Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Re: Grizzlies / Nuggets

Post by pistolpetejr »

Craig wrote:
duckyoubeavers wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Pippen likely gets sold for another 1st

Jones is an interesting rookie

2 1st and a rookie for Elliot seems decent at least and I doubt anyone else would have given up more since the trade market seems to have slowed a bit
i dont hate the value here but is pippen really worth a first?
Not if Elliot is barely worth a late one :lol:
Agreed on Pip not being worth a 1st. But he'd still net a small asset.
---

PistolPeteJR
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Me/nugs nearly completed a deal which would've been 76ers '00 + Lynch + Nets '01 fwiw.
Foxyg1396
Five Star Recruit
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Foxyg1396 »

Craig wrote:
duckyoubeavers wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Pippen likely gets sold for another 1st

Jones is an interesting rookie

2 1st and a rookie for Elliot seems decent at least and I doubt anyone else would have given up more since the trade market seems to have slowed a bit
i dont hate the value here but is pippen really worth a first?
Not if Elliot is barely worth a late one :lol:
You’re acting as if the only thing I got back was a late first
Foxyg1396
Five Star Recruit
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Foxyg1396 »

Dennis Scott got moved for basically nothing
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Me/nugs nearly completed a deal which would've been 76ers '00 + Lynch + Nets '01 fwiw.
Idk why you'd publicize this tbh.
---

PistolPeteJR
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

while I agree that gm's should exercise patience to extract as much value as possible, there is also the possibility that nobody would have ponied up the fair amount of resources for Elliot's value... I agree that foxy should've waited longer (especially since they are losing fine with him), but at some point before the deadline u gotta lower the value in order to extract something as opposed to losing him for nothing in FA.
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:Me/nugs nearly completed a deal which would've been 76ers '00 + Lynch + Nets '01 fwiw.
Idk why you'd publicize this tbh.
I'm a leaker!!!
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

I think I got a good deal (obviously) but surprised this deal gets the outrage given the history of contending players going for pennies on the dollar and rookie contracts given a lot of weight.

Dennis Scott for a bad contract to tank
Kevin Johnson for a 2nd
Digbeau for a “potential lotto 1st”

I don’t think it’s the right value for Elliott in a vacuum but contending pieces are cheap now since everyone is either rebuilding or don’t have any 1sts anymore :lol:
offtheheezy
Senior

Post by offtheheezy »

Also I disagree with the notion of “don’t move him then.” Nuggets have their 1st and are not a top lotto pick right now. Why waste a season to get like a mediocre #8. I personally would’ve moved my guys before season even started if I were rebuilding but Nuggets wanted to wait to see what sort of offers he could get. He gave the trade block a full week too so it’s not like he was quiet about moving him.

(I only offered post trade block, initial discussions were probably with the leaking nefarious Nets)
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

offtheheezy wrote:Also I disagree with the notion of “don’t move him then.” Nuggets have their 1st and are not a top lotto pick right now. Why waste a season to get like a mediocre #8. I personally would’ve moved my guys before season even started if I were rebuilding but Nuggets wanted to wait to see what sort of offers he could get. He gave the trade block a full week too so it’s not like he was quiet about moving him.

(I only offered post trade block, initial discussions were probably with the leaking nefarious Nets)
I agree with this point too. Improve your odds at top-3. You wait longer, you hurt your chances.
---

PistolPeteJR
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

2 late firsts and Pippen for the best scorer in the league? Not good for Nuggets.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:2 late firsts and Pippen for the best scorer in the league? Not good for Nuggets.
We all know his numbers are inflated being the only viable scorer (then GRob) on that team.

You can plug in a number of guys instead of him on that team and they’ll put those kind of numbers and better up.
---

PistolPeteJR
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:2 late firsts and Pippen for the best scorer in the league? Not good for Nuggets.
We all know his numbers are inflated being the only viable scorer (then GRob) on that team.

You can plug in a number of guys instead of him on that team and they’ll put those kind of numbers and better up.
False narrative.

He’s been putting up 21 ppg 7 rpg 4 app while shooting 40%+ most seasons from 3point line.

He’s done most of that as a 2nd or 3rd scoring option. He would be putting 25ppg+ on any team as a #1 option. This deal is trash.

offtheheezy
Senior

Post by offtheheezy »

FWIW, I don’t think Nuggets extracted good value out of Elliott either in a vacuum.

Any team steps up and clearly beat this offer I’m happy to cancel the deal :lol:. Already doing fine without it so don’t have strong feelings.

Or we can veto and banish the Nuggets into the mediocre lotto territory
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I don’t really care if it goes through, but we shouldn’t act like Elliott isn’t one of the best SF/SG in the league.