Oregon/Cal November 4th kickoff time announced

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon/Cal November 4th kickoff time announced

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon will be playing likely their final game on the Pac-12 Network against Cal at 2:30 PM on November 4th.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon/Cal November 4th kickoff time announced

Post by OregonFan4Life »

As a father with young kids I’m not a fan of these afternoon start times, I was hoping this would be a night game at Autzen especially since I’ll be taking my wife to her first duck game.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:As a father with young kids I’m not a fan of these afternoon start times, I was hoping this would be a night game at Autzen especially since I’ll be taking my wife to her first duck game.
Huh?
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

gogreen55 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:As a father with young kids I’m not a fan of these afternoon start times, I was hoping this would be a night game at Autzen especially since I’ll be taking my wife to her first duck game.
Huh?
Maybe so his kids are asleep?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

As a father with young kids I’m not a fan of these afternoon start times, I was hoping this would be a night game at Autzen especially since I’ll be taking my wife to her first duck game.
My son usually naps from 1-3ish so these midday games actually create some logistical challenges here as well. (I'd prefer to either take him with me to wherever I go to watch the game OR invite people over.)
Last edited by pezsez1 on Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Only bad kickoff times are weekdays. Times on Saturdays are going to have proponents and detractors no matter what it is.

12:30 - Portland crowd doesn't have to get Saturday hotels
3:30 - Enough time to get down and back, but traffic postgame sucks
7:00 - Night game environment is awesome, don't need a Friday hotel, but out of towners either drive through the night or get a hotel.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
Huh?
Maybe so his kids are asleep?
Exactly, my kids like to go to bed early and wake up early, so they’re asleep when I go to night games but when it’s the middle of the day it feels like I miss most of the day.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah my babies sleep from 1:30-3:30, similar to Pez. So 12:30 starts are the best actually. :lol:

I will say though, 6 pm or later starts are nice since they babies are down by 7:30. We had three last year and so far none this year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Yeah my babies sleep from 1:30-3:30, similar to Pez. So 12:30 starts are the best actually. :lol:

I will say though, 6 pm or later starts are nice since they babies are down by 7:30. We had three last year and so far none this year.

So you have a sitter then? Ok makes sense.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oh I meant watching from home lol.

duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

is that 3 night games or 3 babies last year?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duck55 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

I will say though, 6 pm or later starts are nice since they babies are down by 7:30. OREGON had three last year and so far none this year.
is that 3 night games or 3 babies last year?
:lol:

Honestly IDK how people with twins/triplets/etc do it...

TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Have a riend who had 3 boys, so they wanted to try one more time for a girl. Got the girl and two more boys!!!