1998 Playoffs Round 2 (Games 1-3)

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Re: 1998 Playoffs Round 2 (Games 1-3)

Post by Zyme »

Dam, that's suboptimal.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
duckyoubeavers
Sophomore
GM: Toronto Raptors GM

Post by duckyoubeavers »

very not great. dropped a couple close ones at home, then played lights out offensively on the road. ill give myself a 40% chance to pull this out
Raptors GM
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Okay stole home court good, just need to close it out now hopefully.

Didn’t expect the Pistons to be up nor for the Suns to be up 3-0 wow
---

PistolPeteJR
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

pistolpetejr wrote:Okay stole home court good, just need to close it out now hopefully.

Didn’t expect the Pistons to be up nor for the Suns to be up 3-0 wow
Suns are way better, got good synergy. I have no idea what's wrong with my squad, looks good on paper...think we're lacking a good guard, unfortunate Hersey/MJ combo couldn't work.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think Hersey just got too old sadly
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

How much of a factor does age play? His ratings haven't dropped at all since I took over the team, except for his potential.
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Goose! wrote:How much of a factor does age play? His ratings haven't dropped at all since I took over the team, except for his potential.
Thing is, his letter ratings might not have dropped, but that doesn't mean his numerical ratings haven't.

Also, some players just take more shots than others. For example, and I don't know if this is true or not so you'll have to go and check: perhaps Outlaw takes more shots than Bodiroga did when you used to play Zo-Gugs-Bodiroga-Hawkins.
---

PistolPeteJR
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

pistolpetejr wrote:
Goose! wrote:How much of a factor does age play? His ratings haven't dropped at all since I took over the team, except for his potential.
Thing is, his letter ratings might not have dropped, but that doesn't mean his numerical ratings haven't.

Also, some players just take more shots than others. For example, and I don't know if this is true or not so you'll have to go and check: perhaps Outlaw takes more shots than Bodiroga did when you used to play Zo-Gugs-Bodiroga-Hawkins.
True. I only played that lineup 'cause was Bo was injured for a bit, but he's definitely taking the ball away from Zo and Hersey. But I didn't have Bo last season, and Hersey was my #1 scoring option putting up 16ppg. Look at Googs, who's not been in top 3 options, has been putting up 20ppg this season and last. Maybe lukey is right, it's age...32 is not old in the real world though, but maybe in fbb. I still think he could do good in a fast-outside line up.
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Goose! wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:

True. I only played that lineup 'cause was Bo was injured for a bit, but he's definitely taking the ball away from Zo and Hersey. But I didn't have Bo last season, and Hersey was my #1 scoring option putting up 16ppg. Look at Googs, who's not been in top 3 options, has been putting up 20ppg this season and last. Maybe lukey is right, it's age...32 is not old in the real world though, but maybe in fbb. I still think he could do good in a fast-outside line up.
Definitely related to decline as well, that's for sure. But I think it's a blend of decline + player tendencies (that is to say, Gugs + Bo take away FGAs).
---

PistolPeteJR
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think it's just an FBB thing

I had Byron Scott who went from 25ppg to 16ppg but ran the same offense both years but aged 33 to age 34 he took a massive dip in production. Hakeem as well on the Cavs

Look at MJ's splits per season too.