#6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: #6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Post by greenyellow »

Saw it pointed out that ASU has only given 30+ points twice this season (42 to USC and 55 to Utah) so it may be lower scoring than people expect.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

If Oregon has a strong 1st half and ASU offensive looks as bad as it has at times, I could see Oregon coasting in the second half in substitutions and play calling and 4th down aggressiveness.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

lmduck wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:
73duck wrote:Oregon with injured Jackson/Florence competes for a PAC12 championship.
Oregon with healthy Jackson/Florence competes for a national championship.
I like Khyree but he hasn't shown up against elite competition. I don't how the 2 are related but when he faces elite competition (UW/USC), he doesn't play too well and he left both early with an injury. Of course, maybe it's because he was injured but if it happened during the game, it doesn't explain his weak play while he was in the game.

I haven't seen Florence's name too much and usually that's a good thing. I think he's picked up a few PI's here and there but I want to say he did a decent job against both UW/USC
Hmmm- this is an interesting take because some of the pundits, Crepea included consider Khyree one of the top DBs in the conference.

Form James Crepea -

6) Khyree Jackson is definitely the best corner in the Pac-12

It’s no longer debatable. Jackson’s production is not how to assess this, though until his shoulder injury against Washington, it was exceptional as well. The best opposing quarterbacks are not testing him consistently. Instead, they’re taking aim elsewhere. With the exception of one pass by Michael Penix, Jackson is not giving up significant plays.

Caleb Williams barely looked his way, with a 9-yard completion on a third down on the final drive of the first half being the true instance of Jackson being targeted all game before he left with an injury, which appeared to be to his left shoulder again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah you're right. I watched a quick replay of the game and Khyree didn't give up too much. He gave up a TD (2nd UW TD) and was involved in an assignment issue later but he wasn't getting picked on. It was actually Florence who gave up a big play and the TD on the first drive. I probably got these thoughts in the heat of the moment and it looks like I'm wrong.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Looks like Rashada will be back this Saturday and will play against Oregon.
Is he expected to play or has just started practicing?
It looks like he will not start against Oregon now, he can be used in emergency situations but he won’t be ready to start this Saturday per Dilly.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Looks like Rashada will be back this Saturday and will play against Oregon.
It looks like he will not start against Oregon now, he can be used in emergency situations but he won’t be ready to start this Saturday per Dilly.
This makes a lot of sense to me, and was sort of my lean when I asked the question. You have a freshman coming back from injury who you think is the future of your program. Why would you bring him back just to get beat up by the #1 or #2 defensive line in the conference, when you're extremely unlikely to win anyway? It's more likely to hamper his development than help it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks going chrome/eggshell/nightmare in Tempe.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
This makes a lot of sense to me, and was sort of my lean when I asked the question. You have a freshman coming back from injury who you think is the future of your program. Why would you bring him back just to get beat up by the #1 or #2 defensive line in the conference, when you're extremely unlikely to win anyway? It's more likely to hamper his development than help it.
Part of me wonders with Dilly if we’ll still see Rashada a lot, probably will have some trick plays with him where at the very least he’s a decoy. Dilly is also the type that would have both QB’s on the field for the first play, no doubt he’ll run plenty of trick plays Saturday.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:Ducks going chrome/eggshell/nightmare in Tempe.
Gotta love the bird s*** uni's. :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Part of me wonders with Dilly if we’ll still see Rashada a lot, probably will have some trick plays with him where at the very least he’s a decoy. Dilly is also the type that would have both QB’s on the field for the first play, no doubt he’ll run plenty of trick plays Saturday.
Against UCLA they ran the swinging gate with some frequency so it's less about "trick-plays" than it is about defending multiple, odd formations and personnel groupings. This is likely a Defensive game-plan that is all about reading your keys and staying sound.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Line is up to 24.5.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
You don’t bring him back, and the reporter that covers ASU stated he isn’t going to play.
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks7 »

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered but is anyone aware of what has been going on with Bryan Addison?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

21-0 start to this one
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Saw it pointed out that ASU has only given 30+ points twice this season (42 to USC and 55 to Utah) so it may be lower scoring than people expect.
6 passings TDs for Bo in the 1st half.