is bound to happen, especially with Bair not being a big dude. It could work on the outside because you usually speed rush around, but inside you're always battling one or two men straight up.
GO DUCKS!
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Charlotte is the home of NASCAR and in that vein you can do the Richard Petty Driving Experience. That's pretty cool because you ride shotgun in a stock car going about 165 MPH with a few cars on the track. Just saw that it's on sale. http://www.1800bepetty.com/Promos/Promo ... eholiday09

We have the Quali Hollow Country Club if you're into golf. Last December the we had temps in the 50's for highs. So don't rule that out.

Weather permitting, you could drive north a couple of hours and hike the Appalachian trail. Granted it's prettier when there are leaves on the trees. Also, a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway is nice and relaxing.

Indoors, you should check out a few places that serve Carolina BBQ. One that we like is Spoon's. There are a lot of great places though that you can find on google. Keep in mind that Carolina BBQ is pulled pork or chicken with a spicey vinegar sauce. Great stuff!

There are also a few museums like the mint museum and Discovery Place.

You may be able to find other things on the many travel sites out there. Have a great time!!!
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

picksix wrote:alot of people talking about Matthews not having a good game, but Bair is freakin outta control wth his head slaps. This is atleast 3 games now that i know of that he's gotten some personal fouls for doing this SH**!!!! Brandon, I don't care if your 6' 10" or wahyever ... find another technique against these O'lineman!! Your personal fouls are bullshit!!! GREAT WIN DUCKS!!!!!!
sheeesh calm down
ducklydoright
Two Star Recruit

Post by ducklydoright »

There have been good DT's in the past that were tall, such as Richard Seymour who is 6'6". I will say though that 6'7" is pretty tall for a DT, but IMO it's not so much his height that is giving him problems, but it's Brandon's technique. If you watch him he has a stance, I call it the bullfrog stance, that somewhat prevents him from firing out low and it's because of this that he is more likely to get his hands up around an opposing OLinemans face. In my opinion the reason they have Bair in the stance that they do is because they want him to use his long arms to get into the OL and control him before the OLineman has a chance to do the same. Regardless of the technique Bair is using, he needs to clean up the hands to the face because the refs seem to be keeping a very close eye on him and for some reason they always want to call it at the worst possible time for us.