Group to get "I Love my Ducks" Video.....

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Group to get "I Love my Ducks" Video.....

Post by MerDuck »

gofightingducks wrote:On Jerry's show this morning he was explaining that the department can't work with these kids and get the video played or make t-shirts that say " I Love my Ducks " because it would set a terrible precedent that they would have to start saying yes to everyone with a great idea.....

Didn't the University and AD approve the Reaper clothing? Sounds like it all boils down to the University being careful about this because it involves the Duck and the people at Disney seem to be douchebags about using the likeness even when there is nobody profiting off of it.
You may be right...Disney may be trying to block the use of the duck....

But that says nothing to the fact that they guys appear to be willing to edit the duck out...or just have the song played and the university still wants nothing to do with it...

Jerry said something about them not going through the proper channels...it appears to me that they are trying.....why doesn't the university say hey kids..."if you want to do this right this is what you have to do" and then if they don't do that the only people the kids can blame are themselves.....it seems to me that the kids are trying and they are getting shut down....

my only hope is that we have enough time before the CW to raise enough hell to get something done about this and get at least the song played at the game!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Nice uproar on Facebook, so hopefully we can get this resolved for the guys. The University is feeding the flame & making it more popular by dragging their heels, so it's been good for the guys (so to speak). I hope this gets played after the game because if it's played sooner than that, then it will feed into bad sportsmanship (if the I Smell Roses is included).

I'm all for just doing the "I LOVE MY DUCKS" and leave out the roses piece at halftime or during the game.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Nice uproar on Facebook, so hopefully we can get this resolved for the guys. The University is feeding the flame & making it more popular by dragging their heels, so it's been good for the guys (so to speak). I hope this gets played after the game because if it's played sooner than that, then it will feed into bad sportsmanship (if the I Smell Roses is included).

I'm all for just doing the "I LOVE MY DUCKS" and leave out the roses piece at halftime or during the game.
We need to definitely (or defiantly :D my spell check wasn't working at first)chant I love my ducks....even if they don't play the song/video.....that would sound pretty sweet!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Someone had mentioned the band playing it & the crowd singing the lyrics as the guys have posted a free MP3 download on FB with everyone making sure to learn the lyrics. I'm going to make sure I learn them well!!!
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

I also made some ringtones out of it ...here is the thread I linked to them in:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4018
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... /story.csp

But once again, the UO has said no — this time to a Nike employee’s proposal to redo the video and show it during the Dec. 3 Civil War game, and also to an “I Love My Ducks” T-shirt proposal.

So who is giving more to the University Nike or Disney? Why would the University turn down that proposal? This is the best marketing the University could ever hope for.

Chip Kelly liked the video so much he invited Slade, Bishop and McAndrew into his office last week to tell them so and suggested it would make a great recruiting video and could maybe be reshot without the Duck in it, according to Slade.

Kelly has the right idea.

The group also had a deal ready with the University of Oregon Bookstore to make “I Love My Ducks” T-shirts, but that was also nixed by the UO, bookstore manager Jim Williams said.

Hmmmmmm once again an opportunity to make fans happy, make money for the University, similar to the Reaper clothing and a great opportunity to make an impression in the national media.

As great as the Duck is and him being a part of the University's history maybe it is time to get out from under the grasp of Disney. I am sure Nike can come up with a good replacement......... better than RoboDuck anyway! :lol:
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

and now I hear the sent a cease and desist letter to "Duck Tees" the guys who have brought us some of the funniest shirts ever.....none of which contained any copyrighted material......
word from Duck Tees is that while they think they could win in court if it came down to that...they can't afford it, so once again the AD and the university looks as though they are the Strong arm!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

MerDuck wrote:and now I hear the sent a cease and desist letter to "Duck Tees" the guys who have brought us some of the funniest shirts ever.....none of which contained any copyrighted material......
word from Duck Tees is that while they think they could win in court if it came down to that...they can't afford it, so once again the AD and the university looks as though they are the Strong arm!
That's a bunch of BS. Ducktees shirt selection is now half of what it was. Why can't the university just freaking relax? I was planning on getting one of those "Holy Masoli" shirts but I guess that's not an option now..
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

The University needs to chill out. If it were not for such great fan support the program wouldn't have the financial success it has. It is only one of a handful of programs that actually turns a profit and they can thank the fans for that. Going after the little guy like ducktees.com and the guys that created the "I Love My Ducks" video is pathetic.