Group to get "I Love my Ducks" Video.....

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Group to get "I Love my Ducks" Video.....

Post by gofightingducks »

to be played during halftime at the Civil War game.

I guess they are confident enough we will have a big halftime lead. I would suggest to play it after the game!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eugene-OR ... 245?v=wall
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Group to get "I Love my Ducks" Video.....

Post by woundedknees »

Unless I am reading that wall wrong, it looks more like a request that "I Love My Ducks" be played, rather than an asssertion.

I agree that it would be far more appropriate to play at the end of the game.

That particular approach would probably fit the Disney agreement.

Probably not a good idea to give the Beavs bulletin Board material in the middle of the CW, dontcha think?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Yeah. No way we play that at half-time. Don't want to pull a Wildcat.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

No kidding. I would much prefer it after the game but the University will not play it because the mascot is in the video. BUT, they could play the song......but with our terrible sound system, nobody will hear it over the excited scream from fans after we beat the sheep! :D
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

That would be awesome if they played it after the game (assuming we win of course lol).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

There's no way, I have a feeling Disney would have a fit. If it was okayed by them then that would be amazing.

I smell...ugh, I have to stop myself, but it's just too catchy ;)
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
R bar Duckaholic
Two Star Recruit

Post by R bar Duckaholic »

It would be pretty sweet if the crowd broke out in song for the "I Smell Roses" part, assuming we have victory comfortably in the bag.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:There's no way, I have a feeling Disney would have a fit. If it was okayed by them then that would be amazing.

I smell...ugh, I have to stop myself, but it's just too catchy ;)

Why do you think Disney would have a fit?

IMO....if they try to do anything about this they will have a PR nightmare on their hands! Not only would duck fans be livid....there are plenty of people across the nation that are backing these kids...and if word got out that Disney was trying to do anything to mess with them I think they would be in trouble....right now all the criticism is aimed at the UOAD...and I think Disney has kept quit on purpose.....and the other thing is if the school has a contract that says they can use the duck in videos for athletic events....wouldn't this qualify?
duckscribe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckscribe »

We can always chant I LOVE MY DUCKS!
Do you need a transfusion of GREEN O Positive?
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

And "I smell roses"! Of course, only when the game is definitely under control... :lol:

Notice the plane that we flew on?
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Really surprised to read about the whole situation in the paper today, I think that the University is handling this thing pretty terribly.....

I understand that the guys didn't get permission or go through the proper channels, but they are young kids....and the University could easily take a look at the situation and try to figure out how to untangle this mess...

Jerry Allen and Joe G are really starting to piss me off lately with their opinions on the UO AD's activities....I mean they give their opinion out on the radio or tv, and they are always in favor of what ever the department has done....like it was the only decision that could have been made....then they forget to tell us who signs their pay check! :roll:

On Jerry's show this morning he was explaining that the department can't work with these kids and get the video played or make t-shirts that say " I Love my Ducks " because it would set a terrible precedent that they would have to start saying yes to everyone with a great idea.....

first that's a load of crap...the department could look at something and say no, and then later when they realize that fans want it...they could say yes.....or they could continue to say no all around.....he was like " do you know how many great ideas get turned down from being displayed on Duck Vision?....well there isn't enough time to mention them all...." :roll: give me a break Jerry you are such a kiss ass! Why don't you mention one idea that is half as good as this one!

I am very disappointed with the way this thing is being handled.....the article on the front page of the RG makes one wonder how things ever get accomplished by this department...the communication skills their are terrible!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

At the very least they shold play it over the loud speakers at some point. Get the crowd into a frezy & singing it in unison.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Sorry about my diatribe earlier but this whole situation is just so stupid! Jerry also eluded to the fact that that the athletic department would have loved the idea if it had come from an internal source...but that things had to work a certain way...and lines have to be drawn....and because this idea didn't come from within the program they can't be seen to support it or else they would have to support every single idea they ever heard....that is just retarded! I don't know if Jerry is just stupid or if he has his head so far up the Athletic Departments Collective Ass that he cant see (or hear ) how stupid that sounds!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

On Jerry's show this morning he was explaining that the department can't work with these kids and get the video played or make t-shirts that say " I Love my Ducks " because it would set a terrible precedent that they would have to start saying yes to everyone with a great idea.....

Didn't the University and AD approve the Reaper clothing? Sounds like it all boils down to the University being careful about this because it involves the Duck and the people at Disney seem to be douchebags about using the likeness even when there is nobody profiting off of it.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

A few years ago, Michael Eisner was the villain from Disney who insisted on actual cash concessions. I still haven't figured out how Oregon got him to back down, but I am glad he did.

I wonder who calls the shots there, now?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!