2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: 2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Post by SuperDuck »

UofDuck wrote:Norvelle or Sark. I’m probably just in denial tho.
I don't think they'd risk Sark. He had a good year but he hasn't done a whole lot else.

Norvelle is a strong possibility. He's rebuilt that FSU program from the ground up. I personally think he'd be a great choice.
John 3:36
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

KVAL is reporting that Lanning is currently in Tuscaloosa.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Because we’re all scarred, we might as well discuss potential replacements for Lanning. Jedd Fischer seems to be the most likely replacement if Lanning leaves, and I truly believe Lanning is as good as gone.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

How can people think Lanning is gone? Have you been listening to what the man has been saying all along? He wants this to be his last job. He's well taken care of at Oregon. He knows most coaches don't say stuff like he is saying because they know they will have egg on their face later when they try to walk it back. He wants to be here as long as Oregon wants him. And finally, the Grass is Damn Green in Eugene.

If Lanning leaves at this juncture, I am no judge of character. I believe what he has been repeatedly saying.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Because we’re all scarred, we might as well discuss potential replacements for Lanning. Jedd Fischer seems to be the most likely replacement if Lanning leaves, and I truly believe Lanning is as good as gone.
The sky is falling!!! :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:KVAL is reporting that Lanning is currently in Tuscaloosa.
Basically at this point if Brandon Kammerman says something is real, it's not. Waking up this morning and he's been panned by everyone for that "my sources say" take.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:KVAL is reporting that Lanning is currently in Tuscaloosa.
Basically at this point if Brandon Kammerman says something is real, it's not. Waking up this morning and he's been panned by everyone for that "my sources say" take.

I hate shock jock reporting hoping to be the first to break it…… why check your sources? I hope at the very least he get crap from everyone he sees today.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:I hate shock jock reporting hoping to be the first to break it…… why check your sources? I hope at the very least he get crap from everyone he sees today.
What was most telling was that a local KVAL guy has zero sources within the AD who could have told him it was nonsense that Lanning was on a plane and that he was relying on old personal connections.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

What was most telling was that a local KVAL guy has zero sources within the AD who could have told him it was nonsense that Lanning was on a plane and that he was relying on old personal connections.
Yuuuuup.

I miss the days when newspapers anchored the news. Accountability standards were insanely high. During my time in journalism, making just a couple of mistakes within a six-month period could be grounds for discipline, and more could be grounds for firing. The rise of TV & Internet media killed that.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Slowly, the chatter is changing to DeBoer. Would be so sad if they lost the NC game and then their coach in the span of a week.

Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Phalanx I wouldn't mind at all
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Joel Klatt said yesterday he thought the first calls would be to Sark, then Lanning, and then DeBoer, and that if it got down to DeBoer, he would be the hire. We'll see.
Last edited by Phalanx on Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Lanning will be on the Pat McAfee show at 10:30 PT
John 3:36
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Having fun watching Husky Twitter today. I think they're starting to realize that DeBoer may not be long for their world.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
betty white
Two Star Recruit

Post by betty white »

KDB cancelled his scheduled interview this morning on local sports radio station KJR. Fuskies fans in a panic.