Dan and Tosh

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Dan and Tosh

Post by Alan »

What kind of interaction do you think Lanning has with Tosh? Who is calling the defense and how much is Dan calling on the field? I am pretty satisfied with the defense more curious than anything……. I don’t think Dan has a Mario problem with control.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Dan and Tosh

Post by lmduck »

Alan wrote:What kind of interaction do you think Lanning has with Tosh? Who is calling the defense and how much is Dan calling on the field? I am pretty satisfied with the defense more curious than anything……. I don’t think Dan has a Mario problem with control.
Dan does not have control issue at all like MC did. Insiders have said it’s very refreshing as DL is the total opposite of Mario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

I asked a question in the game thread yesterday about whether Tosh was calling plays (because when they zoom in on him, it doesn't look like he's making those calls) and someone said Lanning was calling the plays on defense. Is that true? Or is Hampton (who called plays for Tulane last season) calling the plays on defense?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I looked into that yesterday and found this article: https://fishduck.com/2023/01/building-l ... the-shots/

Unless someone does better at Googling than me or has inside info, I'm not sure this is publicly available information. I would be pretty surprised if it was Lanning, though, just based on what I see him doing on the sideline during games.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pdxduck2013 wrote:I asked a question in the game thread yesterday about whether Tosh was calling plays (because when they zoom in on him, it doesn't look like he's making those calls) and someone said Lanning was calling the plays on defense. Is that true? Or is Hampton (who called plays for Tulane last season) calling the plays on defense?

I think it’s Tosh and the new co-DC we got from Tulane. I heard Urban Meyer comment on Dilly calling his plays the rest of the way, and he said it’s super hard to be HC and also call the plays. Said during the week you have so many responsibilities that focusing on plays also is just to hard. So who knows, but Dan seems to do great with everything else, recruiting, keeping guys out of off field trouble, just everything else. That I bet he helps game plans and does help a lot, but trust his guys on game day. Imho that’s why Chip can’t recruit, he is to busy not letting anyone else run his baby. And that’s why he can’t get over the hump at UCLA, no one left him a loaded roster there like at UO.
OregonDucks
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonDucks »

I was behind Oregon's sidelines yesterday, in the stands, and it appeared that Tosh was calling the plays. However, Dan Lanning (DL) was standing near him on the sideline and was intently watching Washington State's offensive formations. On at least a few occasions, DL saw something and started making signals to the defense. I'm assuming that DL is providing Tosh with suggestions, if he sees something that he doesn't like, if not making real-time audibles in certain situations.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Dan and Tosh

Post by lmduck »

OregonDucks wrote:I was behind Oregon's sidelines yesterday, in the stands, and it appeared that Tosh was calling the plays. However, Dan Lanning (DL) was standing near him on the sideline and was intently watching Washington State's offensive formations. On at least a few occasions, DL saw something and started making signals to the defense. I'm assuming that DL is providing Tosh with suggestions, if he sees something that he doesn't like, if not making real-time audibles in certain situations.
This makes total sense and is highly plausible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk