Accept.
---

PistolPeteJR
GoBeavs
One Star Recruit

Re: Clips/Bullets

Post by GoBeavs »

Accept.

Anderson's having a rough year (by his standards), so Rose isn't looking like too drastic of a downgrade.

Gugliotta's a stud, I think he's worth the extra picks, plus I get to dump Walt's terrible contract.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Huh?

Why are the bullets giving up a pick here
GoBeavs
One Star Recruit

Post by GoBeavs »

Probably something to do with the fact that I'm pretty new and have had a tough time gauging the value of picks in trades. If I get fleeced here and that's what it takes for me to learn, so be it. Don't want to bother people for help constantly when I should be learning these things.

Heads up yall, attack me for my firsts
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

GoBeavs wrote:Probably something to do with the fact that I'm pretty new and have had a tough time gauging the value of picks in trades. If I get fleeced here and that's what it takes for me to learn, so be it. Don't want to bother people for help constantly when I should be learning these things.

Heads up yall, attack me for my firsts
this is a respectful approach. *applause*

and lol at the last statement.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

off the top of my head, this seems like a pretty even trade....
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

The value of the players being exchanged are pretty even so, ya, it probably should've excluded the pick.
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

Probably should have gotten protection on the pick, but it's not terrible, just a bit of an overpay.
I bet Clips would have taken this deal with top 4 protection.
Hornets GM
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Hank Gathers + Jalen Rose for Kenny Anderson + Antonio McDyess. Masterclass :lol:
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

wow, kenny anderson is the actual best PG in the league memes aside. And the Gug contract and Rose contract are negative value in my book. Plus clips get a pick. I knew someone would bail the Clips out but damn, not like this. GGs
Kings
GoBeavs
One Star Recruit

Post by GoBeavs »

Cellar-door wrote:Probably should have gotten protection on the pick, but it's not terrible, just a bit of an overpay.
I bet Clips would have taken this deal with top 4 protection.
This makes a lot of sense, I'd push for a protected pick in retrospect. I don't think Clips do the trade without a pick, could be wrong though. Thanks for the advice all!
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Maybe I'm too high on Kenny Anderson after I tried to acquire him a season ago -- didn't have the assets to do it this year.

Only confusion is that the Bullets traded away their future 1sts unprotected and then sent away their best player. Shades of the Nuggets' Barkley trade long time ago.
GoBeavs
One Star Recruit

Post by GoBeavs »

JB wrote:wow, kenny anderson is the actual best PG in the league memes aside. And the Gug contract and Rose contract are negative value in my book. Plus clips get a pick. I knew someone would bail the Clips out but damn, not like this. GGs
I am curious what gives you these impressions?

KA has never led the league in assists, and despite being a great defender he's quite small so I'm sure shooters he's guarding put up decent efficiency even if the shot is contested well.

Hard disagree on Gug and Rose contracts, I get Gugliotta for roughly the same price as Walt and we all know who the better player is there. Rose isn't amazing but isn't bad either and I think his contract is pretty reasonable. KA is having an off year, but his numbers currently are no better than Rose's.

The pick was awful on my part, as I've learned.
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

GoBeavs wrote:
JB wrote:wow, kenny anderson is the actual best PG in the league memes aside. And the Gug contract and Rose contract are negative value in my book. Plus clips get a pick. I knew someone would bail the Clips out but damn, not like this. GGs
I am curious what gives you these impressions?

KA has never led the league in assists, and despite being a great defender he's quite small so I'm sure shooters he's guarding put up decent efficiency even if the shot is contested well.

Hard disagree on Gug and Rose contracts, I get Gugliotta for roughly the same price as Walt and we all know who the better player is there. Rose isn't amazing but isn't bad either and I think his contract is pretty reasonable. KA is having an off year, but his numbers currently are no better than Rose's.

The pick was awful on my part, as I've learned.
This is all my opinion which is fine to disagree with. But Gug just has not great ratings. His production is good sure, but B C+ is extremely suspect scoring for a max guy and he's aging, so it's possible he falls off a cliff really, really soon and that contract becomes a death sentence. Rose I just flat out don't think is very good. Never thought he was. I think he's one of the things holding the Clips back. Like he's okay, but he's overpaid. Better options out there. I wouldn't trade for either of them.

I think ratings wise, KA is a standout. For example Nets have been saying Cassell tops Kidd as the best PG in the league.

Cassell: C+ B+ C+ B+ D+
Kidd: C+ A- A A- D+
Anderson: B- A- A A+ D

He just looks way better. And believe me I know ratings aren't everything, but the B- A- scoring is so sweet and so rare for PGs here. I said earlier but I think if I got my hands on Anderson and let him run first option, very fast, outside, he would absolutely cook. I'm new still and I'm not familiar with how everyone runs their teams, but that's just my two cents. I think he's the best on paper PG in the league by a decent margin.
Kings
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

cassell > KA/Kidd

Cassell is probably on the cusp of each attribute so I'd guess he's really something like B- A- B- A- _ _

what a stud