Re: Ducks open as 7.5 Faves over UW

Post by wlduck »

UofDuck wrote:That is very big. Wow.
Shocking to be honest.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

That tells me that Vegas thinks that they can't stop our Offense.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

We're -290 on the moneyline, which converts to implied odds of about 75% to win outright.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Truth is, the only team that can beat this team is this team or a rash of injuries.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

wlduck wrote:
UofDuck wrote:That is very big. Wow.
Shocking to be honest.
It's shocking to me because even though the Ducks have been playing better football since the loss in Seattle, UW has a much better run game now than they did then. Also, the Oregon secondary is banged up (Florence, Williams), where UW will have all their receivers healthy this time.

I like the Ducks to win, but 7.5 does seem a little high.
John 3:36
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Losing Florence definitely hurts, but remember we played our best D against the Huskies mostly with him and Jackson o. The sidelines. Depth took a hit, but we still have plenty of talent.

I think we win by two scores.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Do we know for sure he won’t play? i know he was on crutches and that’s usually not good but could also be part of rehabbing to be ready. Just spitballing cause we really don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Unfortunately Washington’s strength plays right into Oregon’s only weakness so I don’t understand the like favoring Oregon by 7.5 at all.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

There is no way they'd confirm anything re: Florence but if he was on crutches then I don't see how he's ready a week later. The silence on Florence is somewhat deafening as well. Whenever guys are just dinged up you hear about it.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

pezsez1 wrote:There is no way they'd confirm anything re: Florence but if he was on crutches then I don't see how he's ready a week later. The silence on Florence is somewhat deafening as well. Whenever guys are just dinged up you hear about it.
Fair point. Just thinking of all possible things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Football is a game of bounces, sometimes it bounces your way, sometimes not. There were at least five times where if the ball had "bounced" differently the game would have ended differently in Seattle.

This Ducks team could easily repeat Friday night's performance against the overmatched huskies in Vegas. Especially if Deboer is actually considering the A&M job.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

The spread seems about right to me. Let's keep in mind just how much more dominant the Ducks have been against common opponents -- other than USC, the respective outcomes to whom I consider to be a "wash" -- since UO lost by a field goal in Seattle:

ASU - UW, at home, barely escapes, with no offensive TDs; Ducks completely dominant in Tempe.
@ Stanford - UW struggles mightily to put away the Cardinal; a few weeks earlier, Ducks thrash them.
USC - As I say, I think basically a wash. Actually I think it's clear the Ducks controlled their matchup with the Trojans much more than UW did in theirs, but when throwing in the Ducks' home field advantage while UW was in L.A., it's probably not worth arguing about.
Utah - UW, at home, barely holds off the Utes; the Ducks, in SLC (and with GameDay present), completely dominate them.
OSU - UW holds on for a tight win; Ducks win by four scores a week later.
WSU @ home - UW arguably gets outplayed but wins with a field goal at the end; about a month earlier, the Ducks, though probably with a hangover after the painful loss to UW the week earlier, decisively win in a game probably not as close as the final score indicates.

While of course the differences in these outcomes are not "transferable," per se, to the upcoming CCG, I think there's just too much here to ignore. Apparently, despite the great UW receivers and supposedly improved running game, UW is . . . decidedly worse than when they played the Ducks. Maybe a little sarcasm there, but my point is simple: There is very good reason the Ducks are solid favorites. It doesn't "mean" they'll win, but I certainly don't think there's anything shocking about it.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Looks like Ducks are now at about -9.