Ducks jump in Week 10 Poll

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Ducks jump in Week 10 Poll

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has moved up 2 spots in the AP Poll to #6 and are now the highest ranked 1-loss team.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Re: Ducks jump in Week 9 Poll

Post by pdxduck2013 »

That was the correct decision Given they dominated Utah and only lost to #5, this makes sense. Best resume of any 1 loss team so far.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Ducks jump in Week 10 Poll

Post by rsbgduck »

The fact OU only drops 4 spots after loosing to an unranked Kansas team IIMO is BS.

Guess the same thing could be said about the bark rats
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

rsbgduck wrote:The fact OU only drops 4 spots after loosing to an unranked Kansas team IIMO is BS.

Who should be higher than Oklahoma? They have only one loss and beat a Top 10 Texas team on the road. 10th sounds about right to me.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Phalanx wrote:
rsbgduck wrote:The fact OU only drops 4 spots after loosing to an unranked Kansas team IIMO is BS.

Who should be higher than Oklahoma? They have only one loss and beat a Top 10 Texas team on the road. 10th sounds about right to me.
(that game is always played at a neutral site - cotton bowl)
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

Phalanx wrote:

TX is there only quality win, they escaped UCF at home and loose to a non ranked Kansas team. For me it’s more than having 1 loss vs 2 losses determining where you’re ranked at especially when you get outside the top 10 this time of year. A bad loss should hurt a teams rankings as much as a quality win helps.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Oklahoma has realistically another one or two potential losses on their schedule. That can only weaken Texas's standing, especially if they lose to TCU who Colorado thumped...who Oregon in turn thumped.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Oregon is probably going to come in at around #10 in the official ranking announced tonight. They will need help to get into the CFP. Texas or FSU probably need to lose a game down the stretch, at a minimum.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

73duck wrote:Oregon is probably going to come in at around #10 in the official ranking announced tonight. They will need help to get into the CFP. Texas or FSU probably need to lose a game down the stretch, at a minimum.
Regardless where the number is. We win out and we’re in, we don’t and we’re not.

Simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

73duck wrote:Oregon is probably going to come in at around #10 in the official ranking announced tonight. They will need help to get into the CFP. Texas or FSU probably need to lose a game down the stretch, at a minimum.
I would be incredibly shocked, as I think many college football commentators would be. I think it much more likely they'll be #6 than #10.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Greenblood wrote:
I would be incredibly shocked, as I think many college football commentators would be. I think it much more likely they'll be #6 than #10.
Disagree. A couple SEC teams will be favored ahead of Oregon, doesn't matter that it's a down year for the SEC, and Texas will likely be favored with win over Alabama.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

squintsdd wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
Disagree. A couple SEC teams will be favored ahead of Oregon, doesn't matter that it's a down year for the SEC, and Texas will likely be favored with win over Alabama.
I have seen two updated projections, from Sporting News and Sports Illustrated, that take into account the games played this past weekend. Both predict the Ducks will be #6. While no guarantee, I would bet the Ducks are closer to #6 than #10.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-fo ... 0697186dfb

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news ... s-come-out
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

What Southeastern Conference team has a win that's better than Oregon's drubbing of Utah on the road?

Georgia's best win is against unranked Kentucky at home. Alabama's best win is against Ole Miss by two scores points at home.

There is literally no Southeastern Conference team, despite 14 teams in the league, that has a better win.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

gogreen55 wrote:
squintsdd wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
I have seen two updated projections, from Sporting News and Sports Illustrated, that take into account the games played this past weekend. Both predict the Ducks will be #6. While no guarantee, I would bet the Ducks are closer to #6 than #10.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-fo ... 0697186dfb

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news ... s-come-out
Are we playing price is right rules?