Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Pac-12 Power Rankings Week 4

Post by bellsduck »

1. Washington - Continue to impress.
2. Oregon - Could be better if not for penalties
3. USC - What did I just watch, struggle vs ASU?
4. Washington St. - Until Utah shows some offense, I'll take WSU.
5. Utah - Their offense is bad, defense looked great vs Fr qb
6. OSU - Final made game look close, wasn't, never gave up
7. Colorado - Hard to say they're this high after that beat down.
8. UCLA - Growing pains on offense
9. Arizona - Surprising close game vs bad Stanford team.
10. Cal - Wilcox defense got shredded. That's not expected.
11. Stanford - I wish they played ASU this year.
12. ASU - They left points out there vs USC. Just awful QB play.

I don't know who the best team in the country is right now, but any of USC, Oregon, or Washington could be. We will learn a lot about all three starting October 14..
dthomas=ddixon

Pac-12 Power Rankings Week 4

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

1. Oregon - Only team with both a great offense and defense. Held CU to 72 yards in 1st 3 quarters and 2nd week in a row that we completely shut down a top 5 passing O.
2. Washington - Elite O but a still one dimensional team that will be in trouble if anyone slows down their O
3. Utah - The antithesis of UW: great D average O
4. USC - plays like a team that knows Caleb W will bail them out of any situation. Will bite them against better teams.
5. Wazzu - Solid on both O & D, Ward playing really well.
6. OSU - CW win made everyone forget they aren’t actually that good. DJU ain’t it, secondary looks awful, but they can run the ball.
7. UCLA - Had them winning yesterday, should’ve known better than to trust a former Duck coach. Should get better as Moore develops.
8. CU - Motivated Duck team made them look worse than they are, but clearly still a bottom feeder
9. Arizona - yawn
10. Furd - blah
11. ASU - Dilly at least has them fired up and playing hard
12. Cal - yuck
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Pac-12 Power Rankings Week 4

Post by UOducksTK1 »

bellsduck wrote:1. Washington - Continue to impress.

I don't know who the best team in the country is right now, but any of USC, Oregon, or Washington could be. We will learn a lot about all three starting October 14..

Swap Utah and wazzu, but otherwise yes

Washington is clearly the best in the PAC-12 right now, not USC.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Wazzu is a threat. The put up points on offense and cause havoc with their DEs on defense. Wazzu and Florida State are the two teams nationwide with the best 2 wins (Wisconsin and Oregon State vs. Clemson and LSU). I'm not going to rule them out for winning this conference until we start seeing losses on the field.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:Wazzu is a threat. The put up points on offense and cause havoc with their DEs on defense. Wazzu and Florida State are the two teams nationwide with the best 2 wins (Wisconsin and Oregon State vs. Clemson and LSU). I'm not going to rule them out for winning this conference until we start seeing losses on the field.
Wazzu does have one of the more favorable Pac-12 schedules going forward, as they don't have USC or Utah. But their win over Wisconsin is hardly a quality win to me. Wisconsin may not even be a top 9 team in the Pac-12.

Utah > Wazzu right now. This weekend will reveal more after the Beavers host Utah.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Wazzu is a threat. The put up points on offense and cause havoc with their DEs on defense. Wazzu and Florida State are the two teams nationwide with the best 2 wins (Wisconsin and Oregon State vs. Clemson and LSU). I'm not going to rule them out for winning this conference until we start seeing losses on the field.
Wazzu does have one of the more favorable Pac-12 schedules going forward, as they don't have USC or Utah. But their win over Wisconsin is hardly a quality win to me. Wisconsin may not even be a top 9 team in the Pac-12.

Utah > Wazzu right now. This weekend will reveal more after the Beavers host Utah.

Wazzu will beat Utah. I don’t understand the love for them? Yeah they beat UCLA. Guess what, ucla has the 3-4 worst OL in the conference. They give up QB pressure over 50% of the time, which isn’t ideal when you have a true freshman.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Wazzu will beat Utah. I don’t understand the love for them? Yeah they beat UCLA. Guess what, ucla has the 3-4 worst OL in the conference. They give up QB pressure over 50% of the time, which isn’t ideal when you have a true freshman.
Put your money where your mouth is. ;) I bet $500 that Washington State will not beat Utah this year.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Can I get in on this action? It feels like a good bet Wazzu won't beat Utah. At least I really hope they don't, since I would like to see the ducks in the championship game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phalanx wrote:Can I get in on this action? It feels like a good bet Wazzu won't beat Utah. At least I really hope they don't, since I would like to see the ducks in the championship game.

Good catch. :D :lol:

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Put your money where your mouth is. ;) I bet $500 that Washington State will not beat Utah this year.

I’ve said all year they aren’t very good, yet you have defended them all year. Utes are not a good team. Unless we just crap in our helmets and the pac2 refs screw us over, we win by multiple TDs.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Utah will be a different team with a competent QB, good for the Beavs but they’re winning this game cause Utah does not have a QB. I’m much more afraid of a healthy Utah team on the road than a health Beavs team at home.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Utah will be a different team with a competent QB, good for the Beavs but they’re winning this game cause Utah does not have a QB. I’m much more afraid of a healthy Utah team on the road than a health Beavs team at home.

They are different at home, I’ll give them that. But their O wasn’t gtlreat in Eugene last year, and they lost a bunch of dudes from that team. Also rumor is Rising is having yipes on the field and that’s why he isn’t back yet.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Once we here rumors of Rising walking on water I’ll believe he can fix this offense. They have zero weapons.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

bellsduck wrote:1. Washington - Continue to impress.

1. Washington - Penix continues to impress, but their defense is still questionable. Also, their strength of schedule has been weak to mediocre.
2. Oregon - Could be better if not for penalties. The SOS has also been weak, though they get to face our defense in practice.
3. USC - What did I just watch, struggle vs ASU? Yep. In my opinion, as good as their offense is, they do not have a championship caliber defense.
4. Washington St. - Until Utah shows some offense, I'll take WSU. WSU is better than expected. Cam Ward is one of the best in the conference. This game concerns me.
5. OSU - They're back in the race with a convincing win over Utah.
6. Utah - They finally stumbled without Rising and their starting TE. They play great defense but unless they can get their offense going, I don't see them as a contender.
7. Colorado - I think they'll put up points vs USC but will still lose. I see them as a 3-4 loss Bowl team.
8. UCLA - Growing pains on offense. Agreed.
9. Arizona - Jury's still out. I expect a loss to UW today.
10. Cal - I don't understand how this team can be so consistently bad every year. Wilcox would have been fired almost anywhere else.
11. Stanford - They're going to struggle for awhile. They'll definitely miss David Shaw over the long term.
12. ASU - This is a throwaway season. Self imposed sanctions, young QB, not a lot of talent. They'll be better in a couple years.

I don't know who the best team in the country is right now. Oregon or Washington could be, but it's still a wait and see on both. Lots of football left to be played with some big matchups on the horizon. Both the SEC and Big-10 don't look as strong this season. Texas looks strong, but we'll know more about them after they play Oklahoma.
John 3:36
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Oregon is a much more complete team than WA. Don’t believe their hype. They’ve feasted on weak pass D teams. They will get exposed. With a healthy Nix, we will put them away.