1: Ohio State
2: UGA
3: FSU
4: UW
5: Oregon
6: Texas
7: Alabama
8: Penn State
9: Mighigan (I think the CFP may even leave them out all together but they've played absolutely nobody worth mentioning and I think they CFP will knock them for it even if they've done what you'd expect a CFP team to do against that schedule.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Ducks jump in Week 10 Poll

Post by bellsduck »

Since we're all taking guesses.
2: FSU
3: Georgia
4. Michigan
5: UW
6: Texas
7: Oregon
8: Alabama
9: Oklahoma
10: Ole Miss
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

gogreen55 wrote:
73duck wrote:Oregon is probably going to come in at around #10 in the official ranking announced tonight. They will need help to get into the CFP. Texas or FSU probably need to lose a game down the stretch, at a minimum.
Agreed. Don’t be surprised if the ducks are 4-6.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

2: Georgia
3: Florida State
4: Washington
5: Michigan
6: Oregon
7: Texas
8: Alabama
9: Penn State

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Interesting that some of you are suggesting that the Ducks could be ahead of UW in the first CFP poll scheduled to come out in a little over an hour. Given the loss to UW and that they're still unbeaten, that would be pretty stunning to me. While I believe that most close observers of college football would probably agree that Oregon is the best team in the PAC-12 right now -- e.g. Jon Wilner earlier this week: "Despite the loss at Washington a few weeks ago, the Ducks look like the best team in the conference … and it’s not close." -- I think the committee would have a hard time actually putting the Ducks ahead of UW right now for those two reasons.

Not that I wouldn't LOVE to see the probable fury coming out of Seattle (I live in the Seattle area) if that did happen . . . though at the same time I'd rather not give UW any more motivation.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

> Regardless where the number is. We win out and we’re in, we don’t and we’re not. Simple as that

I agree that tonight's number does not matter much. But how does Oregon get a spot if FSU and Texas win out?

A 0-1 loss SEC champ and the winner of the Ohio State/Michigan game are in ahead of Oregon. Agreed?

FSU is in; they won't leave out an undefeated power 5 conference champ with a current SOS rank of 7 and a neutral site win over LSU.

So that would leave Texas, a one loss Big 12 champ with a current SOS ranked number 5 and an OOC road win against Alabama vs Oregon, a one loss PAC12 champ with a current SOS of 13 and a road OOC win over TCU.

Lots can happen over the next month, but it is not "simple as that."
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

73duck wrote:> Regardless where the number is. We win out and we’re in, we don’t and we’re not. Simple as that

I agree that tonight's number does not matter much. But how does Oregon get a spot if FSU and Texas win out?

A 0-1 loss SEC champ and the winner of the Ohio State/Michigan game are in ahead of Oregon. Agreed?

FSU is in; they won't leave out an undefeated power 5 conference champ with a current SOS rank of 7 and a neutral site win over LSU.

So that would leave Texas, a one loss Big 12 champ with a current SOS ranked number 5 and an OOC road win against Alabama vs Oregon, a one loss PAC12 champ with a current SOS of 13 and a road OOC win over TCU.

Lots can happen over the next month, but it is not "simple as that."
Agreed. I do think our case against Texas is better than you make it sound because our conference wins should end up looking more impressive than theirs. And I think the perception that the Pac 12 is really good this year (which I haven't heard anybody say about the Big 12) will help, plus maybe a little bit of sentimentality playing in our favor about not leaving out the Pac for its final hoorah. But the people who think there wouldn't be any debate between 1-loss Oregon and 1-loss Texas are fooling themselves.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

But Oregon does come in at #6, ahead of Texas at #7. Good sign.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

If we're going off of merit, Florida State and UW should be switched. Uw has the best win in the country, and both teams have looked amazing in games and nearly lost into inferior teams in others (FSU against Boston College and Clemson, uw against ASU and Stanford).
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Oregon ahead of Texas is a good sign for the future. More of an "eye test" than a "resume" ranking. All Oregon has to do is to not give them a reason to jump Texas over Oregon. Oregon needs to drill everyone on the remaining schedule. It would also help if UW is undefeated when they get their overdue whipping in Vegas.