Clippers/Spurs

Post Completed Trades Here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Clippers/Spurs

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Rider is expiring right? And I think Clarence being expiring reduces his trade value too.
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Goose! wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Goose! wrote:Not much of a market for Googs as mentioned prior. I’m only going with Clips offer because Clarence is an expiring, and while Isaiah has a longer contract than I like, it isn’t as expensive/long as some of the other contracts offered by other teams.Definitely not a good offer, but at least it satisfies a couple of things that other offers I’ve received didn’t have. I also wanted to get rid of Googs/Bo before the season started so that we don’t win as much.

Ok if it gets voided if people aren’t happy.
So you're saying no one would offer expirings and a 1st for Gugs and no one would offer expirings and a 1st for Bo?

I have a hard time seeing that.
Yes, all 3 or 4 offers I got for Googs had no expirings. Some long, some not so long, expensive contracts. I reached out to a few teams like the Jazz and Pacers for a expiring + pick for Googs, but they had no interest.
Bo did have expirings and picks, which I wanted to do, but pete wouldn’t trade for Googs without Bo. So I was backed in to a corner with that.
Jabba hit the nail on the head I think yesterday in the FA thread. Most GMs haven't been wanting to move anything of value the last 2 seasons or so. It's ridiculous.

I think part of the reason for it (idk to what extend, just speculating) is a bunch of GMs deciding they want to rebuild now so that in 03 when the draft becomes super juicy again, they'll be contenders, knowing that a ton of teams will be tanking then and it'll take the likes of LeBron, Wade, Melo, etc., a few seasons to really develop.

Not to mention that it's hard for teams to really contend now when you've got trades like Spree + 5 1sts for Kobe. ;)
---

PistolPeteJR
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Rider is expiring right? And I think Clarence being expiring reduces his trade value too.
Rider's got 3 more seasons.
---

PistolPeteJR
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:Rider is expiring right? And I think Clarence being expiring reduces his trade value too.
right, that's what I meant... so he didn't get the expiring he was looking for and didn't get any youth/picks either.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Make the rich richer. Punish worst team in the league to receive the 6th pick.

Let's all be progressive in real life but not in sim leagues. The separation of sim leagues and life is disheartening.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:
right, that's what I meant... so he didn't get the expiring he was looking for and didn't get any youth/picks either.
Clarence cancels out Googs contract. While I would’ve preferred another expiring for Bo, Rider’s contract is not as long nor expensive as some of the others that were offered. Obviously picks and expirings would’ve been ideal, but given what was offered I was offered for Googs I was prioritizing cap space more.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Goose! wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:
Clarence cancels out Googs contract. While I would’ve preferred another expiring for Bo, Rider’s contract is not as long nor expensive as some of the others that were offered. Obviously picks and expirings would’ve been ideal, but given what was offered I was offered for Googs I was prioritizing cap space more.
I see contradictions in the prioritization of what u were trying to accomplish. Googs is not a bad contract b/c he is 1st team all league. The only potential justification for the contradiction is that Rider/Clarence will get you the value u wanted for Googs/Bo, but that's not possible.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah Googs doesn’t need to be salary dumped. It’s just not a great trade at all with no assets coming back. Even the clippers 1st would be something and not a huge ask with their roster since they are a playoff lock at minimum
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Should be able to get an expiring and pick for each player.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Boom wrote:Should be able to get an expiring and pick for each player.
Who would do that though? Spurs have already showed you can wear him down and not give up anything
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Boom wrote:Should be able to get an expiring and pick for each player.
Who would do that though? Spurs have already showed you can wear him down and not give up anything
Wear who down? Googs or spurs gm?
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Make the rich richer. Punish worst team in the league to receive the 6th pick.

Let's all be progressive in real life but not in sim leagues. The separation of sim leagues and life is disheartening.
Goes back to the same thing. You say the bad teams are punished yet GMs are still actively making the rich richer by giving away their good players for jack s*** because of the 'benefits' of being bad (which you're claiming don't exist). Which is it?

This is literally just a gift to Clipps lol
SUNS GM
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
Goose! wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Goose! wrote:Not much of a market for Googs as mentioned prior. I’m only going with Clips offer because Clarence is an expiring, and while Isaiah has a longer contract than I like, it isn’t as expensive/long as some of the other contracts offered by other teams.Definitely not a good offer, but at least it satisfies a couple of things that other offers I’ve received didn’t have. I also wanted to get rid of Googs/Bo before the season started so that we don’t win as much.

Ok if it gets voided if people aren’t happy.
So you're saying no one would offer expirings and a 1st for Gugs and no one would offer expirings and a 1st for Bo?

I have a hard time seeing that.
Yes, all 3 or 4 offers I got for Googs had no expirings. Some long, some not so long, expensive contracts. I reached out to a few teams like the Jazz and Pacers for a expiring + pick for Googs, but they had no interest.
Bo did have expirings and picks, which I wanted to do, but pete wouldn’t trade for Googs without Bo. So I was backed in to a corner with that.
Jerome Lane went for 4 picks last year and he is on the same level as Googs (just older). I have hard time believing you couldn't get half of what Lakers got for lane.
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Y’all have a hard time yet he’s set it multiple times by now and y’all didn’t offer. Move on.
---

PistolPeteJR
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'm not one to often vote Veto, but to get none of:

- picks
- prospects
- expiring

I feel like at least one of those should happen otherwise why not just keep the 1st team all league guy