Dan Lanning top name for Texas A&M coaching job

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Dan Lanning top name for Texas A&M coaching job

Post by buckmarkduck »

wlduck wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:Does anyone really think Lanning is leaving for this $hit?

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/28/1706 ... hip-trophy

"Well, folks, Texas A&M’s chancellor, John Sharp, just presented Aggie head coach Jimbo Fisher with an “NCAA Division I Football National Championship” trophy. The date is blank, reading simply “20--” for the year:"

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/2/28/1706 ... hip-trophy

It concerns me greatly that he hasn’t put the idea to rest. Silence is trouble.

The presser hasn’t even started yet. Did you want him to address it from his living room?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Just something regarding the UW head coach, purely me speculating.

When Cristobal was negotiating with Miami the Ducks started coming out flat as if they weren't adequately prepared for games. It was pretty obvious Cristobal was thinking more about the Miami job than Oregon's next gameplan.

How has Washington looked for the better part of the past month? ;)

Not saying I think the UW coach is leaving or anything, but it does make one wonder if something could be going on there. Some pundit made a good point that if A&M is ponying up $78 mil for a buyout then they probably already have someone lined up to be the program's next coach.

The Ducks have looked fantastic. Our coaching staff is 100% dialed in. I definitely don't get the feeling that our coaches are thinking of anything but winning the next game.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

pezsez1 wrote:
To be fair, it's barely been 24 hours and I'm sure he's a busy man. Also, so far, there's no actual smoke, just pundits talking.

That said, would anyone here realistically expect Lanning to immediately issue a statement that he has zero interest in A&M and wants to stay at Oregon? I know his paycheck is already larger than any of us could likely imagine, but let's be real here -- what would you do if you knew you might be wanted for a job that could potentially increase your annual pay by millions of dollars?

These Texas donors are wealthy and nutty. What if they came at Lanning with like a $12 million annual salary? Or $15 million? It wouldn't matter at a certain point how much he loved Eugene, it would almost be malpractice NOT to accept that kind of payday.

Maybe Mullens told him to sit tight and not say anything publically while he and Knight work out a reworked extension. Or maybe one is in the works, and Lanning doesn't want to lose his leverage by taking A&M off the table.

I'd be shocked if Lanning says anything at tonight's presser that's not vague. Even if he wants to stay, the situation requires patience. Sucks for us fans, but we'd all approach it the same way. I know I would.
He squashed things last year very quickly. I’ll admit I may just have PTSD, but this is feeling too familiar.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

wlduck wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
To be fair, it's barely been 24 hours and I'm sure he's a busy man. Also, so far, there's no actual smoke, just pundits talking.

That said, would anyone here realistically expect Lanning to immediately issue a statement that he has zero interest in A&M and wants to stay at Oregon? I know his paycheck is already larger than any of us could likely imagine, but let's be real here -- what would you do if you knew you might be wanted for a job that could potentially increase your annual pay by millions of dollars?

These Texas donors are wealthy and nutty. What if they came at Lanning with like a $12 million annual salary? Or $15 million? It wouldn't matter at a certain point how much he loved Eugene, it would almost be malpractice NOT to accept that kind of payday.

Maybe Mullens told him to sit tight and not say anything publically while he and Knight work out a reworked extension. Or maybe one is in the works, and Lanning doesn't want to lose his leverage by taking A&M off the table.

I'd be shocked if Lanning says anything at tonight's presser that's not vague. Even if he wants to stay, the situation requires patience. Sucks for us fans, but we'd all approach it the same way. I know I would.
He squashed things last year very quickly. I’ll admit I may just have PTSD, but this is feeling too familiar.
Consider it squashed
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Dan could not have more emphatically killed all of these rumors than he did at the beginning of his press conference. This story is over.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Holy crap, I love Dan Lanning. Wow. #mancrush
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

If Lanning ever does leave, it’s gonna hit me harder than any of the other ones. Even Chip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
wlduck wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:

Ok, my PTSD is over. I sincerely apologize for freaking out.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

He put the Oregon Wings on Sauphia's neck tattoo-tattoo, of course he's not leaving.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Lanning is on his way to being Oregon’s best coach ever and it won’t even be close.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

LANNINGS team is going to run through walls for him!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Lanning is on his way to being Oregon’s best coach ever and it won’t even be close.
#lanningstatue
Start looking for an artist.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Wow, what a statement. Is somebody cutting onions in here?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This really drives it home too :lol: