Portal Needs - 2024

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Re: Portal Needs - 2024

Post by webfoots2001 »

Duck07 wrote:
webfoots2001 wrote:Each team held them to nearly 200 yards and two scores less than Oregon was able to in the championship game.
I wonder if the weather of those games had any factor in this or the number of healthy WRs? Probably not.

I bet if we played Penix in a rainstorm in Autzen we'd have won the game, seeing as how it took our own mistakes to lose on the road followed by playing in a stadium with all of their WRs back.
Ok, blame the osu game completely on the rain that was primarily only in the first half. You’re saying Polk is worth 10 points and 180 total yards to the uw offense since that’s the difference between the WSU and Oregon games the following week?

It’s ok to like Lanning and still admit he’s failed against nearly every upper level team Oregon has played in his short career so far.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

webfoots2001 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
webfoots2001 wrote:Each team held them to nearly 200 yards and two scores less than Oregon was able to in the championship game.
I wonder if the weather of those games had any factor in this or the number of healthy WRs? Probably not.

I bet if we played Penix in a rainstorm in Autzen we'd have won the game, seeing as how it took our own mistakes to lose on the road followed by playing in a stadium with all of their WRs back.
Ok, blame the osu game completely on the rain that was primarily only in the first half. You’re saying Polk is worth 10 points and 180 total yards to the uw offense since that’s the difference between the WSU and Oregon games the following week?

It’s ok to like Lanning and still admit he’s failed against nearly every upper level team Oregon has played in his short career so far.
If you really can't understand what 3 healthy WRs who are about to be drafted all in perhaps the Top 75 can do for a passing offense with a lethal QB, I'm just not sure what to tell you.

It's okay to say that Lanning hasn't won the big game yet, but you're trying to portend that those close losses against high level opponents are a sign that he will never win them and it's absurd when viewing the larger context.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

Duck07 wrote:
webfoots2001 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

If you really can't understand what 3 healthy WRs who are about to be drafted all in perhaps the Top 75 can do for a passing offense with a lethal QB, I'm just not sure what to tell you.

It's okay to say that Lanning hasn't won the big game yet, but you're trying to portend that those close losses against high level opponents are a sign that he will never win them and it's absurd when viewing the larger context.
I didn’t come anywhere close to saying he eventually won’t be able to win against top level teams, only that his limited track record has shown he hasn’t for whatever reasons. Hopefully that changes, but at this point I’m far more certain of Gabriel leading the offense to a championship level than I am of Lanning having a championship level defense next season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

How about we get back on topic because this discussion about Penix, Lanning, and UW isn't really that.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

greenyellow wrote:How about we get back on topic because this discussion about Penix, Lanning, and UW isn't really that.
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Nolan Stewart a duck! Boom another stud WR.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Nolan Stewart a duck! Boom another stud WR.
Had me looking its Evan Stewart from Texas a&m
Huge pickup
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Nolan Stewart a duck! Boom another stud WR.

Sorry had Nolan on the mind. Yes evan
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With Caldwell on board, Oregon is basically a safety/DB away from having all their needs met heading into spring.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:With Caldwell on board, Oregon is basically a safety/DB away from having all their needs met heading into spring.
Jabbar Muhammad is apparently following Duck players on twitter now. Seems like a nice fit if it happens, with apologies to those who feel that safety is the real problem.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

So did Jabbar Muhammad enter the transfer portal or the draft? 247 says transfer portal but Sports Illustrated says draft. Would love to add him to our secondary.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks have supposedly flown into to Texas to meet with Muhammad.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:Ducks have supposedly flown into to Texas to meet with Muhammad.

He started following multiple UO players.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Ducks have supposedly flown into to Texas to meet with Muhammad.

He started following multiple UO players.
This is just getting funnier by the day. Come on down and join the party.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Jabbar Muhammad was one of the absolute best corners I saw all year long; we'd be able to let him take away an entire side of the field.

But what I like most about this potential addition is the continued depth Oregon is accruing. Knowing it's going to take 15-16 games to win a National Championship, having depth is going to be a premium.