"Play Blount" Petition / Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: "Play Blount" Petition / Thread

Post by pudgejeff »

wheaton4prez wrote:Good points. I don't think the "earn it" argument stands up to scrutiny. Blount, by all accounts, played hard for the scout team during a time when he didn't have the carrot of playing time in front of him. That sounds like earning something to me. Playing well on the scout team was how James and Barner earned their opportunities.

That's why I have to go back to my theory that something else is going on that we don't know about. Shape, grades, class attendance or something.
I agree or that it was actually the lawyers that got him back on the team and Chip didn't really want to
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

pudgejeff wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:Good points. I don't think the "earn it" argument stands up to scrutiny. Blount, by all accounts, played hard for the scout team during a time when he didn't have the carrot of playing time in front of him. That sounds like earning something to me. Playing well on the scout team was how James and Barner earned their opportunities.

That's why I have to go back to my theory that something else is going on that we don't know about. Shape, grades, class attendance or something.
I agree or that it was actually the lawyers that got him back on the team and Chip didn't really want to
Someone would have said something to a hometown paper if it had been a legal thing...imo

I think that the real issue is CK not wanting to mess with what has been working until he can actually implement a good plan...this game will be the first real chance he will have had to tweak our offense, and use Blount in the Game Plan...just using him to get him playing time is dumb...he needs to be used to help get a victory.....I think we see him this week...
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

It's senior day.. I hope Blount is in the 2-deep.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

MerDuck wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

Someone would have said something to a hometown paper if it had been a legal thing...imo

I think that the real issue is CK not wanting to mess with what has been working until he can actually implement a good plan...this game will be the first real chance he will have had to tweak our offense, and use Blount in the Game Plan...just using him to get him playing time is dumb...he needs to be used to help get a victory.....I think we see him this week...
Just to play devils advocate, Blount scored 17 TDs last season. So, don't we already have packages Blount can run that are proven to be effective?
ducklydoright
Two Star Recruit

Post by ducklydoright »

Yes Blount has paid his dues, but that doesn't mean that he should automatically play. If I had a choice, which I don't and neither do you guys, I would put my RB rotation as follows: LMJ, Barner, Blount, Alston, Crenshaw. As I said above, I think LMJ and Barner are much better suited for this offense, because they have the acceleration to hit the hole quickly and make people miss once they get to the 2nd level. The problem with Blount, as it pertains to this offense, is that he takes a little bit to get going, especially since we often times don't line our RB's up in a way that would allow them to gain some momentum and start running down hill before they get the handoff. That is why when it comes down to who is better in the short yardage situations I think it is a toss up between LMJ and Blount and I would still say that even if Blount had never been suspended. The reason I say that is because Blount has the size to move the pile and run people over when necessary, but his lack of quickness and acceleration gives opposing teams time to rally to the ball and keep Blount from getting the 1st down/TD. In LMJ's case he is so quick and explosive that he is often able to get to the 1st down/TD before opposing teams are able to get a solid hit on him. The downside to LMJ in short yardage is that he is small and although he has done a remarkable job of breaking tackles this year, the chances of him pushing a pile of 2+ guys is not very good. If I had to pick one or the other I would have to go with LMJ, because throughout the season it has been LMJ getting the majority of carries and if we are in a key short yardage situation in the Civil War I would feel much more confident in the player that doesn't have to shake off any rust and whom we know is on the same page as Masoli,
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

It's up to Chip if he plays or not. Personally, I'd just as soon that he stayed out. He looked really slow at Boise State and James and Barner are much quicker, faster backs.

Also, if he does get in a game he's going to be taunted BIG time by opposing players. These guys will be trying to get a reaction out of him and, if they did, and he caused trouble again, the backlash would be HUGE against the entire university from the president all the way down to Kelly.

I really think it would be a bad move. There are only two games left. Let Blount ride the bench.

Some NFL team will take a chance and draft him.
John 3:36
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

wiseforexinvestor wrote:Sorry AnarchistDuck, you should have checked with me first, I could have told you that you would have a bunch of "know it all" "in Chip we trust" blind fans shoot you down. I have been fighting this war even before he was officially suspended. Hold your head up high and know that you are doing the right thing sticking up for Blount who was a complete victim of the media and and over reactant coach.

Rejects like Echo and the gang are too blind to realize that Blount was only one person who had a bad game at Boise and yet he has been scape goated as the reason we lost. News Flash!!!! Masoli played terrible, who knows what would have happened if that tool Hout would have come up and did what he did to Masoli, Tukuafu, Ward, Dickson, Maehl, pick your poison Blount was the lucky man who received Hout's a-hole sportsmanship and Hout got what he deserved.

Cue Echo and the gang to pull a straw man argument from one little thing that I have said and attempt to discredit the whole thing because that simply need to feed their egos.

GO DUCKS, wax the beefers. I hope LM rushes for 200+ on these rejects and that Blount gets to take one to the house.
This has nothing to do with my ego. I get nothing from Blount playing or not. I like Blount, and I appreciate what he did for our team last year. The truth is that the majority of people in Blount's situation wouldn't have thrown punches. Blount did though, and he is paying the price that his coach deems proper. I have actually been hoping to see him get a few carries the last few games, but I also think that if he never gets another carry in a Ducks uniform, he has no one to blame but himself because what it all boils down to is the fact tha he could have simply walked away and left Hout to look like the bad guy. Instead, he made a terrible decision and decided to punch Hout. When a person makes a huge mistake, it isn't fair to simply point your fingers at everyone else. When you point your finger at someone, there are 4 others pointing back at yourself after all. Hout was an idiot, and shouldn't have provoked Blount, but I guarantee that that wasn't the first time something like that happened after a football game. It was simply the first time that the other party flipped out in response and it was caught on camera. Like I said, Blount should have simply walked away like 99% of other people would have done. Since he didn't, he needs to accept whatever punishment he gets. He needs to accept his fate.

Have fun being an overly litigious, ambulance chasing lawyer with ads on late night trashy TV. I would say you'll be good in that role.
rcook
Two Star Recruit

Post by rcook »

wheaton4prez wrote:I'd like to see him play, just personally because I care about the players, their careers, etc. I think that Blount, even with the reinstatement, got a raw deal due largely to the timing of the incident rather than its actual severity.

That said, there are a lot of factors that we may not be aware of that go into why he might not play. I'm trusting the coaches on this one to do what's best for the team, factoring in other RB playing time, etc.

I just saw this thread for the first time... The correct answer above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ curious how anyone could see it any other way?

Does not like war, fwiw
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

wheaton4prez wrote: Just to play devils advocate, Blount scored 17 TDs last season. So, don't we already have packages Blount can run that are proven to be effective?
Absolutely...that is why it is funny to hear him referred to as a 5th string back...because of one game and oh 8 weeks of solid practice.....the problem is that our guys haven't been practicing running/blocking/and reading defenses for situations with Blount in the game.....it's different for backs like him because of style... LJ and KB are similar enough...but Blount would need some getting used to....imo

Hey Rex.....enjoy chasing ambulances......I might end up right there with you....I took my last proctered pre-test, and I went back down :cry:

time to ratchet it up for the next 10 days!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

A couple of notes that seem to have lost somewhere on this thread. The first point is there is obviously a big difference between being on the scout team and actually making it into a game setting. Chip Kelly himself said before the ASU game that Blount was the 5th string RB and would only get on the field after the other RB's who been with team all season get their carries. Th offense struggled some in the 3rd quarter and we never made it to our 5th string back. If was more time we would have. During the Arizona game... we never even made it to Remene Alston as it was a tight game the whole game so was no oppurtunity there. I would agree with most that Crenshaw has not worked out for us to run him largely. As I look at the game against Arizona I do not see any clear plays that he could have come in. Some might say in 3rd and shorts but the defenses would key on him so think Kelly right for not putting him in.. in that situation for that reason. Kelly does not want to give the defenses any clear advantages. As a defense makes it easier when know for sure who getting the ball and if see Blount in can bet.. he would get the ball in that situation unless is a decoy.
My second point comes to the Civil War which will be our next game. Blount is a senior and I think might truly see him because he is a senior and Kelly will find a way to get him in there because of that. Couple times he might just be a decoy though. I would look for him maybe when Masoli lines up in shotgun with 2 RB's one on each side of him in that formation. I would also suspect Kelly knows they will key on him and use him as just a decoy. Only to get him the ball when Oregon State does not key on him and key on Barner or James instead. Just my thought. I think those wanting to see him.. will see him in the Civil War then everybody can relax.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Chip Kelly determines the positioning of the RB's. He IS our head coach. And unless or until he elevates the positioning of LGB from 5th to whatever...or unless or until HE decides it's time for LGB to enter the game, it really doesnt make ANY difference what any of us think...
Its the decision of CK that matters...AND THAT IS IT...PERIOD..DOT...DOT,,,
LGB deserves NO special considerations...No one has ever said that life is fair...We live one day to the next and roll with the punches...Unfortunately for LGB, he was the one that threw a punch and was caught on camera.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

ducksrock wrote:Chip Kelly determines the positioning of the RB's. He IS our head coach. And unless or until he elevates the positioning of LGB from 5th to whatever...or unless or until HE decides it's time for LGB to enter the game, it really doesnt make ANY difference what any of us think...
LGB deserves NO special considerations...No one has ever said that life is fair...We live one day to the next and roll with the punches...Unfortunately for LGB, he was the one that threw a punch and was caught on camera.

So if we disagree with the way Chip handles a situation we should just be like oh he's our head coach so we shouldn't feel that way and should feel his way?...Wow I feel very sorry for you if that's the way you live your life.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

pudgejeff wrote:
ducksrock wrote:Chip Kelly determines the positioning of the RB's. He IS our head coach. And unless or until he elevates the positioning of LGB from 5th to whatever...or unless or until HE decides it's time for LGB to enter the game, it really doesnt make ANY difference what any of us think...

So if we disagree with the way Chip handles a situation we should just be like oh he's our head coach so we shouldn't feel that way and should feel his way?...Wow I feel very sorry for you if that's the way you live your life.
No, not at all..You can feel any way that you want...But, if ya arent comfortable with the program and the coach and/or what they represent and how they conduct themselves, may be time for ya to move on to another program, where u can be happy...And, as far as you or anyone else judging how I live or dont live my life, is a total joke. Maybe time for you to crawl back into your lil hole that you call your world. Pathetic at best.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Why are there always people around to act like idiots on the internet?

THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU OR US OR WE FOLKS :!:

It's about a game....and peoples opinions on that game.....stop getting you panties in a bunch!!!!!

If you don't like what someone has to say don't read it...

If you do like it feel free to respond....

get over yourselves ...no one else wants to here about how you feel! :roll:
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

ducksrock wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:

No, not at all..You can feel any way that you want...But, if ya arent comfortable with the program and the coach and/or what they represent and how they conduct themselves, may be time for ya to move on to another program, where u can be happy...And, as far as you or anyone else judging how I live or dont live my life, is a total joke. Maybe time for you to crawl back into your lil hole that you call your world. Pathetic at best.
Being comfortable with a program and disagreeing on how a coach is handling a situation are two very different things. Oh wait back in to my lil hole, whoops sorry I keep forgetting.