UCLA names Ethan Garbers starting QB (Not Moore)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

UCLA names Ethan Garbers starting QB (Not Moore)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Moore will still apparently play, as CK plans to do a QB rotation around three different guys.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: UCLA names Ethan Garbers starting QB (Not Moore)

Post by Quietduck »

I've never been a fan of a QB rotation with two much less three. For UCLA's sake I hope it ends quickly
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Wasn't It CK and Bellotti who used to say that when you are playing two QBs you have no QBs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Moore will still apparently play, as CK plans to do a QB rotation around three different guys.
I don’t think he actually said that. He will play all 3 the first game, but I believe it’s because he expects to be winning by 21
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Moore will still apparently play, as CK plans to do a QB rotation around three different guys.
I don’t think he actually said that. He will play all 3 the first game, but I believe it’s because he expects to be winning by 21
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... moore-play

Just quoted what I read here.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

IIRC Garbers played well against Oregon. Talented QBs at Ohio State, Texas, UCLA and other schools may be transferring next year, and Oregon minus Nix will be a prime destination. Moore would be a great pickup for 2024.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

73duck wrote:IIRC Garbers played well against Oregon. Talented QBs at Ohio State, Texas, UCLA and other schools may be transferring next year, and Oregon minus Nix will be a prime destination. Moore would be a great pickup for 2024.
You mean when he came in to the game late as an injury replacement? UCLA was down by 3, driving to tie/win the game, when Garbers was forced into action. He proceeded to complete 2 of 5 passes, including throwing a game sealing interception. Obviously he was forced into a difficult situation, but that doesn't qualify as playing well.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

73duck wrote:IIRC Garbers played well against Oregon. Talented QBs at Ohio State, Texas, UCLA and other schools may be transferring next year, and Oregon minus Nix will be a prime destination. Moore would be a great pickup for 2024.

Didn’t he look like Lockie bad at UW?
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

I think there is even money Dante Moore transfers to Oregon next year.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

spacefrog13x wrote:I think there is even money Dante Moore transfers to Oregon next year.
Seems like wishful thinking. The fact that Chip is doing this three-QB rotation to start the season is evidence that he is bending over backwards to keep Moore happy. If the kid can develop in any meaningful way, he is likely to be the starter by the end of this year.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Maybe he is trying to keep him happy and then again maybe he is trying to find one, any one, who can win.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Phalanx wrote:
spacefrog13x wrote:I think there is even money Dante Moore transfers to Oregon next year.
Seems like wishful thinking. The fact that Chip is doing this three-QB rotation to start the season is evidence that he is bending over backwards to keep Moore happy. If the kid can develop in any meaningful way, he is likely to be the starter by the end of this year.
I don’t think bends over backwards to please any player. If there’s any coach who doesn’t care about how many stars you came to campus with, it’s Chip. He is really arrogant that way.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

wlduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
I don’t think bends over backwards to please any player. If there’s any coach who doesn’t care about how many stars you came to campus with, it’s Chip. He is really arrogant that way.
I have no idea what perceived arrogance has to do with anything. I'm trying to recall the last time I saw Chip platooning quarterbacks. Maybe someone can think of another time. He seems pretty clearly to be grooming Moore to take over sooner rather than later despite his youth. The fact that Garbers played at all is probably just an obligatory tip of the cap to the upper classman who has been in the system longer.