"Play Blount" Petition / Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

AnarchistDuck
One Star Recruit

"Play Blount" Petition / Thread

Post by AnarchistDuck »

Sign below if you'd like to see him play in the Civil War!!
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Re: "Play Blount" Petition / Thread

Post by echo31 »

Only if we get down to the 5th RB on the depth chart. If he hasn't earned it, then he shouldn't be played "just because". There are 4 other RBs that didn't make asses of themselves and their school on national TV.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

As long as the ducks win, I could care less if he plays. We have been fine without Blount anyway.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

echo31 wrote:Only if we get down to the 5th RB on the depth chart. If he hasn't earned it, then he shouldn't be played "just because". There are 4 other RBs that didn't make asses of themselves and their school on national TV.
Exactly. He's still coming back from PUNISHMENT. People seem to be forgetting that. There's four other RBs that didn't punch someone & have been working their tales off with the team all season. So punish them because Blount is back? No way.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

duckgrad99 wrote:As long as the ducks win, I could care less if he plays. We have been fine without Blount anyway.
Indeed. He is not entitled to anything. If he hasn't worked his way above Alston and Crenshaw on the depth chart yet, then he probably wouldn't play well anyway.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

well this thread didn't go the way you intended it
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

ducksin2010 wrote:well this thread didn't go the way you intended it
:lol: that happens a lot around here....not sure what a petition would do anyway...seems kinda sillly :roll:
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

He already been rewarded for his efforts he is back on the team, time to let kelly decide if he plays, if he earns the playing time then kelly will play him otherwise he doesn't, its not brain surgery.
ducklydoright
Two Star Recruit

Post by ducklydoright »

I don't get some of these people and I sure as heck don't get their rationale for why Blount should get in the game over the other players that didn't have to jump through hoop after hoop to get back on the team. I personally would rather see LMJ get the carries, even if Blount had never been suspended from the team, because LMJ is much better suited for this offense and he has proven it on the field. I would take a healthy Barner right now over Blount as well, because like LMJ he is a perfect fit for this offense. I will say though that I think the coaches have something up their sleeve with Blount for the Civil War and we will see if my prediction comes true.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

Well I'm not gonna lie, I'd be down with seeing XXLGB get a carry or two.
AnarchistDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by AnarchistDuck »

My rationale is simply that Blount has paid the price and this game represents his last chance to make an impression on the NFL, other than the combine. He is a senior and this is his last game. LMJ, Barner, Alson and Crenshaw have already been rewarded for their outstanding service. But Blount has paid his price and should now be given a chance--his final chance--to play.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

AnarchistDuck wrote:My rationale is simply that Blount has paid the price and this game represents his last chance to make an impression on the NFL, other than the combine. He is a senior and this is his last game. LMJ, Barner, Alson and Crenshaw have already been rewarded for their outstanding service. But Blount has paid his price and should now be given a chance--his final chance--to play.
What about all the seniors that won't get a chance to play even though they worked their asses off? And they didn't make our program look terrible, and they also have been working here for four years instead of two? Why not a petition for them?
Spokaneduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Spokaneduck »

If it is not broke, don't try and fix it. We have a freshman stud tearing up defenses right now, solid backups and a quarterback who can hold his own. I don't see a need to play Blount. If the game situation calls for it and the coaches put him in then so be it. I don't hate Blount. I don't know Blount. I do know he made an a** of himself and the university on national tv. I am not in any hurry to rush him on the field and potentially mess with the team chemistry.

On another note, I was thinking about what James has accomplished this year. Pac-10 freshman rushing record! Think of the long list of great running backs to come through this conference. Sure not all of them played or started as freshman, but Simpson, Marcus Allen, Bush... We have a stud and I am looking forward to the next 4 BCS bowls he stars in.
goyellowgreen
Two Star Recruit

Post by goyellowgreen »

i'm with you, AnarchistDuck!! i'm sorry, but Crenshaw lost yards both times he had the ball....many times, he is ineffective. Blount can push that pile like no one else, and he is a hell of a blocker. I'm not saying i want ANYTHING taken away from Lamichael, but when he takes a breather, it'd be awesome to get Blount in there. and yeah, there are only two more games left. it seems cruel to have brought him back only to make him ride the pine.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Thats kelly decision, His RB depth is James-Barner-Crenshaw-Alston-Blount, Thats it or unless Barner isnt 100% then Its likely to see Crenshaw/Alston roate alot in Barner's postion when James get rest for few down. If Kelly feel like those 4 RB got enough carries, he will turn to Blount and let him get some too.