Duck Reaper Storms Beaver Nation

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Duck Reaper Storms Beaver Nation

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Okay, which one of you did this?!!!!! :lol: :lol: All in good fun!!!

http://kezi.com/news/local/150240
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Duck Reaper Storms Beaver Nation

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

That is awesome. I'm surprised at how confident beevur fans are, did they already forget last year?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:That is awesome. I'm surprised at how confident beevur fans are, did they already forget last year?
They always seem to. To them, it's like they won the NC last year and we're just gum on their shoe. They never seem to look at their own failures over the years. They wear their jealousy well, don't they?
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

I like when the rivalry brings about constructive and fun bickering or pranks.
gosterman01
Three Star Recruit

Post by gosterman01 »

I hope crap like this doesn't jinx us!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

A couple of notes I would like to point out. First off in regards to the Beavers forgetting about last year I think iffff are a beaver you have to forget about it. Just like the Ducks had to forget about what took place down in the desert the last 2x the Ducks played Zona down there. You can not dwell on the past and have to have confidence about your team. The ducks also can not say look what we did to you last year and think this will play out the same just cause it did last year. They didnt have the rodgers healthy for the game so that is a huge difference. Do not get me wrong.. I fully believe the Ducks will win. I think in the 4th quarter the ducks will truly RUN away from them.

As far as jinxing us.. do you really think that if the Ducks lose it will be because they did this. This will have nothing to do with winning or losing. I would not be surprised if some point during the next week the Beavers will do something in Duck Country. No idea what but it goes with the rivalry especially with what is riding on it.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:That is awesome. I'm surprised at how confident beevur fans are, did they already forget last year?
Earlier this season they probably wouldn't have been so confident. But, they have had a couple of solid performances all of a sudden. So, I think they do have some reason to believe that they've improved.

Still think we've got em by 10-14 points.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:A couple of notes I would like to point out. First off in regards to the Beavers forgetting about last year I think iffff are a beaver you have to forget about it. Just like the Ducks had to forget about what took place down in the desert the last 2x the Ducks played Zona down there. You can not dwell on the past and have to have confidence about your team. The ducks also can not say look what we did to you last year and think this will play out the same just cause it did last year. They didnt have the rodgers healthy for the game so that is a huge difference. Do not get me wrong.. I fully believe the Ducks will win. I think in the 4th quarter the ducks will truly RUN away from them.

As far as jinxing us.. do you really think that if the Ducks lose it will be because they did this. This will have nothing to do with winning or losing. I would not be surprised if some point during the next week the Beavers will do something in Duck Country. No idea what but it goes with the rivalry especially with what is riding on it.
I hate the Beavers as much as anyone, but alot of people are overlooking the fact about how great this is for the STATE of Oregon. USC's not in it this year. That is a huge accomplishment.

I don't think that Chip will overlook anything for preparation and the team just had a very hard lesson in the desert if things aren't clicking. Exciting games can be fun, but only if you end up winning. The players know they had a lot of luck for that game and I don't think they'll soon forget it. The biggest thing in our favor this year is the CW is at home. I fully expect them at mach 1 speed when they return from Thanksgiving. I'll be glued to the updates & anxious. Can't wait!!!!
RuhlandAsherBestEver
Three Star Recruit

Post by RuhlandAsherBestEver »

I love this week every year my buddy and I taunt each other
all week with tidbits of info about our teams. Gonna be a GREAT
GAME.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Putting the Duck flag on my car now in order to drive around town and taunt the Beaver fans without saying a word. I LOVE it when they give me crap. Hehehehehehe!!!! I've had them try to rip my flag off. I would never do that to anybody, but they seem to have no boundaries.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

This is "Old School" taunting... Similar to painting the O on Skinner's Butte Orange, or lighting the Morrison Bridge.

Fans used to do this sort of thing all the time.

Of course there have been incidents of brawls and other unacceptable behavior as well.

Let's hope this remains in a good natured vein.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

wheaton4prez wrote:
Earlier this season they probably wouldn't have been so confident. But, they have had a couple of solid performances all of a sudden. So, I think they do have some reason to believe that they've improved.

What's funny about that is their great performances have come against UW & Wazzu. And they barely pulled out a win against ucla at home a couple weeks before that. Their one good win was on the road against a Cal team that had given up on the season. They will have to play the game of their lives if they want to come into Autzen & even challenge us.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

woundedknees wrote:This is "Old School" taunting... Similar to painting the O on Skinner's Butte Orange, or lighting the Morrison Bridge.

Fans used to do this sort of thing all the time.

Of course there have been incidents of brawls and other unacceptable behavior as well.

Let's hope this remains in a good natured vein.
They used to have good old fashioned kidnappings too. What has happened to this day and age where we can't recognize the good fun in a kidnapping? ;)
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:

What's funny about that is their great performances have come against UW & Wazzu. And they barely pulled out a win against ucla at home a couple weeks before that. Their one good win was on the road against a Cal team that had given up on the season. They will have to play the game of their lives if they want to come into Autzen & even challenge us.
Yeah. Doesn't seem to pan out as well as our resume. But, enough not to look past them. They have established an identity on offense behind Canfield.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

This is going to be such an intense game I am predicting brawls braking out all over the place. I am not condoning or hoping for this I can just see it happening. The losing team is going to have the most irate fans ever. It already feels intense and there is over a week to go!!

GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!