Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Mookie Cook injured

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Mookie Cook injured

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

That’s too bad. It’s becoming an Oregon basketball tradition to have key players injured at the start of every season.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

I swear no team gets hammered more by preseason injuries. Seems like every year it happens for some reason, and it feels like it's often the prized recruits.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Every. Single. Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

At least it isn't a knee (glass half full).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I've got this idea that more tall basketball players should adopt swimming for cardio reasons. Practically zero stress on the joints while working the muscles.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck07 wrote:I've got this idea that more tall basketball players should adopt swimming for cardio reasons. Practically zero stress on the joints while working the muscles.
It makes you wonder about the type of training these guys are getting. I’ve gotten into lifting the past couple years and been blown away by the amount of utter nonsense out there, and how much of it resides at the highest levels of athletics. Like Joel Seedman for example, training numbers of pro athletes with techniques that are pure comedy and don’t translate to anything other than a hilarious Instagram post.

So many of these players would benefit immensely from incorporating something like the Knees Over Toes Guy’s most basic routine.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:I've got this idea that more tall basketball players should adopt swimming for cardio reasons. Practically zero stress on the joints while working the muscles.
Tim Duncan wanted to be a professional swimmer before basketball, and he continued swimming through his career. He had some occasional knee injuries but nothing lingering or anything that limited his career (besides the ACL tear in his 3rd or 4th year), I’m sure his continued swimming played a huge role in that.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

So as we’re starting fall practices, Dante is hurt, Cook is hurt, Evans “is nursing nagging injuries”, and Couisnard and Rigsby are easing back into practice.

Does any other team deal with the amount of off-season/preseason garbage the Ducks do? Every year, they start the season with no chemistry and pay dearly for it over the first month of the season.

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

whosyourwally wrote:So as we’re starting fall practices, Dante is hurt, Cook is hurt, Evans “is nursing nagging injuries”, and Couisnard and Rigsby are easing back into practice.

Does any other team deal with the amount of off-season/preseason garbage the Ducks do? Every year, they start the season with no chemistry and pay dearly for it over the first month of the season.

ugh...why do we still have Cousinard? We need to find a better system than all of these mediocre guard transfers.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Excited to see Cookie Mook play this year. Dude can be big time
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

To be sure, it is incredibly wearying to constantly be having these preseason injury problems. That said, I think we're in better shape than we often have been at this point in the preseason. If Cook is good to go for most of November, I think we're in pretty good shape.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Who is the strength trainer for the basketball team anyways? Every year our top guys are hurt.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Who is the strength trainer for the basketball team anyways? Every year our top guys are hurt.
Cook injured himself in an all star game in the summer so it's not Oregon's S&C coach's fault. Also not sure how they responsible for players jamming fingers and popped shoulder when players are scrimmaging or practicing.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Cook just had surgery and likely won't be ready to go until December or January.