Wazzu throttling Colorado

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Wazzu throttling Colorado

Post by mrpd21 »

49-7 in 3rd qtr. Looks like Prime pulled Shedeur for the second half to keep healthy for the Apple Cup. I have been arguing all season with my friend who bandwagoned with Colorado after they caught TCU by surprise which was a good win. But I thought they were Pretenders and not built for the full season. I'd like to see what they do in the next couple of seasons to come but I don't trust Deion will stick around, could be wrong though.

Amazing how fast the Love Fest dissolved, wasn't that long ago ESPN was all over their jock.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Wazzu throttling Colorado

Post by Phalanx »

56-7 now. A lot of humbling going on. That's okay. Deion keeps receipts. Lots and lots of them. He might just have to use them as a write-off at this point. :lol:
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

The Colorado back-up QB hitting that receiver right in the side of the helmet with a pass while he wasn't looking was classic. I don't think I have ever seen that before. America's team not looking so great tonight as they fall to 1-7 in conference play.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Prime is a brand. He's a hell of a marketer and sells his label well. Is he a great coach? I'm not sure. Props for what he did at JSU, but I am not convinced it translates to the big conferences, or at least his stint at CU.

I feel like there's a strong chance he's only at Colorado for his boys and really doesn't want to commit to the program as much as his own brand. He also let his kids run a little too wild with flash and no substance and that's entirely on him.

I enjoy many of his speeches. I'm good with his swagger. I don't know if he has the commitment and discipline to do this for the long haul.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Keep that same energy, Prime.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Prime is a brand of meaningless fluff that is here today and gone tomorrow, and everyone knows it. He is a clown, totally lacking in substance. Dan Lanning's assessment of both him and the Colorado program in general has aged like fine wine. Colorado never did anything in the Pac 12, and they were mostly just going for clicks rather than wins, and the Cinderella story is definitely over. I agree Deion is a good marketer. He is the most famous coach of a team that went 1-7 in conference, probably ever. He actually had reporters agreeing that his son and Travis Hunter were both Heisman candidates. :lol: Meanwhile, he throws his coaches and players under the bus, especially his O-linemen, whose names he has repeatedly forgotten in press conferences. I'm not interested in coaches who are busy promoting their own brand. Let the results on the field be the promotion.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Deogin Sanders to Colorado would be interesting. Would feel bad for their fan base cuz the guy is an arrogant jerk, but would definitely make things more interesting in Boulder.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I watched the entire game, WSU did have two defensive touchdowns and a special teams touchdown to help with the blowout score plus with Prime in town WSU was motivated for the first time in weeks. Sanders only played 3 drives before being taken out due to injury. The reality is with Colorado that they have the worst OLine I’ve ever seen in P5 football, their pass protection has somehow gotten even worse. The OLine coach has to be fired this offseason. If Colorado had a decent OLine no doubt they’re at least bowl eligible this season.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I watched the entire game, WSU did have two defensive touchdowns and a special teams touchdown to help with the blowout score plus with Prime in town WSU was motivated for the first time in weeks. Sanders only played 3 drives before being taken out due to injury. The reality is with Colorado that they have the worst OLine I’ve ever seen in P5 football, their pass protection has somehow gotten even worse. The OLine coach has to be fired this offseason. If Colorado had a decent OLine no doubt they’re at least bowl eligible this season.
Maybe he shouldn't have run off so many of last year's players?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk