Michigan sign stealing-gate

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Michigan sign stealing-gate

Post by buckmarkduck »

Ohio st people saying there is far more than just sign stealing. Sounds like there could be some betting on the team, point shaving stuff.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Ohio st people saying there is far more than just sign stealing. Sounds like there could be some betting on the team, point shaving stuff.
That is why the FBI was on campus, conducting their separate investigation as the NCAA was looking into this other scandal.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

buckmarkduck wrote:Ohio st people saying there is far more than just sign stealing. Sounds like there could be some betting on the team, point shaving stuff.
It wasn’t that long ago and urban Meyer was at the Ohio State University. They had their own scandals so people in glass houses and all that. Seems like there’s a lot of cheating in that conference.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UofDuck
Senior

Michigan sign stealing-gate

Post by UofDuck »

After the NCAA turned over evidence to Michigan, their bluster, denials and chest puffing (threatening to leave the B1G, etc)has appeared to have now done a 180. They are now firing staff. There could be a serious smoking gun.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

UofDuck wrote:After the NCAA turned over evidence to Michigan, their bluster, denials and chest puffing (threatening to leave the B1G, etc)has appeared to have now done a 180. They are now firing staff. There could be a serious smoking gun.
The fact that they dropped the law suit, and suddenly accepted the penalties, tells you all you need to know. There's a lot more to this. They're saying Harbaugh wasn't involved, yet, but I'm gonna bet he leaves Michigan after bowl season
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Boosters are also involved. But I’m sure Harbs is totally innocent in this. Why would he know anything about what high dollar boosters, his assistants and other staff are doing?
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

UofDuck wrote:After the NCAA turned over evidence to Michigan, their bluster, denials and chest puffing (threatening to leave the B1G, etc)has appeared to have now done a 180. They are now firing staff. There could be a serious smoking gun.
It's all fun and games for Jimmy when he can repeatedly lie to the media, the public and the NCAA investigators with no real repercussions. His pal Judge Judy probably got on the phone and let him know what could happen if he went down that rabbit hole in an actual courtroom.

This is an absolute clown show in Ann Arbor. You got the linebacker coach destroying evidence on computers (and perhaps telling players to delete texts) in order to cover up this cheating operation, and we are supposed to believe he is the only coach that knew? First it was a lone wolf "low-level football staffer" that went rogue, with none of the coaches having a clue. Now it turns out the linebacker coach knew, but he is the only one (honest). Is there any non-"Michigan man" in the world stupid enough to actually believe this?

How much is this linebacker coach getting paid under the table to be the patsy? Losing a linebacker coach is pretty convenient...doesn't exactly make a big impact. What would have made more of an impact is losing the Defensive Coordinator....you know, the guy Stalions was actually standing next to during games, telling him which calls to make. :roll:

Now we discover this vast cheating network was, in part, funded by some Michigan booster that people in the program call 'Uncle T'. You can't make this stuff up.

This program is completely out of control. This year alone in the Michigan football program you got...

* Glenn "Shemy" Schembechler getting fired for his series of racist/transphobic/wild conspiracy theory Tweets (he tried to destroy the evidence...must be a "Michigan man" thing).

* Co-offensive coordinator Matt Weiss fired for "computer access crimes," with the police and FBI still involved.

* Another football "low-level staffer" getting fired for going full pedophile and soliciting what he thought was a 13 year old girl. He is caught on video showing up to their meeting with a bottle of liquor.

* The entire Connor "Michigan Manifesto" Scalions debacle.

* Lyin' Jimmy (who suddenly isn't so eager to clear his good name) getting suspended not once, but twice, in the same season for two different violations. Has any coach ever pulled that off before?

* This ridiculous interim coach crying/blubbering/cussing on live TV after he defeats Penn State, as if someone died. I mean, maybe I should cut the guy some slack. How could he possibly be expected to not act like a vulgar clown after being so unjustly forced to coach a football game (gasp) as a result of his team cheating!?! #VictimsValiant

It would be fitting if something involving gambling blows this entire department up. After all, the rallying cry on Twitter for many a "Michigan man" cult member was one simple word...
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Connor Stallions was "put on paid leave" on Oct. 20 - the Friday before Michigan State, so I assume he prepped the team on MSU signs for the week prior to the game.

In the first 8 games with Stallions, opponents scored 47 points total.

In the last 3 games played without Stallions, opponents scored 52 points total.

I'm mathitist but that's like a 300% increase in PPG allowed.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

5$ wrote:Connor Stallions was "put on paid leave" on Oct. 20 - the Friday before Michigan State, so I assume he prepped the team on MSU signs for the week prior to the game.

Nope, nothin to see here, Jimmy told me so!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

5$ wrote:Connor Stallions was "put on paid leave" on Oct. 20 - the Friday before Michigan State, so I assume he prepped the team on MSU signs for the week prior to the game.

The three teams that they faced after Oct 20th are the top 3 offenses in the Big 10 (excluding tOSU/Michigan)...

Additionally, they would still fit in the top 10 nationally based on allowing 52pt over 3 games.

Context.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into the past three games. It would have been easy enough for the guy to pass along his intel knowing he'd no longer be on the sidelines.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

The "nervous chicken" saga continued...

Hilarious, but also this guy is a little kooked out you can tell.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:

The three teams that they faced after Oct 20th are the top 3 offenses in the Big 10 (excluding tOSU/Michigan)...

Additionally, they would still fit in the top 10 nationally based on allowing 52pt over 3 games.

Context.
I saw this little nugget though too, which is supposed to account for those opponents.
Michigan has ranked first in SP+ since Week 5 and held steady after Week 12's results, but to the extent that trends matter, an interesting one has emerged: The Wolverines have underachieved against SP+ projections by 6.3 points per game over the past three weeks, while the Buckeyes have overachieved by 4.0 PPG in that same span and haven't actually underachieved against projections since Week 2. Ohio State remains third overall, and the top three -- Michigan, Georgia and the Buckeyes, with Oregon lingering nearby (so maybe top 3.5?) -- have formed a clear top tier.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Well…beat Ohio State.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Colin Cowherd and Joel Klatt talking about the rumors that the NCAA is considering changing the 'no advanced scouting' rule. Cowherd agrees it's a stupid rule. Klatt says the rule made in 1994 was because of a barrier based on resources, and that barrier no longer exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iirkSdQvrVs

Not to interrupt the 'Harbaugh is a terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad person' narrative. By all means, lets talk about his chickens some more. :lol: