Bullets trade:
Thomas Hamilton
Mitch Richmond (tradeback)
2002 unprotected first round pick

Hornets trade:
Vitaly Potapenko
Walt Williams
Chris Carr (tradeback)

Accept. Gives me a clear starting option at the 3 and allows me to re-acquire Richmond with some extra guys that won't see any minutes.
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Re: Bullets / Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Agree
Potapenko puts up solid volume numbers but I like Wright better and paying both would probably be a mistake.
Williams is still good, but he's a win now player who is going to be overpaid soon if he isn't already.
1st in what should be a solid draft and no multi year salary back made sense
Hornets GM
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

I've got this as a steal for Charlotte. Walt probably helps the Bullets some since they're having trouble scoring, but he's not on a great contract so the 1st being unprotected that far out seems like a lot. Even then, if Doleac, Pervis, and Vitaly are just gonna take all the shots (and miss them) then Walt doesn't get his looks. Just getting expiring would be positive value I'd say. Plus I have Hamilton > Potapenko and they also gotta voluntarily go 30 days with Beric starting at SG. I dunno this makes more sense if there are not-insignificant protections on that pick.
SUNS GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

GoBeavs wrote:Bullets trade:
Thomas Hamilton

Hornets trade:
Vitaly Potapenko
Walt Williams
Chris Carr (tradeback)

Accept. Gives me a clear starting option at the 3 and allows me to re-acquire Richmond with some extra guys that won't see any minutes.
Didn't need to include Carr in the deal so I didnt trade him

Done
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Craig wrote:I've got this as a steal for Charlotte. Walt probably helps the Bullets some since they're having trouble scoring, but he's not on a great contract so the 1st being unprotected that far out seems like a lot. Even then, if Doleac, Pervis, and Vitaly are just gonna take all the shots (and miss them) then Walt doesn't get his looks. Just getting expiring would be positive value I'd say. Plus I have Hamilton > Potapenko and they also gotta voluntarily go 30 days with Beric starting at SG. I dunno this makes more sense if there are not-insignificant protections on that pick.
Yeah, Juwan would probably be the better PF. But he’s adding a SF. Maybe he can start Walt for 30 days and go inside.

Overall, if Bullets competing until 03, I don’t see a problem with it. Maybe a 10-20 pick
Cellar-door
Senior

Post by Cellar-door »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
GoBeavs wrote:Bullets trade:
Thomas Hamilton

Hornets trade:
Vitaly Potapenko
Walt Williams
Chris Carr (tradeback)

Didn't need to include Carr in the deal so I didnt trade him

Done
Carr was actually added because Bullets need someone to play backup SG for the 3 days until Richmond can return.
Hornets GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Bullets needed a cut to make that happen though and didnt indicate anyone to cut
Cellar-door
Senior

Post by Cellar-door »

okay,

If he decides he needs Carr we can work out something for one of his cheap expiring guys and I'll just cut that guy
Hornets GM
GoBeavs
One Star Recruit

Post by GoBeavs »

I'd rather not cut anyone actually, fine for the deal to go through without Carr.