Grizzlies / Nuggets

Post Completed Trades Here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

JB
Three Star Recruit

Re: Grizzlies / Nuggets

Post by JB »

People often criticize teams when they go into tank mode for not getting enough when they blow it up, but in the long run it's almost always beneficial to sink to the bottom of the standings ASAP. Say the Nuggets sink to the fifth odds instead of eighth because of this, the value you get from that alone more than makes up for some extra back end first you maybe could have got later on, IMO.
Kings
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I don’t really care if it goes through, but we shouldn’t act like Elliott isn’t one of the best SF/SG in the league.
We’re not saying he’s trash.
But it’s not one or the other. There is a happy medium somewhere here, where it’s both inflated numbers + he’s legit.

One also has to consider the expiring contract as a hit against him too.
---

PistolPeteJR
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

Foxyg1396 wrote:
Craig wrote:
duckyoubeavers wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Pippen likely gets sold for another 1st

Jones is an interesting rookie

2 1st and a rookie for Elliot seems decent at least and I doubt anyone else would have given up more since the trade market seems to have slowed a bit
i dont hate the value here but is pippen really worth a first?
Not if Elliot is barely worth a late one :lol:
You’re acting as if the only thing I got back was a late first
I mean... :lol:
SUNS GM
Craig
Senior

Post by Craig »

Foxyg1396 wrote:Dennis Scott got moved for basically nothing
Yeah that was ridiculous lol
SUNS GM
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

JB wrote:People often criticize teams when they go into tank mode for not getting enough when they blow it up, but in the long run it's almost always beneficial to sink to the bottom of the standings ASAP. Say the Nuggets sink to the fifth odds instead of eighth because of this, the value you get from that alone more than makes up for some extra back end first you maybe could have got later on, IMO.
^ This!

Think of how great it is to finish with the worst record.....only for the Grizzlies to win the lotto again. :(
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
JB wrote:People often criticize teams when they go into tank mode for not getting enough when they blow it up, but in the long run it's almost always beneficial to sink to the bottom of the standings ASAP. Say the Nuggets sink to the fifth odds instead of eighth because of this, the value you get from that alone more than makes up for some extra back end first you maybe could have got later on, IMO.
^ This!

Think of how great it is to finish with the worst record.....only for the Grizzlies to win the lotto again. :(
:lol:

Let's be honest the lotto is like 90% of what determines the speed of a rebuild. Like when Suns got Shaq from like #13 and when I moved up to take Dirk so I could trade Kobe for a king's ransom :lol:
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

I don't like the value, but we've had plenty of bad value trades in the past. And maybe I'm wrong, maybe Jones breaks out despite his low potential, maybe someone really loves Pippen and is desperate enough to send a 1st.
Hornets GM
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Cellar-door wrote:I don't like the value, but we've had plenty of bad value trades in the past. And maybe I'm wrong, maybe Jones breaks out despite his low potential, maybe someone really loves Pippen and is desperate enough to send a 1st.
Correct. This only turned into 3pg thread because:

1. heezy/foxy trying to justify the rationale of the trade
2. insurrectionists illogically defending heezy/foxy
3. people with common sense calling out #1 + #2
4. dd10 leaking private conversations
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:I don't like the value, but we've had plenty of bad value trades in the past. And maybe I'm wrong, maybe Jones breaks out despite his low potential, maybe someone really loves Pippen and is desperate enough to send a 1st.
Correct. This only turned into 3pg thread because:

1. heezy/foxy trying to justify the rationale of the trade
2. insurrectionists illogically defending heezy/foxy
3. people with common sense calling out #1 + #2
4. dd10 leaking private conversations

Like I said, anyone care to step up and beat the offer I will gladly cancel the trade on behalf of the Nuggets.

Heat can offer Hill + Rice + 1st, I'll gladly step aside.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

offtheheezy wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:
^ This!

Let's be honest the lotto is like 90% of what determines the speed of a rebuild. Like when Suns got Shaq from like #13 and when I moved up to take Dirk so I could trade Kobe for a king's ransom :lol:
100%

If I had gotten: 1, 2 and 8, which was possible, I could have Dirk and Pierce and Al Harrington and been in a totally different position.

But, by having the worst record at least I only fell to 5 with my best pick. Nuggets moving down likely locks them in to a top 6 pick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I don’t really care if it goes through, but we shouldn’t act like Elliott isn’t one of the best SF/SG in the league.
We’re not saying he’s trash.
But it’s not one or the other. There is a happy medium somewhere here, where it’s both inflated numbers + he’s legit.

One also has to consider the expiring contract as a hit against him too.
I'm not saying you're saying he's trash. This trade is trash. And he's one of the best scorers in the league (in addition to being a great rebounder and great passer).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Done
Craig
Senior

Post by Craig »

We're all playing for 2nd :lol:
SUNS GM
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Craig wrote:
Foxyg1396 wrote:Dennis Scott got moved for basically nothing
Yeah that was ridiculous lol
This is why I didn’t want Elliot and 2 late 1sts for Gill…

And your complaining about being robbed for 3 well 4 1st for Gill…

I’m not on Nuggets side on this, in season value is always terrible reason I deal in the off season.

But Scott was on the block for two seasons. Best offer I got was Scott and a 1st for cap space. But I didn’t need cap space. Was trying to see his value.

And yeah if competing was my intention in 2 to 3 seasons but I’m there at 2003 draft with a war chest of assets…

I never planned to sign Divac. I’m fine with rookie maxs. From 1.0,I don’t do second max deals. Reason. Cartwright was dealt for nothing
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

And if you got a problem with the way I tanked, I’m just following the rules. I haven’t tried to cut Sasha…

All you gotta do is change the rules. I’m always up for a tougher league. Since day 1