#6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

#6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Re: #6 Oregon @ Arizona State (Nov. 18, Sat 1 PM Fox)

Post by nogerO »

Classic trap game at a rapidly improving team the week before a game with everything on the table, especially after the beevis hand Washington their first loss Saturday. Very nervous about this game, especially if we’ve got injured DB’s.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UGH, a game with everything on the line.............in the desert. These normally don't go well. Ducks in the desert usually ends in heartbreak.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

At least it’s not a night game, don’t want the weirdness or PAC-12 after dark. If offense doesn’t clean things up quickly this one could get down to the wire, ASU has a tough defense and nothing will be easy for the Oregon offense. At this point it’s also possible ASU gets some guys back from injury against the ducks, their offensive line has been decimated with injuries.

On a sidenote, if Oregon and Huskies win next Sat then the Pac-12 championship game will officially be Oregon vs Washington part II.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

As long as Brandon Aiyuk isn't walking through that door....

RB Skattebo is fun and hard to tackle, and Conyers is a load, but the Ducks should hold ASU to 7-14 and win this going away if they don't turn the ball over. We'll see.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

If Oregon had blown out USC I would be more worried about this being a “trap game” as they are called. Lots to work on and drill home this week to keep the team focused and up for the task in MHO. I’m also very aware of the ASU/AU history so rightfully so there is some worry to be had. If Oregon cleans up these damn penalties we when going away mid way through the 3ed quarter, if not it could be closer then most of us would like.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Dillingham threw all kinds of crazy stuff at UCLA and ended up holding them to just 3 points. I expect something similar from him when facing the Ducks.

He and Stein have similar offensive philosophy, so you'd think he'd have a decent strategy for defending it. The problem he has is Oregon's talent being far superior. I know that ASU almost beat UW in Seattle, too, but I think the dogs took them too lightly. The Ducks should beat them soundly.

I know that we've had bad experiences in the past in the desert, but those coaches, players, etc are all gone and it's a brand new year with new everything on both sides. I think Lanning and company will be focused on this game and win going away.
John 3:36
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

UCLA was down to 3rd string QB too. No Dante or Garbers
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Listening to recap podcasts of the game, being at the game I didn’t realize how many players got dinged up for Oregon, hopefully most of them will be ok Saturday, but injuries couple play a factor in this game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I don't see this squad losing focus at this point in the year with their goals so easily in sight.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Duck07 wrote:I don't see this squad losing focus at this point in the year with their goals so easily in sight.
I strongly agree. And I'm the kind of person who tends to have at least some worry about almost any Duck opponent. But I don't see great concern here (as if I did or didn't would have any impact on the outcome :roll: ).
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SuperDuck wrote:Dillingham threw all kinds of crazy stuff at UCLA and ended up holding them to just 3 points. I expect something similar from him when facing the Ducks.

He and Stein have similar offensive philosophy, so you'd think he'd have a decent strategy for defending it. The problem he has is Oregon's talent being far superior. I know that ASU almost beat UW in Seattle, too, but I think the dogs took them too lightly. The Ducks should beat them soundly.

I know that we've had bad experiences in the past in the desert, but those coaches, players, etc are all gone and it's a brand new year with new everything on both sides. I think Lanning and company will be focused on this game and win going away.
I'm glad ASU scared Washington recently and then just beat UCLA. It shows ASU isn't just an automatic win, especially on the road.

I could see ASU's defense getting some early stops, but slowing down Oregon's offense is gonna be a tall order for them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Greenblood wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I don't see this squad losing focus at this point in the year with their goals so easily in sight.
I strongly agree. And I'm the kind of person who tends to have at least some worry about almost any Duck opponent. But I don't see great concern here (as if I did or didn't would have any impact on the outcome :roll: ).
November college football, gents. Have you seen it before?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

StevensTechU wrote:
Greenblood wrote:
November college football, gents. Have you seen it before?

November. Huge Civil War (last one?) next week. In the desert against a team that has nothing to lose. Yeah why would anyone be concerned? Agree STU, I've seen way to many fold jobs in November. Not that I'm saying our Ducks will be folding, but I stick by the classic trap game that this is. Just hope Lanning has them as focused as they were in Salt Lake City. If so then yeah, we'll rub their noses in it.

Go DUCKS!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I don't see Oregon falling into a trap game here as they're so focused on getting the Pac-12 CG and the CFP. They know none of their goals can be accomplished if they lose this game. Having SR leadership like Nix and Dorlus certainly helps.