Washington State @ #9 Oregon (Oct. 21, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Washington State @ #9 Oregon (Oct. 21, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by greenyellow »

Odd to see Frost at the game but he's got ties to Tuioti and the program still.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

We got a pretty good look at whose gonna be playing QB for us next year
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

spacefrog13x wrote:We got a pretty good look at whose gonna be playing QB for us next year
……what?
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Won by 14 so don't want to complain, but was WSU called for holding ONCE that game? Officiating felt pretty one-sided all afternoon long.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

spacefrog13x wrote:We got a pretty good look at whose gonna be playing QB for us next year
IF Cam Ward wanted to come to UO and the feeling was mutual, my understanding of the transfer rules is that he already used his free pass and would have to sit out a year.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:Odd to see Frost at the game but he's got ties to Tuioti and the program still.
It is a little odd, I googled him and didn’t see what he is currently doing, all I could find is former Nebraska coach, anyone know what he is doing now?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Duck07 wrote:
IF Cam Ward wanted to come to UO and the feeling was mutual, my understanding of the transfer rules is that he already used his free pass and would have to sit out a year.
The only question in my mind is whether that second transfer rule applies to grad transfers, assuming he would be a grad transfer at the end of the year. Too lazy to look it up, to be honest, but that could be a potential loophole.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I wasn’t that impressed with award, he flashed some greatness but also had some real glaring flaws. He flat out quit on a two or three plays, I mean just stopped and stood there until he got tackled. This is as much on the WSU coach but clock management the last few minutes on their part was terrible, cam has enough experience he should know this. I hope TT gets a shot…. If he has earned it.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

droop10 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
The only question in my mind is whether that second transfer rule applies to grad transfers, assuming he would be a grad transfer at the end of the year. Too lazy to look it up, to be honest, but that could be a potential loophole.
It doesn’t apply to grad transfers, they would be immediately eligible.
OrTDuck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OrTDuck »

The defense has been lucky to have a player as experienced as Stevens to turn to (and he has been ok) but, I thought after a couple of seasons adjusting to the position, Addison was really playing well through the first four games in that spot.

I've read he is taking time away for personal reasons but has been spotted still around practice. Any word on a potential return as if the "D" is going to give up 440 passing to Ward, there are plenty of strong throwers still potentially looming?

(Not meant as a shot at Stevens as he still would play, more an "all hands on deck" sort of question)
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Washington State has way more fire, Oregon just going through the motions, players and coaches alike.
Honest question- are you ever happy with any aspect of the team or the game?

You said in a post last week you are a casual fan and certainly some of your posts are reasonable and thoughtful. On game day you are the complete opposite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Guess the defense doesn’t care about covering the line.
Rarely do teams care about covering the line. Honest!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lmduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Washington State has way more fire, Oregon just going through the motions, players and coaches alike.
Honest question- are you ever happy with any aspect of the team or the game?

You said in a post last week you are a casual fan and certainly some of your posts are reasonable and thoughtful. On game day you are the complete opposite

At that moment in the game that was true, Oregon came out flat, and I think once they were down 3-10 they woke up and completely dominated the rest of the game. To me the purpose of a game thread is to post in-game thoughts in the moment.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lmduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Guess the defense doesn’t care about covering the line.
Rarely do teams care about covering the line. Honest!

I know that was just a joke cause the line was 21 so a 22 point victory was perfect. I doubt players even know the line coming into the game.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I'm definitely not feeling scared after watching Utah and USC play.