Uiagalelei

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Uiagalelei

Post by polyduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Don’t ever ask Don Essig how to pronounce it.
You'd think that he'd have a clue after SO many Poly's that have come thru Blugene.....right!?! :lol: I think that Jorgy does a pretty good job with his efforts at pronounciations. ;) Sco Ducks!!!!
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

polyduck wrote:
You'd think that he'd have a clue after SO many Poly's that have come thru Blugene.....right!?! :lol: I think that Jorgy does a pretty good job with his efforts at pronounciations. ;) Sco Ducks!!!!
I'm amazed that Don Essig is still alive. I'm 60 and he was my high school Principal at North Eugene when I went there my sophomore year. Dude's gotta' be around 150 by now. Lol
John 3:36
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

SuperDuck wrote:
polyduck wrote:
I'm amazed that Don Essig is still alive. I'm 60 and he was my high school Principal at North Eugene when I went there my sophomore year. Dude's gotta' be around 150 by now. Lol
I sold him and his wife a rug like 18 years ago and it's not like he was a spring chicken at the time.

Part of me feels like "It never rains" should just be an Essig thing and whoever takes over should have something new. It will be quite the controversy!
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Duck07 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
polyduck wrote:
I sold him and his wife a rug like 18 years ago and it's not like he was a spring chicken at the time.

Part of me feels like "It never rains" should just be an Essig thing and whoever takes over should have something new. It will be quite the controversy!
As someone who does what Don does, I 100% agree that "It never rains..." should be a Don only thing. It's one of his signature lines and would sound odd with someone else saying it. His voice IS Autzen Stadium and it will be sad when that era is over.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

AutzenMember wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
polyduck wrote:

As someone who does what Don does, I 100% agree that "It never rains..." should be a Don only thing. It's one of his signature lines and would sound odd with someone else saying it. His voice IS Autzen Stadium and it will be sad when that era is over.
Maybe the new "BIG" slogan should be "It never SNOWS in Autzen Stadium"