Utah announces Rising, Kuithe, and Barton out for season

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Utah announces Rising, Kuithe, and Barton out for season

Post by greenyellow »

In not too unsurprising news, Utah HC Kyle Whittingham has announced that Cam Rising and Brant Kuithe are out for the year. He then said LB Lander Barton was also lost too. Big loss in Barton since he's one of their top LBs and tacklers.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Utah announces Rising, Kuithe, and Barton out for season

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Sucks for Utah, but should be a somewhat easy win for the ducks if they don’t overthink it and play clean football. Blitz and tackle Barnes, Barnes is very slow to scan the field however he does have a decent arm and is a good runner. He does terrible under pressure though. Honestly if Utah scores over 20 then the defense didn’t have a great day. Utah has a really bad offense, subpar QB, bad OLine, no weapons, however a fantastic TE. Utah does have a tough run defense though, pass defense seems a step down. If the OLine protects Bo I think Ducks will win with a score of something like 31-13.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Sucks for Utah, but should be a somewhat easy win for the ducks if they don’t overthink it and play clean football. Blitz and tackle Barnes, Barnes is very slow to scan the field however he does have a decent arm and is a good runner. He does terrible under pressure though. Honestly if Utah scores over 20 then the defense didn’t have a great day. Utah has a really bad offense, subpar QB, bad OLine, no weapons, however a fantastic TE. Utah does have a tough run defense though, pass defense seems a step down. If the OLine protects Bo I think Ducks will win with a score of something like 31-13.
While I hope you’re right, I kinda see why you’re so insane on gamedays if you think Oregon is going to have an “easy win” against a top 15 team on the road. I expect it to be an ugly game and hopefully Oregon finds a way to pull it off.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

webfoots2001 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Sucks for Utah, but should be a somewhat easy win for the ducks if they don’t overthink it and play clean football. Blitz and tackle Barnes, Barnes is very slow to scan the field however he does have a decent arm and is a good runner. He does terrible under pressure though. Honestly if Utah scores over 20 then the defense didn’t have a great day. Utah has a really bad offense, subpar QB, bad OLine, no weapons, however a fantastic TE. Utah does have a tough run defense though, pass defense seems a step down. If the OLine protects Bo I think Ducks will win with a score of something like 31-13.
While I hope you’re right, I kinda see why you’re so insane on gamedays if you think Oregon is going to have an “easy win” against a top 15 team on the road. I expect it to be an ugly game and hopefully Oregon finds a way to pull it off.
Utah is at least a top 15 team when healthy, they are not healthy though. And I expected a loss to Washington and Texas Tech so I don’t go into every game with unrealistic expectations.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
webfoots2001 wrote:
Utah is at least a top 15 team when healthy, they are not healthy though. And I expected a loss to Washington and Texas Tech so I don’t go into every game with unrealistic expectations.
The problem is during the games.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Have not seen the line for next week's game yet, but if UO is favored that means they will likely be favored in every game through Vegas if they keep winning and stay healthy. No other pac 12 team can say that.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

73duck wrote:Have not seen the line for next week's game yet, but if UO is favored that means they will likely be favored in every game through Vegas if they keep winning and stay healthy. No other pac 12 team can say that.
I think Washington might be able to say that.

I still can't find a line for UO-Utah yet, but for whatever reason there is one for UO-USC on FanDuel: Oregon -8.5.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Tray Dub wrote:
73duck wrote:Have not seen the line for next week's game yet, but if UO is favored that means they will likely be favored in every game through Vegas if they keep winning and stay healthy. No other pac 12 team can say that.
I think Washington might be able to say that.

I still can't find a line for UO-Utah yet, but for whatever reason there is one for UO-USC on FanDuel: Oregon -8.5.
I thought I saw Oregon at -5.5 somewhere

Edit:
Now it's Oregon -3.5
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Currently Oregon -4 at DraftKings and -5.5 at FanDuel so the number is still settling.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Added excitement with GameDay being there and Halloween weekend. Gonna be crazy
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

> I think Washington might be able to say that.

If Oregon wins out and is an underdog at a neutral site against UW, I am headed for the sports book.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Utah has won 15 straight at home. Don’t sleep on them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

SC ran at will for a quarter, then remembered they want Williams to be a heisman, and stopped running. Oregon won’t stop running the ball against Utah.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Lots of casual disrespect here toward the 13th-ranked two-time Pac-12 champions. Nobody should get too comfortable.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

We've had our fair share of issues on the road too.

I have an irrational fear of good teams using 3rd string qb's against us. Hope i can settle that next weekend.