Herbert vs. Nix (Oregon/Auburn 2019)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Herbert vs. Nix (Oregon/Auburn 2019)

Post by StevensTechU »

Went down memory lane a little bit. Some names it's almost too easy to forget made some in this one - Sampson Niu, Darrian Felix, Ryan Bay.

What a loaded secondary. Jevon Holland (arguably the best safety in the NFL right now). Deommodore Lenoir (starting 49ers corner). Thomas Graham Jr. (Cleveland Browns)
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Re: Herbert vs. Nix (Oregon/Auburn 2019)

Post by webfoots2001 »

This was a Cristobal classic. Offense rolling in the first half to take a solid lead then go conservative and try to play smash ball as we watch the other team is able to get back in it. I can’t forget to add the multiple wasted random timeouts used before punts in the second half.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Switch coaches and Herbert wins that game, though we did have that disastrous bad snap (twice) after Holland’s huge punt return, Jake Hanson had a bad habit of snapping really high in the redzone if I remember correctly.

But that game showed how bad the Cristobal/Arroyo combo was. It takes a fool to think up 2 scores early in the 3rd quarter is a good time to try and run out the clock.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Pretty funny that Justin is on his second contract in the NFL and Nix is still playing in college. If Nix makes it to the NFL, would he be considered an NFL Duck by the country, or would they still think of him as Auburn? A Heisman win would definitely solidify his Duck status.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

Phalanx wrote:Pretty funny that Justin is on his second contract in the NFL and Nix is still playing in college. If Nix makes it to the NFL, would he be considered an NFL Duck by the country, or would they still think of him as Auburn? A Heisman win would definitely solidify his Duck status.
He'd be considered a Duck. Previous notable example would be Russell Wilson. Everyone remembers where he played last and best.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Phalanx wrote:Pretty funny that Justin is on his second contract in the NFL and Nix is still playing in college. If Nix makes it to the NFL, would he be considered an NFL Duck by the country, or would they still think of him as Auburn? A Heisman win would definitely solidify his Duck status.
Considering he struggled with auburn, and the Oregon coaching was able to get him to play to his potential, he'd be considered a duck
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

IMO, he is certainly a Duck and will always be remembered as a Duck, I see him staying in contact with the program as so many of the Duck greats and not so famous athletes do. In my mind this is not even a question and I do question other past transfers and one and dones…… yah yah yah….. once a Duck…..
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

He’s out of his dads shadow, and per himself, has never enjoyed football more (and probably on best team he’s ever been on), I would think in his mind, he’s a Duck.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

To make this game less hurtful, I just imagine that Auburn team was actually a futuristic Oregon led by Nix, even if he actually achieved his biggest potential while in UO.

And, if Nix wins the Heisman, how would it feel?