More "I Love My Ducks" talk

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

More "I Love My Ducks" talk

Post by gofightingducks »

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... /story.csp

But once again, the UO has said no — this time to a Nike employee’s proposal to redo the video and show it during the Dec. 3 Civil War game, and also to an “I Love My Ducks” T-shirt proposal.

So who is giving more to the University Nike or Disney? Why would the University turn down that proposal? This is the best marketing the University could ever hope for.

Chip Kelly liked the video so much he invited Slade, Bishop and McAndrew into his office last week to tell them so and suggested it would make a great recruiting video and could maybe be reshot without the Duck in it, according to Slade.

Kelly has the right idea.

The group also had a deal ready with the University of Oregon Bookstore to make “I Love My Ducks” T-shirts, but that was also nixed by the UO, bookstore manager Jim Williams said.

Hmmmmmm once again an opportunity to make fans happy, make money for the University, similar to the Reaper clothing and a great opportunity to make an impression in the national media.

As great as the Duck is and him being a part of the University's history maybe it is time to get out from under the grasp of Disney. I am sure Nike can come up with a good replacement......... better than RoboDuck anyway!
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Re: More "I Love My Ducks" talk

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I say we just need a UO official to go out drinking with Michael Eisner, get him sufficiently s***housed, then sign Donald Duck's "likeness" away to us. Good plan?
GO DUCKS!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

There's a reason we tried to introduce a new mascot. If the fans had liked roboduck, we wouldn't be seeing much of the old donald. I liked roboduck but I was like 13 so... :lol:
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I'm kind of seeing the other side of the coin on this one.

It's just a video. I've already seen it. I don't really need to see it at the game and I don't get why it's much of a deal whether we do or not. I definitely don't want to see it before the game is over and won given that it's basically predicting a win.

The people who made the video should be happy that it's popular via youtube and simply accept that the university rejected their proposal to make it an officially sanctioned thing. They can make more videos and have a great time with it. The UO will continue to do quite well marketing themselves without it.
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

stewbertwilloughby wrote:I say we just need a UO official to go out drinking with Michael Eisner, get him sufficiently s***housed, then sign Donald Duck's "likeness" away to us. Good plan?
That would do no good whatsoever since Eisner hasn't been at Disney in almost 5 years. Robert Iger would be a better bet.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I don't miss Eisner, and evidently, neither do the Disney folks...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Getting a lot of love on ESPN from Ted Miller:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id ... anford-man

Former Oregon coach Mike Bellotti deserves some credit for the Ducks' success this year, but he may want to make some changes in the marketing department, which has failed to embrace the best marketing effort for the program in years.

Good one, Ted! :mrgreen:

Notice the plane that we flew on?
moduck
One Star Recruit

Post by moduck »

I was in school when roboduck was introduced and was a part of booing every time he came on the field. You could not tell how much the fans hated him until basketball season when Mac Court would boo all together. I have no confidence in anyone coming up with a better mascot than the Duck.

I like the video, but i don't think it would be worth it to sacrifice our mascot. The video will only be relevant for this year, the Duck forever.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

goducks75 wrote:
stewbertwilloughby wrote:I say we just need a UO official to go out drinking with Michael Eisner, get him sufficiently s***housed, then sign Donald Duck's "likeness" away to us. Good plan?
That would do no good whatsoever since Eisner hasn't been at Disney in almost 5 years. Robert Iger would be a better bet.
Well...we could do it anyway :D
GO DUCKS!