All Pac-12

Re: Who will be our bowl opponent?

Post by QuackininBama »

pdxduck2013 wrote:My guess for NY 6:
Peach: Penn State vs. Ole Miss
Orange: FSU vs. Georgia
Fiesta: Ohio State vs. Liberty or SMU
Cotton: Oregon vs. Missouri
Missouri, ugh, that game would suck. No offense to Missouri, but they are no where near our level.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

QuackininBama wrote:
Missouri, ugh, that game would suck. No offense to Missouri, but they are no where near our level.
Well at least that game would be better than a crappy matchup against Liberty or SMU.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

DuckzRule wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
Well at least that game would be better than a crappy matchup against Liberty or SMU.
My reasoning is that:
-you can't have teams from the same conference play each other, so Ole Miss, UGA, and Mizzou have to be in different games. tOSU and PSU have to be in different games.
-Penn State played the G5 school last year, so it's unlikely that they do it again.
-Oregon and tOSU played very recently, so idk if they put them against each other in a bowl game.
-the G5 team and Penn State played in the Cotton Bowl last year, so they likely play in a different bowl game this year.
-FSU and Georgia is contractually obligated to the Orange Bowl (highest non-playoff ACC team vs. highest non-playoff team from SEC or B1G).
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Instead, Florida State, as the No. 5 seed, will face the two-time defending national champion Georgia Bulldogs (No. 6) in the Orange Bowl.
Well there is two great matchups for us off the board. If Missouri is the best bowl game we can get that is not a motivating factor for guys to not sit that one out. It's a lose/lose. If we win well, they were supposed to win" and if we lose, "They weren't the team we thought they were". It's a useless bowl game for us.
Last edited by QuackininBama on Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

QuackininBama wrote:
Instead, Florida State, as the No. 5 seed, will face the two-time defending national champion Georgia Bulldogs (No. 6) in the Orange Bowl.
Well there is two great matchups for us off the board.
It's contractually mandated. Was never going to be possible for us to play FSU and would have only been possible to get UGA if they fell below Ohio State in the rankings.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

One thing I know for sure is that nobody cares if Oregon gets a good matchup. :lol:

I thought maybe it was the Fiesta Bowl who had to take Tulane last year, but nope, it was the Cotton Bowl. Oregon vs Liberty looks more likely with every update we get.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Phalanx wrote:One thing I know for sure is that nobody cares if Oregon gets a good matchup. :lol:

I thought maybe it was the Fiesta Bowl who had to take Tulane last year, but nope, it was the Cotton Bowl. Oregon vs Liberty looks more likely with every update we get.
Until a week ago I didn't even know Liberty was a football team. Does Liberty even have fans? That would probably be the least watched bowl game for 2023/24.
Last edited by QuackininBama on Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

It's SMU

Well, what a nice ACC vs. Big Ten matchup lol

EDIT: IT'S ACTUALLY LIBERTY WTF
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

DuckzRule wrote:
EDIT: IT'S ACTUALLY LIBERTY WTF

Yep.

It's #8 Oregon vs #23 Liberty in the Fiesta Bowl.
John 3:36
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Two things you can bank on every year: 1. The SEC will always be put in the fat positions. 2. The Pac will always get screwed. If you learn to expect it, you will never be disappointed.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I wonder if a Liberty fan finds our forum?? (I was being serious). Hey, if you are a Liberty fan reading this don't take it wrong, we invite you to the forums. Heck I am pretty sure I am speaking for everyone here, it would be nice to learn about your team. Sign up!!! Join us!!!!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

First of all, lame.

Silver lining: Great opponent for Ty Thompson assuming Nix doesn't play. Although depending on what happens regarding transfer news is it possible Thompson might not be on our roster by then?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I don't even know why Oregon takes the invite. The Alamo bowl will probably have a better opponent. Last year, they stuck USC with Tulane, and this year Oregon gets Liberty. There is absolutely zero motivation for Oregon in that game, after all the hard work this season. Sure glad they did all those Ducks vs. Them videos. Them turned out to be Liberty U.

I hate that the Pac 12 is breaking up, but if anyone still wonders why Oregon is leaving, look no further. Getting the short end of the stick year after year after year is enough to make anyone want to make a change.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Absolutely yucky bowl game for Oregon. There's going to be so many backups and walkons playing that it won't be funny. They're in a no-win situation against a team that'll likely be at full strength and very motivated.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Not the best of matchups. But still a very good bowl game. I’ll always root on the Ducks. Is some of the national narrative right bout duck fans? Are they delusional? They are playing in the Fiesta bowl. Liberty earned the right to be there. Still should support the team,whoever that may be come game time.