Just noticed that the top ranked 5 loss teams by the BCS are:
#30 Georgia
#34 South Carolina
#36 Arkansas
#38 Oklahoma
#39 Auburn
#43 Tennessee
#48 Kentucky

6 of the top 7 ranked 5 loss teams are SEC teams... The next highest 5 loss team is Air Force at #60.

Just thought it was kinda interesting and it seems like SEC always get overrated and more love than any other conference.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Re: Best 5 loss teams..

Post by uo2010 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Just noticed that the top ranked 5 loss teams by the BCS are:
#30 Georgia
#34 South Carolina
#36 Arkansas
#38 Oklahoma
#39 Auburn
#43 Tennessee
#48 Kentucky

6 of the top 7 ranked 5 loss teams are SEC teams... The next highest 5 loss team is Air Force at #60.

Just thought it was kinda interesting and it seems like SEC always get overrated and more love than any other conference.

Dude, you get keeping more ridicules. You cannot be questioning that Georgia and South Carolina deserve to be considered some of the best 5-loss teams; Georgia beat GT and South Carolina beat Clemson - the two teams that will play in the ACC championship. Which leaves only UT, UK, Auburn, and Arkansas. What team 5-loss team should be ranked above them? UConn? Southern Miss? SMU? Bowling Green? Air Force? Northern Illinois? Idaho? Of course not. Go find something else to complain about.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

"Dude, you get keeping more ridicules."

HUH? I thought this board used english as the primary language.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

uo2010 wrote:
#30 Georgia
#34 South Carolina
#36 Arkansas
#38 Oklahoma
#39 Auburn
#43 Tennessee
#48 Kentucky

Dude, you get keeping more ridicules. You cannot be questioning that Georgia and South Carolina deserve to be considered some of the best 5-loss teams; Georgia beat GT and South Carolina beat Clemson - the two teams that will play in the ACC championship. Which leaves only UT, UK, Auburn, and Arkansas. What team 5-loss team should be ranked above them? UConn? Southern Miss? SMU? Bowling Green? Air Force? Northern Illinois? Idaho? Of course not. Go find something else to complain about.
I was merely pointing out how so many SEC teams get so much love. 10 SEC teams in the top 48? Please justify that to me..
Some of those 5 loss teams are in front of 3 loss Rutgers, 4 loss Boston College, 4 loss UNC, 4 loss USF, 4 loss ECU, and hell even

But since you are a beaver and SEC fan, arguing with you is impossible because you are always right.

And I also you think Kentucky's best win over a 5 loss team is damn impressive, also Tennessee's best win over a 5 loss team is also pretty sick and good for the resume. And Arkansas, omg, those wins over Missouri State, Troy, Mississippi State, Eastern Michigan are just great (If that doesn't impress you, surely their wins at home over 5 loss South Carolina and 5 loss Auburn got your blood pumping. Or was it that win over 6 loss Texas A&M?).

Let's get real, most of these SEC teams haven't done crap and have 0 impressive wins on their resume.

At least Rutgers with only 3 losses has a win over a team with less than 5 losses.
Even give me UCF over most those SEC teams. They have four losses, with 3 losses to good teams: ECU(8-4), #17 Miami, and #3 Texas. 3 good teams. That loss to Southern Miss isn't too bad either. At least UCF boasts a win over a 2 loss team (#18 Houston). That's something not ONE of those SEC teams ranked in front of SEC can claim.

ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
uo2010 wrote:
#30 Georgia
#34 South Carolina
#36 Arkansas
#38 Oklahoma
#39 Auburn
#43 Tennessee
#48 Kentucky

I was merely pointing out how so many SEC teams get so much love. 10 SEC teams in the top 48? Please justify that to me..
Some of those 5 loss teams are in front of 3 loss Rutgers, 4 loss Boston College, 4 loss UNC, 4 loss USF, 4 loss ECU, and hell even

But since you are a beaver and SEC fan, arguing with you is equivalent to arguing with a stick.

And I also you think Kentucky's best win over a 5 loss team is damn impressive, also Tennessee's best win over a 5 loss team is also pretty sick and good for the resume. And Arkansas, omg, those wins over Missouri State, Troy, Mississippi State, Eastern Michigan are just great (If that doesn't impress you, surely their wins at home over 5 loss South Carolina and 5 loss Auburn got your blood pumping. Or was it that win over 6 loss Texas A&M?).

Let's get real, most of these SEC teams haven't done crap and have 0 impressive wins on their resume.

At least Rutgers with only 3 losses has a win over a team with less than 5 losses.
Even give me UCF over most those SEC teams. They have four losses, with 3 losses to good teams: ECU(8-4), #17 Miami, and #3 Texas. 3 good teams. That loss to Southern Miss isn't too bad either. At least UCF boasts a win over a 2 loss team (#18 Houston). That's something not ONE of those SEC teams ranked in front of SEC can claim.
owned. Good job TK. Nice research. I feel like you should probably be doing school work though.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ducksin2010 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
uo2010 wrote: Dude, you get keeping more ridicules. You cannot be questioning that Georgia and South Carolina deserve to be considered some of the best 5-loss teams; Georgia beat GT and South Carolina beat Clemson - the two teams that will play in the ACC championship. Which leaves only UT, UK, Auburn, and Arkansas. What team 5-loss team should be ranked above them? UConn? Southern Miss? SMU? Bowling Green? Air Force? Northern Illinois? Idaho? Of course not. Go find something else to complain about.

But since you are a beaver and SEC fan, arguing with you is equivalent to arguing with a stick.

owned. Good job TK. Nice research. I feel like you should probably be doing school work though.
Well uo2010 is also mean to me, so I had to say something really quick. :lol:

My 15 minute presentation is all ready for tomorrow, so I'm good, thanks for the concern though.

5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

uo2010 wrote:
#30 Georgia
#34 South Carolina
#36 Arkansas
#38 Oklahoma
#39 Auburn
#43 Tennessee
#48 Kentucky

Hey uo2010,

You really need to take yourself down a notch or two.. Get over yourself.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

will5 wrote:
uo2010 wrote:
#30 Georgia
#34 South Carolina
#36 Arkansas
#38 Oklahoma
#39 Auburn
#43 Tennessee
#48 Kentucky

Hey uo2010,

You really need to take yourself down a notch or two.. Get over yourself.
But will! He was BORN and BREED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT! :ugeek:
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
uo2010 wrote:
#30 Georgia
#34 South Carolina
#36 Arkansas
#38 Oklahoma
#39 Auburn
#43 Tennessee
#48 Kentucky

But since you are a beaver and SEC fan, arguing with you is impossible because you are always right.

Your post said that the was SEC overrated for having 6 of the top 7 five loss teams. But clearly those 6 teams are better than other possible five loss teams: UConn, Southern Miss, SMU, Bowling Green, Air Force, Northern Illinois, and Idaho.

Now, if you want to change the argument to that there are possibly better teams with less wins ranked below them then you can make that case for any team and it will be a never ending argument. UNC and BC will get no love because the two best teams in their conference just got owned by your crappy five loss teams in the SEC.

You are out of your mind if you would take UCF straight up against Arkansas, who only lost to Florida and LSU by 3 pts each and has one of the best QBs in the nation.

When you have been the best conference for the past number of years, you get the benefit of the doubt for conference losses.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

"When you have been the best conference for the past number of years, you get the benefit of the doubt for conference losses."

Are we talking Pac-10 now? ;)
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

uo2010, are you sure you're not from the southeast?

Since when is the SEC better than the Pac-10. Because the pac-10 is leading by 10 games in head to head games over the last decade? :lol:

Or is it because 2 loss SEC teams get to play in the NC game against a big-10 school?
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

Watch most/all those SEC teams be in the top 25 next year......... Georgia and South Carolina have an impressive win each so they may deserve it, but Tennessee and the others........ Not so much.

Thank God there are not any SEC fans here.... An LSU fan on another board tried to convince me that because they beat Washington they could beat the rest of the teams in the Pac-10............................................ Logic is not very abundant south of the Mason-Dixon line......