More changes to Oregongridiron......

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

More changes to Oregongridiron......

Post by gofightingducks »

.............and the ASU and Arizona motivational videos as well as some other new stuff!

http://www.oregongridiron.com/

WIN THE DAY!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Re: More changes to Oregongridiron......

Post by wheaton4prez »

Still a pretty good site. But, I liked the old version better.

I suspect that some anti-flash person made a decision to change it. Irritating.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I like it. Much less cluttered and the message is VERY clear. Exactly what the whole program is about - WIN THE DAY.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

I like it better as well. a much more clean look. Should be really good once all the changes and additions have been made. I wonder if any other schools have similar recruiting websites. Oregon's is the only one I am aware of. Also, I wonder how affective it is in recruiting. Too bad we can't do the comic books anymore :evil: :roll:
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Loving the new look. Win The Day!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Really? I'm not seeing more clean and less cluttered.

The last site had one main template that was re-used seemlessly between pages. This new design has different looks for each page and about 200 different fonts crammed in there. "Go Back" appears in different sizes and places on almost every page. Just not as well organized and compact as it was before.

I'm just nit-picky because I work in the web industry. :)
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

wheaton4prez wrote:Really? I'm not seeing more clean and less cluttered.

The last site had one main template that was re-used seemlessly between pages. This new design has different looks for each page and about 200 different fonts crammed in there. "Go Back" appears in different sizes and places on almost every page. Just not as well organized and compact as it was before.

I think it is a work in progress it seems there is a new type and font on some pages and the old font on other pages. It seems whoever they have working on the site is doing it in stages rather than introducing the new design all at once. If it is left the way it is then I agree it does not look good overall but I have a feeling they are in the process of changing the whole thing to reflect the changes they made in the Casanova Center, the locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. The whole Win the Day theme! I guess we will see how it ultimately ends up.

By the way I do graphic design and web design work as well and can see where you are coming from
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

I don't come from the same position as you two...and I am sure that most of our recruits don't either...I think this is a much better design and when it is all said and done it should look pretty crisp for you two....like you said it's still a work in progress apparently...it changes a little every time I go there.

I think the UA motivational video was one of the best I have seen in a while...I know it wasn't rap music, or heavy metal with a bunch of big hits....but the message was awesome!

Also glad to see Blount reappearing in these videos...he was missing for a while (for obvious reasons) but nice to see his return!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Yeah. My hunch is that the person working on it now is not the person who built the first version from the original design. It seems re-cut for html after having been a full flash site.

Our company works with all kinds of platforms. But, we specialize in high-end flash dev like games, apps, etc. So, I'm used to coming across devs who don't know how to use flash changing or re-doing the flash portions of a project for no other reason than to be more familiar with it. :D
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

From a PR point of view, this is excellent branding. It is definitely a work in progress due to some fine tuning, but I like this better because it's not as overwhelming. The other version was kind of hunt & peck like a treasure hunt and that can be annoying from a "consumers" point of view. Less is more & this new version (home page) lends itself to easier access. It's not just recruits looking at this website, it's their families as well so that's something to consider.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Okay, that Arizona motivational made me cry. Love how they added footage from last year. Sniff, sniff. I think I'm gonna go over the edge before the CW!!! I am hopeful LGB gets to play in this, his last game at Autzen.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

MFRDuckFan wrote:

From a PR point of view, this is excellent branding. It is definitely a work in progress due to some fine tuning, but I like this better because it's not as overwhelming. The other version was kind of hunt & peck like a treasure hunt and that can be annoying from a "consumers" point of view. Less is more & this new version (home page) lends itself to easier access. It's not just recruits looking at this website, it's their families as well so that's something to consider.
I agree with the principle you are referring to. But, in my view, the previous site adhered to it more because the UI conformed more between pages. In this new design, half the pages look like they could be from a different site.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

So...what are the motivational videos for?