"Play Blount" Petition / Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: "Play Blount" Petition / Thread

Post by karlhungis »

goyellowgreen wrote:i'm with you, AnarchistDuck!! i'm sorry, but Crenshaw lost yards both times he had the ball....many times, he is ineffective.
Blount had an entire game to showcase himself this year and he has -5 yards to show for it.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Wow this is really a shock. When I saw this thread I thought ok here we go again with everybody wanting Blount in the game when we have been winning without him just fine. It is somewhat nice to see people realizing we are fine without him. For what it is worth I do think because he is a senior you will see him in the game at some point when it is a safe situation to put him in. Maybe a 2nd and 1 or something. As far as Crenshaw goes... I know the guy is a senior and is a likeable guy but truthfully he has done nothing for our offense 90% of the time. I do not know what his problem is. I just know he struggles to get yards a lot of the time. Occasionally he has a nice run and am glad for him. The facts remain though that he does seem to have problems gaining yardage on a consistent basis. Maybe it is because has 2nd or 3rd string O line in front. I do not know.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I'd like to see him play, just personally because I care about the players, their careers, etc. I think that Blount, even with the reinstatement, got a raw deal due largely to the timing of the incident rather than its actual severity.

That said, there are a lot of factors that we may not be aware of that go into why he might not play. I'm trusting the coaches on this one to do what's best for the team, factoring in other RB playing time, etc.
gosterman01
Three Star Recruit

Post by gosterman01 »

Why start a petition on to play Blount when James is rippin it up??? There's a reason Blounts not playing, why question the coaches. I'm sorry but we are winning and personaly I think James brings more to the table.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Just a thought here, folks... When Kelly initially suspended LG, he actually said something to the effect of, "LaGarrette has played his last down as a Duck... Including any Bowl Game".

Could this be part of what's going on here, even though LG is allowed to dress down for games and travel with the team?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

woundedknees wrote:Just a thought here, folks... When Kelly initially suspended LG, he actually said something to the effect of, "LaGarrette has played his last down as a Duck... Including any Bowl Game".

Could this be part of what's going on here, even though LG is allowed to dress down for games and travel with the team?
and then there was the whole lawyer situation.... some small part of me thinks coach is keeping him on the bottom of the depth chart. not saying its a bad thing, but how the hell is a 240lb back with his speed, hands, and blocking ability not on the field and buried behind two career backups?

and "he had a game to showcase his talent against boise"?????? so did masoli and the oline, but i think their careers will benefit from the games since. you follow me?

james is great, barner is good, but blount on the goal line keeps the d off of masoli. too many plays for no yards inside the 10yd line last game. cant expect those rediculous 3rd down td passes every week.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

There's also an argument that he's the "victim" of the situations...

Stanford- first game eligible, probably not game ready
ASU- mop up duty didnt last long enough for 5th string
UA- tight ball game till the end, first string needed all game (no time for messing around with the O)

I have a feeling the situation for LG playing in the CW might not present itself, I dont see another blow out like last year.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

The Civil War will most likely not be a blowout and if the Ducks win even though Ohio State is an overrated team they are still good and I don't think that will be a blowout either so I am not so sure Blount will ever get in a game.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

AnarchistDuck wrote:My rationale is simply that Blount has paid the price and this game represents his last chance to make an impression on the NFL, other than the combine. He is a senior and this is his last game. LMJ, Barner, Alson and Crenshaw have already been rewarded for their outstanding service. But Blount has paid his price and should now be given a chance--his final chance--to play.
Your right its one of his last chances...hopefully he gets it...this thread will do nothing for that, and if he doesn't get to play its because coach Kelly is responsible for making theteam win...not a player...... :roll:
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Doubt seriously that Kelly would make line-up adjustments just to satisfy the crowd, didn't listen when the crowd was besides itself booing Masoli.
This is a coaching issue, pure and simple, if Blount is performing in practice to standards that warrant playing him, then he will get that time.
KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

wheaton4prez wrote:I'd like to see him play, just personally because I care about the players, their careers, etc. I think that Blount, even with the reinstatement, got a raw deal due largely to the timing of the incident rather than its actual severity.

Well said wheaton4prez, i feel the same way and couldn't agree with you more
wiseforexinvestor
Three Star Recruit

Post by wiseforexinvestor »

Sorry AnarchistDuck, you should have checked with me first, I could have told you that you would have a bunch of "know it all" "in Chip we trust" blind fans shoot you down. I have been fighting this war even before he was officially suspended. Hold your head up high and know that you are doing the right thing sticking up for Blount who was a complete victim of the media and and over reactant coach.

Rejects like Echo and the gang are too blind to realize that Blount was only one person who had a bad game at Boise and yet he has been scape goated as the reason we lost. News Flash!!!! Masoli played terrible, who knows what would have happened if that tool Hout would have come up and did what he did to Masoli, Tukuafu, Ward, Dickson, Maehl, pick your poison Blount was the lucky man who received Hout's a-hole sportsmanship and Hout got what he deserved.

Cue Echo and the gang to pull a straw man argument from one little thing that I have said and attempt to discredit the whole thing because that simply need to feed their egos.

GO DUCKS, wax the beefers. I hope LM rushes for 200+ on these rejects and that Blount gets to take one to the house.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

wiseforexinvestor wrote:Sorry AnarchistDuck, you should have checked with me first, I could have told you that you would have a bunch of "know it all" "in Chip we trust" blind fans shoot you down. I have been fighting this war even before he was officially suspended. Hold your head up high and know that you are doing the right thing sticking up for Blount who was a complete victim of the media and and over reactant coach.

Rejects like Echo and the gang are too blind to realize that Blount was only one person who had a bad game at Boise and yet he has been scape goated as the reason we lost. News Flash!!!! Masoli played terrible, who knows what would have happened if that tool Hout would have come up and did what he did to Masoli, Tukuafu, Ward, Dickson, Maehl, pick your poison Blount was the lucky man who received Hout's a-hole sportsmanship and Hout got what he deserved.

Cue Echo and the gang to pull a straw man argument from one little thing that I have said and attempt to discredit the whole thing because that simply need to feed their egos.

GO DUCKS, wax the beefers. I hope LM rushes for 200+ on these rejects and that Blount gets to take one to the house.
And you wonder why people think you are an a**hole? :lol: You call too many names....your opinion and analysis is correct, however....I am not so sure that if Hout had talked smack to the other players that the result would have been the same....

yes it is too bad that Blount was in the wrong place at the wrong time...and that he overreacted like may of us would have in that situation...and that CK overreacted in his year-long (later shortened) suspension....but he was there and it did happen and saying it shouldn't have and pointing out that other people played bad doesn't change the fact that Blount played his own role within these circumstances.....

If he plays it will be because the Coaches think his play will help the team....if it is for any other reason....than the coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves... :ugeek:

Are you ready for the 5th buddy?
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

I hate people saying he's the 5th string running back...He's not...At worst he's 1B behind Lamicheal...And he has worked his ass of in practice the same way Remene and Andre and Kenjan have...It's so much BS saying he hasn't earned his spot...Yes he has...He's worked just as hard and he's the better player...What other way do you earn your spot?...He served his 8 game suspension...Not playing him because of the punch is just making the suspension longer and not actually lifting the suspension
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Good points. I don't think the "earn it" argument stands up to scrutiny. Blount, by all accounts, played hard for the scout team during a time when he didn't have the carrot of playing time in front of him. That sounds like earning something to me. Playing well on the scout team was how James and Barner earned their opportunities.

That's why I have to go back to my theory that something else is going on that we don't know about. Shape, grades, class attendance or something.