Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Heisman Race

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

If Heisman trophy was today, I think Nix would win. 3 more games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

greenyellow wrote:
Jayden Daniels
7-3
Passing- 195-273 (71.4%) 3,164 yards, 30 TD, 4 INT
Rushing- 114 rushes for 918 yards, 8 TD

Just for comparison sakes.
Obviously I hope Bo wins this trophy cause it means the team has likely won their remaining games.
But statistically, there's a very strong argument for Daniels, especially if they win what's left on their schedule.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

bellsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Jayden Daniels
7-3

Obviously I hope Bo wins this trophy cause it means the team has likely won their remaining games.
But statistically, there's a very strong argument for Daniels, especially if they win what's left on their schedule.
If LSU had 1 loss he would be winning this thing running away. His numbers are insane, but they lost to pretty much every decent team they played this year.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

frogsnouts wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Jayden Daniels
7-3

If LSU had 1 loss he would be winning this thing running away. His numbers are insane, but they lost to pretty much every decent team they played this year.
Beat Missouri and is the only reason they’ve been competitive in the rest of their games. Tebow, RG3, and Lamar Jackson all won with 3 team losses.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

webfoots2001 wrote:
frogsnouts wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Jayden Daniels
7-3

Beat Missouri and is the only reason they’ve been competitive in the rest of their games. Tebow, RG3, and Lamar Jackson all won with 3 team losses.
All true! To be fair 2007 was a weird year. RG3 and Lamar both had at least one top 5 win as well. I think Daniels is the biggest problem for Nix winning if both teams win out, but I don't know if the stats gap is going to be insane enough to make up for having no real signature wins. Who knows, it's all a momentum award and it feels like Nix has the momentum if Oregon keeps winning.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I’d say neck and neck between them - stats vs winning. Pulling nix late in games was the right move, but it hurts his stat comparisons.

Next 3 weeks are what is going to separate them. Unfortunately, Penix can clearly surge over the next few weeks as well.

I will say the big sports news pumpers all all Daniel’s right now and that hurts. But Nix and Penix will have the limelight to shine or fade given the enormity of their team’s playoff race positions. Going to be a fun stretch for some fan base.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

frogsnouts wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Jayden Daniels
7-3

Remember when FMC didn’t want him. What a bad evaluation by MC and his staff.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
frogsnouts wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Jayden Daniels
7-3

Remember when FMC didn’t want him. What a bad evaluation by MC and his staff.
MC had no clue about anything other than OL guys. I am convinced as I see more and more how DL and his staff evaluate.

Thank God he is Miami's problem now.
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

Was just recently checking in on how MC guys are performing that transferred out has convinced me they were not evaluating talent at a high level. We had guys who aren't exactly lighting it up on G5 teams at this point.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

canaduck wrote:Was just recently checking in on how MC guys are performing that transferred out has convinced me they were not evaluating talent at a high level. We had guys who aren't exactly lighting it up on G5 teams at this point.
It's funny that both LSU (Bradyn Swinson is highest graded per PFF) and Auburn's (DJ James) best defenders are former ducks, though.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
canaduck wrote:Was just recently checking in on how MC guys are performing that transferred out has convinced me they were not evaluating talent at a high level. We had guys who aren't exactly lighting it up on G5 teams at this point.
It's funny that both LSU (Bradyn Swinson is highest graded per PFF) and Auburn's (DJ James) best defenders are former ducks, though.
Yeah- I can't help but wonder what these two might have done under Tuioti and Martin.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't think Swinson would have made any difference. I think he'd be average among the edges that we have right now, and I'd rather those snaps go to guys like Tuioti and Purchase who are the future.

DJ James, though... Really wish we had him back. Him and Khyree starting would win us a lot of games.