Civil War to continue? (EDIT: Civil War will continue)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Re: Civil War to continue?

Post by DuckzRule »

DCfeatherbutt wrote:Whaaaa? Let TT out of the return game? Replaced by going to Corvallis? If this is true I will be pissed. Maybe the TT return game would be rescheduled?

I am so over OAC and their troubles.

There is zero upside in playing OAC ever. Let them deal with Boise and Fresno. We owe them nothing. Typical snowflake Duck fans need to get a grip on this situation. STOP GIVING A S%%T about OAC. May they die a fiery athletic death.

We need to start acting like a real progrum.
Dude I'm actually bummed out, i wanted to go to Eugene for that Oregon vs. TTU game.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The Civil War is a bigger game than playing a team from Texas that isn't UT or aTm. Just a fact.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

They just reported Smith is in the finale stages of being name the Michigan St coach. OSU is about to go back to Anderson levels of competitiveness. Not sure how playing them is better than a top 25 TT team.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:They just reported Smith is in the finale stages of being name the Michigan St coach. OSU is about to go back to Anderson levels of competitiveness. Not sure how playing them is better than a top 25 TT team.
I think if they hire Ryan Grubb they should remain solid. They could potentially elevate Trent Bray but I don't know if that's a home run or a death sentence. He's a hell of a DC, though.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:They just reported Smith is in the finale stages of being name the Michigan St coach. OSU is about to go back to Anderson levels of competitiveness. Not sure how playing them is better than a top 25 TT team.
I think if they hire Ryan Grubb they should remain solid. They could potentially elevate Trent Bray but I don't know if that's a home run or a death sentence. He's a hell of a DC, though.

I know it’s hard to come to terms with. But the beavs are a MWC team. Bama wanted Grubb badly last offseason, being the oc for Saban is a far better job than a MWC HC. Grubb should be able to wait for a job at a place like Indiana, Northwestern or Arkansas.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Solid in the MWC. I’m sure OSU is super excited.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
As of right now I would say there’s a better chance Ryan Grubb is the head coach at Washington next season than at Oregon State.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

A deal may be announced soon but still some schedule trading going around. Tentatively, Oregon will give up the Texas Tech home game (who'll instead travel to Pullman to face WSU) on Sept. 7 to play Boise State. In Boise State's place on Sept. 14, Oregon will travel to Corvallis to face the Beavs.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

So, trade a P4 home game for a g5, sorta, road trip?

Makes sense!

If the beavz offered to drop the on-going civil suit against the PAC, it might make more sense!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I hope moving forward we don't do home and home every two years. I feel like we should have to seldom visit OSU unless they finally make their way to a bigger conference.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Civil War to continue? (EDIT: Civil War will continue)

Post by Tray Dub »

This makes conference realignment an even bigger win for us. Getting the marquee Big 10 matchups while still playing UW, USC, and now Oregon State is a pretty good trade in my book.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Tray Dub wrote:This makes conference realignment an even bigger win for us. Getting the marquee Big 10 matchups while still playing UW, USC, and now Oregon State is a pretty good trade in my book.

OS didn’t deserve it though. If they would just admit it’s their decades of bad leadership and bad marketing that lead to them being uninvited to a major conference. I might be ok with throwing them a bone here. But as long as they blame UO, they deserve nothing
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:This makes conference realignment an even bigger win for us. Getting the marquee Big 10 matchups while still playing UW, USC, and now Oregon State is a pretty good trade in my book.

OS didn’t deserve it though. If they would just admit it’s their decades of bad leadership and bad marketing that lead to them being uninvited to a major conference. I might be ok with throwing them a bone here. But as long as they blame UO, they deserve nothing
This is how I feel as well, with OSU’s recent antics and their president’s remarks attacking UofO no need to bail them out like this. Not sure if UofO is trying to gain favor for the lawsuit, are just being nice to OSU, or think the duck fans want this, but I personally don’t get it. At the very least make them come to Autzen, no need to also travel to Reser.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I think something that gets lost in these evolving discussions is fun.

Civil War week is fun.

When the teams are good, it's fun. When the teams are bad, it's fun.

When we win and get to talk s***, it's fun. Even when the Beavers win and get to talk s***, redeeming ourselves later is fun.

Is it a tougher game on the schedule than needed? Sure.

But it's fun.

I'll even say that if we can't beat a diminished OSU team at Reser then we shouldn't even be talking about national championships.

I'm also thankful my son will get to grow up with the Civil War continuing. For him to miss out on our family rivalry would have been sad. I'm glad it's back on!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I don’t think it will be tough at all Pez. They will have no QB, and probably lose all their legit D1 guys. And that also why I don’t like the game. They are, for those not admitting it, now San Jose st level