2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: 2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:Texas just poached Arizona's DC Johnny Nansen, to be its co-DC/LB coach.
Evidently the new BIG12 team couldn’t pay what the new SEC teams can pay. Not a surprise UA couldn’t match/beat.
Naw, that's like the joke about how "a P12 team that just played in the P12 CG is playing a school with a religious zeal for its football program and almost unlimited funds.

Oh and Oregon is playing Liberty."
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

I'm guessing we'll be adding Harbaugh's name to this list soon, who replaces him? Their OC, DeBoer, someone else?
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

5$ wrote:I'm guessing we'll be adding Harbaugh's name to this list soon, who replaces him? Their OC, DeBoer, someone else?
Honestly, I doubt Deboer would be a candidate at Michigan due to his pass heavy offensive philosophy. They're a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type of school.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

He also hasn't shown himself to excel at recruiting.
John 3:36
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I wouldn’t automatically consider Harbaugh as gone, this is now the third year in a row where all signs showed that he was ditching for the NFL. He has something good in Ann Arbor. As a duck fan I want him gone so we don’t have to deal with him but I also don’t think it’s a guarantee he’s leaving.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I wouldn’t automatically consider Harbaugh as gone, this is now the third year in a row where all signs showed that he was ditching for the NFL. He has something good in Ann Arbor. As a duck fan I want him gone so we don’t have to deal with him but I also don’t think it’s a guarantee he’s leaving.
$10+Million/year will do that to some people.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I wouldn’t automatically consider Harbaugh as gone, this is now the third year in a row where all signs showed that he was ditching for the NFL. He has something good in Ann Arbor. As a duck fan I want him gone so we don’t have to deal with him but I also don’t think it’s a guarantee he’s leaving.
I think this year is different, because he's had to deal with the multiple suspensions, he's hired a new agent that generally represents NFL players and coaches, and now he's accomplished his main goal at Michigan. He's also been pretty evasive about his plans the past few weeks. So, I think there's much more smoke than previous years. Now that he has the NCAA championship under his belt, I'm sure his next goal is to get a Super Bowl championship.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Let our off-season madness begin!
Of course some don't like his 22-5 record so they'll think we can do better anyways.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Now comes the rumors of Lanning to Bama that will actually scare Oregon fans.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Story broken by "Clow(esp)n...

Had to give it a shot! :roll:

Pete Carrol out at Seattle?

Who jumps first, DeBoer or Harbaugh?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everyone knew it could happen one day but I don't think they saw Saban retiring now. It's going to be a nailbiting couple of weeks for Oregon fans now.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:Let our off-season madness begin!
Of course some don't like his 22-5 record so they'll think we can do better anyways.
Yeah, at least we got that quarterback for a year. That's the main thing.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I don't see Lanning leaving for Alabama. Sure, anything's possible, but let's consider what we know to be true:

1) Money isn't a factor. Lanning would probably be gone already if it was. Also, we can match any offer.

2) Lanning clearly loves it here. I don't think we've ever had a coach who's been such a cheerleader for the Ducks and Eugene.

3) He just said like two months ago that he would absoultely be here next season -- and he couldn't have been more emphatic about it.

4) He doesn't have a B1G or SEC dream job.

5) He is bringing in our best recruitng class ever with our best transfer class ever and probably keeping the most upperclassmen that we've ever kept in the CFP era.

Sure, I'm a little worried. I'm alive, and living things react to things. But logically? Nah.

I also think Alabama could do better. Lanning is entering his third year and (from an outsider perspective) he still hasn't done anything that Mario Cristobal hasn't done. I'd think Alabama will want either a proven winner or someone from the NFL.

My darkhorse gamble pick: Ryan Day from Ohio State. He'd get to escape the pressure of losing three consecutive years to Michigan (and Michigan winning a natty) while jumping to another program built for national championships.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

pezsez1 wrote:I don't see Lanning leaving for Alabama. Sure, anything's possible, but let's consider what we know to be true:

1) Money isn't a factor. Lanning would probably be gone already if it was. Also, we can match any offer.

2) Lanning clearly loves it here. I don't think we've ever had a coach who's been such a cheerleader for the Ducks and Eugene.

3) He just said like two months ago that he would absoultely be here next season -- and he couldn't have been more emphatic about it.

4) He doesn't have a B1G or SEC dream job.

5) He is bringing in our best recruitng class ever with our best transfer class ever and probably keeping the most upperclassmen that we've ever kept in the CFP era.

Sure, I'm a little worried. I'm alive, and living things react to things. But logically? Nah.

I also think Alabama could do better. Lanning is entering his third year and (from an outsider perspective) he still hasn't done anything that Mario Cristobal hasn't done. I'd think Alabama will want either a proven winner or someone from the NFL.

My darkhorse gamble pick: Ryan Day from Ohio State. He'd get to escape the pressure of losing three consecutive years to Michigan (and Michigan winning a natty) while jumping to another program built for national championships.
I can't see Alabama going after Lanning. He's an up and coming coach who I think has a great future ahead of him, but he doesn't have the experience yet to take over a program like the Tide.

3 of hs 5 losses to Oregon's arch rival and one to Oregon State. They won't tolerate losses to Auburn, Georgia, etc very long.

Also, Lanning is secure at Oregon. The fans love him and Uncle Phil has taken good care of him. Why would he want to move his family back there into a job with immediate expectations? I don't see it.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Urban Meyer's name mentioned. Yes, he has baggage, but the guy is a proven winner. He could step right in and have them competing for championships on day one.
John 3:36
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I wouldn't be shocked to see Urban Meyer's name mentioned. Yes, he has baggage, but the guy is a proven winner. He could step right in and have them competing for championships on day one.
Yep, Urban is always one of those names, and enough time has passed for people to forget his more undesirable qualities.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UofDuck
Senior

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Post by UofDuck »

Norvell or Sark. I’m probably just in denial tho.
Last edited by UofDuck on Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.